why do my quotes keep failing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haaan)
    why do my quotes keep failing?
    its happening to me as well..

ReputationRep:
    well not anymore

ReputationRep:
    They are picked on by a lot of people who haven't even bothered to listen but ah well, we'll leave them to it. They are talented, From Under the Cork Tree is an actual real good album that combines rock, emo and pop better than anyone else has done. Infinity on High I also really liked but it started to show where they began to lose their way. They got too famous, started taking too many drugs and started trying to incorporate hip hop into the music. Hmmm. I haven't listened to Folie a Deux, but if the rest is anything like I Don't Care I don't particularly want to.

Edit: Oh and Panic at the Disco haven't been comparable to Fall Out Boy for about 4 years so I don't know why they've been mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbarrie2)
    Music is not a science that lives or dies on technical ability. Its about feeling.
    Thats why i said "when looked at academically". its a good thing too that music is not all about technique or FOB really wouldnt have a leg to stand on.

If i ever want to listen to generic pop punk again in my life (which i am pretty sure that i will not), i'll grab whatever the latest album that FOB are passing off as music happens to be at the time. Until then, the only reason that i need to give for disliking FOB is the fact that i just. dont. like. them.

ReputationRep:
    They COMPLETELY SPOILT What's This.

ReputationRep:
    They're terrible live from what I've seen from youtube/been told.

I liked Sugar We're going Down and Champagne for my real friends. Dance dance was ok as was another song which I forget. Rest is complete garbage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fred Ivanovic)
    They're terrible live from what I've seen from youtube/been told.

I liked Sugar We're going Down and Champagne for my real friends. Dance dance was ok as was another song which I forget. Rest is complete garbage.
    so "take this to your grave" is garbage?

ReputationRep:
    Fall Out Boy are my 2nd favourite band and I dont see how they could be repetitive. The lyrics of their songs often relate with me and are in some cases just awesome.

My favourite lyric(s) from them are either:
    "I got your love letters, corrected the grammer and sent them back." from "Music or the Misery"
    or..
    "This is side one, flip me over, I know i'm not your favourite record. The songs you grow to like never stick at first, so i'm writing you a chorus, and here is your verse." from "Dead on Arrival"

There are many more great lyrics but they are two I can think of atm.

FOB = Great lyrics and some Good music to go with them = EPIC!

ReputationRep:
    Because we got bored of ******** on Nickelback all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bananaphone2k10)
    Fall Out Boy are my 2nd favourite band and I dont see how they could be repetitive. The lyrics of their songs often relate with me and are in some cases just awesome.

My favourite lyric(s) from them are either:
    "I got your love letters, corrected the grammer and sent them back." from "Music or the Misery"
    or..
    "This is side one, flip me over, I know i'm not your favourite record. The songs you grow to like never stick at first, so i'm writing you a chorus, and here is your verse." from "Dead on Arrival"

There are many more great lyrics but they are two I can think of atm.

FOB = Great lyrics and some Good music to go with them = EPIC!
    yeh same. some of my favourites:

"I still know the way to make your make up run" - The patron saint of liars and fakes.

Pretty much every lyric of "tell that mick..."

"turn of the lights and turn off the shyness cause all of our moves make up for the silence" - Of all the gin joints in the world.

"i'm sorry my conscience called in sick again", "Douse yourself in cheap perfume, it so fitting, so fitting of the way you are, you can't cover it up" - I slept with...

"i'm a stitch away from making it and a scar away from falling apart" - The [after] life of the party

"my smile's an open wound without you" - homesick at space camp

"Every friend we had in common, i will sever the tie, sever the tie with you" - sending postcards...

"the only thing you'll ever get is this curse on your lips: i hope they taste of me forever" - chicago is so two years ago

ReputationRep:
    yeh same. some of my favourites:
    OK, so I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to FOB... but are all their songs about:

A) Really seeming to hate women / a women
    B) Being pathetically lost without a women
    C) Really loving a woman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    OK, so I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to FOB... but are all their songs about:

A) Really seeming to hate women / a women
    B) Being pathetically lost without a women
    C) Really loving a woman?
    Well they are pretty much all off the one album which was released shortly after the lead singer broke up with his girlfriend.

so yeh most of them are A - seeming to hate a women.

If you read the lyrics of "tell that mick he just made my list of things to do today" you would understand.

ReputationRep:
    If you read the lyrics of "tell that mick he just made my list of things to do today" you would understand.
    :lolwut:

and here's me thinking that metal lyrics were spiteful at times...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    :lolwut:

and here's me thinking that metal lyrics were spiteful at times...
    Thats why it annoys me when people say they are so generic and all of their stuff is mainstream pop!

those lyrics were hardly written to inspire 13 year old girls.

ReputationRep:
    Thats why it annoys me when people say they are so generic and all of their stuff is mainstream pop!

those lyrics were hardly written to inspire 13 year old girls.
    To be fair, the music they make is fairly generic pop-rock. The progressions they use, the song structures... it ticks all the boxes for generic popular music.

IRT their lyrics... I wouldn't say 13 year olds, but the demographic that kinda of writing will appeal to is the mid teen group, the same age where relationships start, and invariably, fall apart. Listen to Blink 182, they're the epitome of writing lyrics for this demographic!

Fair play if you like it though. I don't. Doubt I ever will. I have a weird taste in music though tbh.

ReputationRep:
    so "take this to your grave" is garbage?
    Thanks for wasting almost 4 minutes of my life. I hadn't heard it, and am not going to comment on something I haven't heard. But now I have, I can say with certainty it's complete garbage. Although I must retract part of my original statement cause I think most of that album (with Sugar is going down on) reasonably good. And the album after that whatever it was had 1/2 OK songs but from then on it's gone downhill A LOT.

ReputationRep:
    Because they are a very bad band

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not-another-number)
    Because they are a very bad band
    how?

ReputationRep:
    how?
    They pale in comparison to other music I listen to, both talent-wise and lyrically.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.