Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The main advice I recieved is tell them to their faces and face the awkwardness...

ReputationRep:
    I think you need a shag.

:borat:

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to grow a pair of tits. She sounds like she's still at nursery.

Ask her to fingerpaint with you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's weird but the more you cave in the more these people will think they can get away with it. Be firm but fair, and explain that although you enjoy their company, you want to do your own thing.

ReputationRep:
    Say you're ill? They can't hate you for being ill. I'd be desperate in your position too. Out of ideas. Hope you find a resolution.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to them about it? but obviously be sensitive you don't want to sound like you hate them as that's how i usually go about things

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I can think of is to be actually out for a few occasions when they want you to do something with them, or like as they knock on your door or something, be on your way out so they know you do your own thing on your own and maybe get the hint that they should be able to do stuff on their own.

Hope I helped a little

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James')

lengendary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemagic150)
    The only thing I can think of is to be actually out for a few occasions when they want you to do something with them, or like as they knock on your door or something, be on your way out so they know you do your own thing on your own and maybe get the hint that they should be able to do stuff on their own.

Hope I helped a little

Thankyou. That does help some issues I suppose, but the lecture issue will not go away. I have stayed in bed not answered my door, phone or texts or window banging... but she persists every time.

She then says "I was such a loner on the bus" to which I reply "Why don't you just sit with your ipod in?"
    I have told her if I am up and coming I will be in the kitchen, yet she still does it! It's only because she doesn't want to sit alone on the bus- as if that is a fate worse than death...

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like your friends a little clingy, try and get someone else to go with her, or just make up an excuse to say you have to do something else, as long as it is convincing. and if you dont want to go to a lecture, how is your other flatmate supposed to know? tell her your not going to go when she knocks on the door and she will leave.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus how old is she, 12????

I'm sorry but maybe you need to give her a reality check. She NEEDS to learn to do stuff on her own.

ReputationRep:
    tell her to get some independance its quite pathetic for someone to expect to have a hand to hold wherever they go

ReputationRep:
    You'll just have to tell her straight but with some sensitivity,
    God forbid you get on a bus by YOURSELF... i seriously dont understand this, i like being on a bus by myself and if someone i know gets on then sure thats a good thing but i wont die if im alone!

ReputationRep:
    All it takes to not be a ***** is to tell people your problem to their faces. Nothing is solved about whining to other people about it or being passive aggressive.

Or you can be a total *****, and ***** about them online...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    All it takes to not be a ***** is to tell people your problem to their faces. Nothing is solved about whining to other people about it or being passive aggressive.

Or you can be a total *****, and ***** about them online...

I suppose you have a point.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't you just say to her, perfectly nicely, that if you haven't got up when it's time for the lecture it means you're not going to it - that you're catching a bit more beauty sleep? Make a joke out of it, but so that the point still remains, that if you're not up it means you're not going, and that you want to sleep so please could she not bang on your door etc.!

Maybe she bangs and bangs because she thinks you've overslept, and doesn't want you to miss the lecture - so she thinks she's doing you a favour? Just make it clear that when you don't get up, it's intentional!

ReputationRep:
    These are all good ideas but if they dont work and it gets extremely bad i suggest u move flats, it would suck but hey if it gets u away from all the fingerpainting :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James')

Your sig is fcuknig (intentionally spelt wrong b4 you all flame me) hypnotic. I can't stop watching aahaahhaaharrhahrhrarghghrgrhagh a :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek: :eek: :woo: :yes: :eek3: :eek3:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.