Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basicly, my gf asks me if i wanted to have dinner at hers. I said yes. She said its either bla blaa or something with something I don't like in. So I said yes aslong as it isn't with the stuff I don't like. So I go out, come back and she asks if I want to come round. I ask if Im having dinner and ask if it is the stuff I don't like. She said yes and said she doesn't know if its the stuff I dont like. So i eventually get her to admit its the stuff I don't like and that she had forgotton to tell her dad not to cook it for me.

So she then goes and tells her dad, he gets cross and said its the last time hes cooking for me. And now my gf is in a mood with me? And says I shouldn't come round as her dad will bully me about wasting food.

Am I in the wrong? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    that's pretty confusing to read lol but i dont think so - you were clear bout u wanted. its just somethin petty lol it'll blow over

ReputationRep:
    someones being nice enough to make you dinner...so you told them you didnt like it, they forgot and made it anyway...appreciate the gesture and dont be so ungrateful?
    there was no need to go to such lengths to make a point with your gf and then get her into trouble with her dad who made YOU dinner...
    jeeeez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoAccidents)
    someones being nice enough to make you dinner...so you told them you didnt like it, they forgot and made it anyway...appreciate the gesture and dont be so ungrateful?
    there was no need to go to such lengths to make a point with your gf and then get her into trouble with her dad who made YOU dinner...
    jeeeez
    what if the stuff he doesnt like is something he's allergic to? i wouldnt call it ungrateful in that case going into anaphylactic shock may disturb the meal

no i dont think you're in the wrong, its just a bit of miscommunication

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artymess)
    what if the stuff he doesnt like is something he's allergic to? i wouldnt call it ungrateful in that case going into anaphylactic shock may disturb the meal

no i dont think you're in the wrong, its just a bit of miscommunication
    i think if your afraid of going into anaphylactic shock youd say..im allergic to this...also presuming gf would know..and the dad wouldnt make a fuss if he was allergic since obv...death and whatnot..

ReputationRep:
    I think this is where maturity comes in, and you eat the food anyway, being grateful that someones made it for you.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't like something you don't like it. If he *****es and moans then play the long term game. Ask him over time about what food he likes and dislikes and then say you will cook tea. Make it something rancid and then quote his ***** rant at him.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think you were wrong- she shouldnt have gone and told her dad and u cuda just forced it down this one time and never eat it again! thats what i would have done in the situation anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Not really in the wrong, just best if you're more tactful about it. I find the best way is to eat it anyhow, say thankyou, and quietly mention that you're not particularly into that food. Sometimes a quiet mention is more effective than a complaint, and people don't get annoyed at you.

ReputationRep:
    Not really in the wrong, as she did ask you beforehand to find out which you would prefer. Still, you could just go over and eat the food, really.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you're in the wrong - I don't understand why your girlfriend is in a mood with you. I was going to say ask her to explain to her dad that it was her mistake and you told her in advance you didn't like that food, but obviously if she's in a mood with you I can't see her doing that.
    Maybe next time you see him apologise for the misunderstanding. Or ignore it and I'm sure it'll soon be forgotten.

ReputationRep:
    You're not in the wrong. Why did she go and tell her dad? Was she expecting him to cook another meal? She dumped you in it with her own stupidity imo. :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.