Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Fracking online shops declining my fracking debit card D:<
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Think of it as money saving

ReputationRep:
    Well done Juno!

Hi LLoT :hi:

Check it hasn't expired...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Think of it as money saving
    And dying of starvation?

Also, it's for a book I need for uni ...

(Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Hi LLoT :hi:

Check it hasn't expired...
    Next year :sadnod: Gonna have to pop in to Natwest tomorrow.

I also just checked my Abbey Santander account and it magically went overdrawn on the 31st December because 3 (the mobile provider) decided to start an unauthorised direct debit D:< I've never been with 3?!?!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Oh dear any reason why? If not ring the bank :yep:

edit: reading the post below I reckon you need to get in touch with both your banks tomorrow

I find Natwest are usually very helpful :yep: but mine's an offshore account which makes it easier when you ring them up...no waiting to talk to someone...ever :nah:

ReputationRep:
    And dying of starvation?

Next year :sadnod: Gonna have to pop in to Natwest tomorrow.

I also just checked my Abbey Santander account and it magically went overdrawn on the 31st December because 3 (the mobile provider) decided to start an unauthorised direct debit D:< I've never been with 3?!?!
    Sounds dodgy... you definitely need to check that.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    And dying of starvation?

Um, helping your weightloss?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by skipp)
    Oh dear any reason why? If not ring the bank :yep:

edit: reading the post below I reckon you need to get in touch with both your banks tomorrow

I find Natwest are usually very helpful :yep: but mine's an offshore account which makes it easier when you ring them up...no waiting to talk to someone...ever :nah:
    :emog:

ReputationRep:
    I plan to make a visit to both tomorrow. The problem is I'm running low on food so if the card is declined, I'm screwed. I mean ... is there a magic way to get money out of my account? I have no cash in hand D:<
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I plan to make a visit to both tomorrow. The problem is I'm running low on food so if the card is declined, I'm screwed. I mean ... is there a magic way to get money out of my account? I have no cash in hand D:<
    If one of the branches is open (which I doubt it is on a sunday) you may be able to go make a withdrawal in person if you take some ID with you...I was allowed to do this when my card was blocked, if not could you scrounge some money off someone you live with? Maybe just buy some bread and eggs and live off those for a few days
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Phone them now and quote the direct debit guarantee. You should get an immediate refund of the amount and any charges, so don't let them fob you off with any less

ReputationRep:
    The only sort of ID I've got is my student ID card :sadnod: I'll see what I can do when I go in tomorrow I've got enough for bus far to and from town I think.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The only sort of ID I've got is my student ID card :sadnod: I'll see what I can do when I go in tomorrow I've got enough for bus far to and from town I think.
    No, today

ReputationRep:
    Will your card work at cashpoints?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Will your card work at cashpoints?
    I will be finding out tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    No, today
    The lines charge in my experience and I have little credit on my phone And the banks are closed today.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The lines charge in my experience and I have little credit on my phone And the banks are closed today.
    well, tomorrow then. it might be an idea to print out this or similar, or at least familiarise yourself with it. The important bit to note is you should get a full and immediate refund.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    well, tomorrow then. it might be an idea to print out this or similar, or at least familiarise yourself with it. The important bit to note is you should get a full and immediate refund.
    From the sounds of it that only entitles me to being refunded the amount they took. I think that because I don't have an agreed overdraft (as far as I know) they will charge me for going overdrawn, which is not covered by that agreement. I'll definitely fight
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Next time I have bank problems I'm getting Juno on the case :erm: I have no idea what a direct debit guarantee is...

Although I don't do anything on direct debit
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    From the sounds of it that only entitles me to being refunded the amount they took. I think that because I don't have an agreed overdraft (as far as I know) they will charge me for going overdrawn, which is not covered by that agreement. I'll definitely fight
    As it's an error they should remove all charges too. If they don't, a strongly worded complaint letter to the bank and to 3 should get you a refund.

(Original post by skipp)
    Next time I have bank problems I'm getting Juno on the case :erm: I have no idea what a direct debit guarantee is...

Although I don't do anything on direct debit
    Yeah, I have like a stiffycat and qwalifikashuns and stuffs :smartass:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.