Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Really? I thought the first series was much better balanced, R2 is considered to be a Fabulous Trainwreck - entertaining, but impossible to take seriously......although I agree the ending was excellent.

Geass as a complete series is still well up in my top 5 though - its just wonderfully entertaining and has some brilliant and unforgettable characters.....just a pity about the messy plotholes in R2.
    I loved it how everything changes in R2. I think R1, you could say is the standard anime, and very similar to lets say Deathnote. Though R2, I have to say surprised me so much in every single way through all the twists and everything.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I always thought Lelouch to be a bad person, but he let the whole world hate him and he was willing to die for the peace. By the way, I think he is still alive, because at the end, you see that CC is talking to him and I think he was driving the cart. He's probably an immortal if true and must have taken Charle's code. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    I loved it how everything changes in R2. I think R1, you could say is the standard anime, and very similar to lets say Deathnote. Though R2, I have to say surprised me so much in every single way through all the twists and everything.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I always thought Lelouch to be a bad person, but he let the whole world hate him and he was willing to die for the peace. By the way, I think he is still alive, because at the end, you see that CC is talking to him and I think he was driving the cart. He's probably an immortal if true and must have taken Charle's code. :eek:
    ah Im sorry
    Spoiler:
    Show
    the makers came out and said that he definitely died:sadnod: to end all the speculation for some reason:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Yeap 'Word of God' made the ending clear cut.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    you should probably say that is a spoiler for the end of R2.

thanks for ruining the ending for me :rant:

Spoiler:
    Show
    i accidentally read some spoilers a while ago so already knew what happened

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    you should probably say that is a spoiler for the end of R2.

thanks for ruining the ending for me :rant:

Spoiler:
    Show
    i accidentally read some spoilers a while ago so already knew what happened
    urm, if its R2 related you shouldnt have touched it anyway:hmmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :console:damn that sucks

ReputationRep:
    This is another reason I prefer to watch things as they come out - much easier to avoid spoilers :console:

ReputationRep:
    Yeap 'Word of God' made the ending clear cut.
    (Original post by vin)
    ah Im sorry
    Spoiler:
    Show
    the makers came out and said that he definitely died:sadnod: to end all the speculation for some reason:dontknow:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I thought these were pretty convincing really. Is there anything heard about R3 at all because some people are saying it's coming out.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    i havent watched geass in ages, stopped halfway through R2. think i may finish it tomorow if i dont go shopping.

i just spent 2 hours practicing motorway driving for my trip to oxford on wednesday, such a waste of time, motorway driving is easy.
    The only scary bit of motorway driving is the actual joining.

I have to drive to Leeds soon :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I thought these were pretty convincing really. Is there anything heard about R3 at all because some people are saying it's coming out.
    Yeah that blog entry is from Sept 08 when all the mad debate over the ending was going on - after that creators came out and confirmed the ending.

No word on the new project yet - there is a new manga starting, set in the same world but during the Edo period - there will be further Geass projects announced, but at this stage it is unknown if any of them will be an anime or an OVA - and if they are an anime it is unlikely to be a direct sequel to the pervious series. So far as Sunrise is concerned Lelouch's story is now complete.

ReputationRep:
    This is another reason I prefer to watch things as they come out - much easier to avoid spoilers :console:
    :sadnod:

though why would they make a clear statement like that when they made it so ambiguous:confused: surely leaving it like that would keep interest in the franchise and they can make more money from merchandise then?:tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I think they thought that the end was quite clear cut and the huge internet debate surprised them a bit :laugh: Geass is still a massive money spinner for Sunrise though, but I don't think they'd want to do anymore with Lelouch which is why they made the ending clear so that if future projects didnt involve him there wouldnt be any fan backlash.

ReputationRep:
    I think they thought that the end was quite clear cut and the huge internet debate surprised them a bit :laugh: Geass is still a massive money spinner for Sunrise though, but I don't think they'd want to do anymore with Lelouch which is why they made the ending clear so that if future projects didnt involve him there wouldnt be any fan backlash.
    oh right:hmmmm2: underestemated how into the series the fans were:giggle:

Im glad they wont be making a mess of his story by dragging it out more than they need to

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too - I loved Lelouch, but milking the character anymore would ruin him. C.C. on the other hand has much more scope to be included in any new projects and is the most logical bridge between the shows due to her nature.

ReputationRep:
    Hello Hello

How be everyone today :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Hey James

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    :sadnod:

though why would they make a clear statement like that when they made it so ambiguous:confused: surely leaving it like that would keep interest in the franchise and they can make more money from merchandise then?:tongue:
    Spoiler:
    Show

You never know, maybe the ones who make the anime got pissed off because of so many people wondering whether or not Lelouch was dead, that they did just to make everyone shut up. Either way, I want to see Lelouch back

ReputationRep:
    [IMG]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww29/*******man/HardGay.gif[/IMG]

ReputationRep:
    You never know, maybe the ones who make the anime got pissed off because of so many people wondering
    Spoiler:
    Show
    whether or not Lelouch was dead
    , that they did just to make everyone shut up.
    Isnt that what I just said? :mmm:

Either way, I want to see Lelouch back
    I don't, anymore would ruin the character.

EDIT: hey Bubbles :hugs:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by vin)
    :cry2:I want to be a beautiful drawing

:bawling:why do I have to be like this
    Me too...sucks to be 3 dimensional :sad:

I'm sure vin's pretty just not a drawing... :giggle:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Juno)
    The only scary bit of motorway driving is the actual joining.

I have to drive to Leeds soon :sad:
    Speak for yourself...it looks terrifying

70mph :afraid:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.