Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    :console: What happened? I thought you were working in a call center?

:hugs: I feel your pain - want some of my amazing painkillers and anti-inflamatories?

I counted this morning - I'm on 8 different kinds of medication :awesome:

Woo, congrats Keo! :hugs:

Yep, I quit this morning(after 4 days). I got impatient with the "training"(because answering a telephone needs so much skill apparently), It was even more demoralising than signing on at the job centre, the trainer made me & others feel like ****.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :hugs: I feel your pain - want some of my amazing painkillers and anti-inflamatories?

I counted this morning - I'm on 8 different kinds of medication :awesome:
    I don't know what I've done to it. It started about 2 weeks ago: I was changing gear and felt my shoulder/arm go ow :sad: Then I had 9 days off work and I thought it would settle down, but it didn't. And now it's gradually getting worse.

At the moment, Muffin is sitting on my right shoulder and I can't pick her up with my left hand. My drink is on my side but I can't get it with my left hand, only my right.

I think I need to go to the v-e-ts :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGX_RSV2)
    Yep, I quit this morning(after 4 days). I got impatient with the "training"(because answering a telephone needs so much skill apparently), It was even more demoralising than signing on at the job centre, the trainer made me & others feel like ****.
    Gah, sorry to hear that :console: If its any consolation Call Centres are hideous places to work I didnt last long in the two I worked in either (I think 6months total between the both of them), I'm sure you can find something better :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I don't know what I've done to it. It started about 2 weeks ago: I was changing gear and felt my shoulder/arm go ow :sad: Then I had 9 days off work and I thought it would settle down, but it didn't. And now it's gradually getting worse.

At the moment, Muffin is sitting on my right shoulder and I can't pick her up with my left hand. My drink is on my side but I can't get it with my left hand, only my right.

Oh dear :s: You definately need to go to the doctor Juno - my shoulder is killing me but at least I have a full range of movement in it
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Oh dear :s: You definately need to go to the doctor Juno - my shoulder is killing me but at least I have a full range of movement in it
    I'm having issues with tablets! Normally I hold my drink in one hand, hold tablet in the other, put tablet in mouth and immediately have drink. Cept can't lift left arm to mouth :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Gah, sorry to hear that :console: If its any consolation Call Centres are hideous places to work I didnt last long in the two I worked in either (I think 6months total between the both of them), I'm sure you can find something better :yes:
    :yes:

I'm gonna just do voluntary work for the next month, after that i'm due to enter full-time education again, so i'm all good.

ReputationRep:
    Hai everyone :wavey:

Oh dear :s: You definitely need to go to the doctor Juno - my shoulder is killing me but at least I have a full range of movement in it
    What happened to your shoulder?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by IGX_RSV2)
    You can have my job. I'm sposda go to work in a bit.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Liptease)

Dinner! :teeth: :eating:

Please come here and sit on my plate. Not up to catching you today. Also please prepare yourself so you're extra yummy With syrup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Dinner! :teeth: :eating:

Please come here and sit on my plate. Not up to catching you today. Also please prepare yourself so you're extra yummy With syrup
    I'll give you indigestion..honest I will

:jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Juuunoooooo :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:

Hiya

I have chronic RSI (repetitve strain injury) in my right arm - which has spread up into my shoulder and neck because of the massive amount of paperwork and typing I do in an office thats not fitted with the right kind of desk/chair/screen.

As a result I'm in crippling pain and my doctor has signed me off work for 2 weeks to recover

ReputationRep:
    Hiya

I have chronic RSI (repetitve strain injury) in my right arm - which has spread up into my shoulder and neck because of the massive amount of paperwork and typing I do in an office thats not fitted with the right kind of desk/chair/screen.

As a result I'm in crippling pain and my doctor has signed me off work for 2 weeks to recover
    Oh gosh that super sucks. Are the office going to make changes for when you get back?

It's good you'll have time off though it can't be much fun with the pain. Are you on decent painkillers?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    Juuunoooooo :puppyeyes:
    (Original post by Juno)

:withstupid:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hiya

Too much yaoi :joyman:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    :eek: :console: what you doing on here, go to the doctors now cant you get the day off cos you wont be able to do anything :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Is there any swelling? You could have pulled or even strained your muscle. Strained muscles in the upper body are incredibly painful and appear to get worse for a few days.

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh that super sucks. Are the office going to make changes for when you get back?

It's good you'll have time off though it can't be much fun with the pain. Are you on decent painkillers?
    I work for the NHS :indiff: Ive been complaining and attending physio for treatment (which is also where I'm working and the source of my pain) for this condition for over 2 years, and they still havent done much for me aside from give me some wrist rests/splints and a decent mouse pad.....I'm not holding my breath TBH.

Although this is the 1st time I've actually had to go off work with the pain so maybe they'll actually pay attention now.......especially since there is no one to cover my ridiculous workload :mmm:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I also lost manga girl yesterday :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I work for the NHS :indiff: Ive been complaining and attending physio for treatment (which is also where I'm working and the source of my pain) for this condition for over 2 years, and they still havent done much for me aside from give me some wrist rests/splints and a decent mouse pad.....I'm not holding my breath TBH.

Although this is the 1st time I've actually had to go off work with the pain so maybe they'll actually pay attention now.......especially since there is no one to cover my ridiculous workload :mmm:
    Oh gosh that's ironic. Two years seems more than excessive if this was America I would suggest you sue :google: and then take a good long break in the Seychelles :sogood:

I can't believe they have done nothing after so long and haven't even cut down your workload. I think you should still kick-up a fuss when you get back (sorry if that seems harsh) because if they let you suffer for this long the person in charge seems very unreasonable.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.