Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Now do you get where I'm coming from?
    I got it before :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    In other words, hatred. I destroy the column so you destroy the library? Logic clearly went on a vacation.

So no honour to your name?
    No it's not hatred - and logic and honour contradict each other. Logic ignores honour. The most logical thing to do is destroy the British Library if you destroy Nelson's column, punishing you as much as you have wronged the whole of Britain. It would show you the true cost of what you have done, in absence of a mechanism to punish you face to face. I know that destruction of the British library would be devastating to more than just you but the whole national pride, but so would Nelson's column. It just happens that you care about the former, or at least its contents.

ReputationRep:
    Logic clearly went on a vacation.

So no honour to your name?
    but you're the one saying you're taking matters into your own hands to destroy it because you dont like it

174. :o: You made me worry i missed a hundred or so episodes for a second there. :tongue:
    :giggle:yes 174
    No it's not, and logic and honour contradict each other. Logic ignores honour. The most logical thing to do is destroy the British Library if you destroy Nelson's column, punishing you as much as you have wronged the whole of Britain. It would show you the true cost of what you have done, in absence of a mechanism to punish you face to face. I know that destruction of the British library would be devastating to more than just you but the whole national pride, but so would Nelson's column. It just happens that you care about the former, or at least its contents.
    ...Im going to watch more anime again :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    but you're the one saying you're taking matters into your own hands to destroy it because you dont like it

...Im going to watch more anime again :wtf:
    Me too, for real now :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong Coo?

I'm fine. Just bored. Yes, you're seldom on now.
    Yeah, I'm okay, just really busy and kind of stressed out at the moment

You disappeared and I went off :p:
    Oh. I went for dinner and I wasn't really expecting anyone to still be online when I came back :p:

ReputationRep:
    No it's not, and logic and honour contradict each other. Logic ignores honour. The most logical thing to do is destroy the British Library if you destroy Nelson's column, punishing you as much as you have wronged the whole of Britain. It would show you the true cost of what you have done, in absence of a mechanism to punish you face to face.
    "Logic ignores honour"

I'm just going to leave that there and look like it like i'm staring at a retarded monkey lizard.

So by my wronging Britain by destroying such a "cherished" monument, you decide to wrong Britain again by destroying their library.... hmmm... logic... really?

ReputationRep:
    I know that destruction of the British library would be devastating to more than just you but the whole national pride, but so would Nelson's column. It just happens that you care about the former, or at least its contents.
    Yea, still illogical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)

Not because I don't like it, but because it needs to be better and stronger than before to support my restaurant. Of which you'd be a frequent guest of course.

ReputationRep:
    "Logic ignores honour"

I'm just going to leave that there and look like it like i'm staring at a retarded monkey lizard.

So by my wronging Britain by destroying such a "cherished" monument, you decide to wrong Britain again by destroying their library.... hmmm... logic... really?
    Before I go, what I said rings true. Honour is just as much a subjective cultural construct. What exactly, is "honour"? We will differ on that. However, it is clear that no humans have purely "logical" desires. Logic is only ever the process, and never the beginning or the end. Honour is important to me, but logically it can get in the way of achieving an objective, and can be discarded. You cannot in any case complain about my logic when you complain about my sense of "honour" - on which we disagree - too.

I would have decided already to destroy it IF you destroyed Nelson's column. Therefore in all actuality you will have chosen to destroy the library too, you would have just refused to believe me capable of keeping my word. You are thus faced with a predicament if you try to destroy Nelson's column, there is at least a risk that the British Library will be destroyed by me through the proxy of your original actions. The uncertainty would nag away at you. Are you willing to risk the library in order to destroy Nelson's column?

ReputationRep:
    May god, are you still arguing over nothing? :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    May god, are you still arguing over nothing? :wtf:
    children:no:

kag enjoys it :giggle:

Not because I don't like it, but because it needs to be better and stronger than before to support my restaurant. Of which you'd be a frequent guest of course.
    Aside from your destruction it just sounds like a somewhat tacky idea:erm:

:proud:Im a frequent guest

ReputationRep:
    Before I go, what I said rings true. Honour is just as much a subjective cultural construct. What exactly, is "honour"? We will differ on that. However, it is clear that no humans have purely "logical" desires. Logic is only ever the process, and never the beginning or the end. Honour is important to me, but logically it can get in the way of achieving an objective, and can be discarded. You cannot in any case complain about my logic when you complain about my sense of "honour" - on which we disagree - too.
    Any means to get to an end, regardless of the means. I didn't agree with it during philosophy and ethics, and I certainly don't now. :giggle:

How can honour be important to you if you're willing to do away with it just to achieve what you want to achieve? What notion of respect do you hope to achieve from that? Not from others, but from yourself.

I would have decided already to destroy it IF you destroyed Nelson's column. Therefore in all actuality you will have chosen to destroy the library too, you would have just refused to believe me capable of keeping my word. You are thus faced with a predicament if you try to destroy Nelson's column, there is at least a risk that the British Library will be destroyed by me through the proxy of your original actions. The uncertainty would nag away at you. Are you willing to risk the library in order to destroy Nelson's column?
    This is stupid. If I destroy the column, I destroy the column. If you destroy the library, you destroy the library. It's not a chain reaction. It's your choice. :sigh:

(Original post by vin)
    children:no:

kag enjoys it :giggle:
    :yep:

:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    Aside from your destruction it just sounds like a somewhat tacky idea:erm:

:proud:Im a frequent guest
    Well it certainly won't be Vin. It will be beautiful and glorious.

And yes you are. You'll be keeping Jen company on the VIP Anime Society table.

ReputationRep:
    Well it certainly won't be Vin. It will be beautiful and glorious.

And yes you are. You'll be keeping Jen company on the VIP Anime Society table.
    :teeth:

but what if I scare your other customers away :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    :teeth:

but what if I scare your other customers away :sad:
    Then they aren't worth having.

ReputationRep:
    Then they weren't worth having.
    :proud:

ReputationRep:
    My grammar has been shoddy all night. I think rest would be prudent...

Goodnight Vin. :hugs: Goodnight Cara. :hugs: Goodnight Alex :hugs:

Goodnight lurkers who aren't Vin or Cara or Alex. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    im going to bed now:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Mornin' anime lovers. Sick today as well so no school :sick:

ReputationRep:
    Bleh, didn't get up until gone 11 ...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.