Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Advent Children is great in terms of animation, voice acting, music ... just lacks a decent plot.
    True, but that never stopped me from enjoying it :cute:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Advent Children is great in terms of animation, voice acting, music ... just lacks a decent plot.
    It was pretty enough to overlook that :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Mine too :proud: well at least my most referenced part :mmm: nothing is funnier than the continually reincarnated Agrajag...most unfortunate character ever
    I found it hilarious that it turned out he was the bowl of flowers from the first book :rofl: no matter how random a event you think something is in hitchikers they somehow manage to connect it into the story :grin:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by JWH)
    I found it hilarious that it turned out he was the bowl of flowers from the first book :rofl: no matter how random a event you think something is in hitchikers they somehow manage to connect it into the story :grin:
    That's why it's so awesome :love: nothing is irrelevant...

And that is how all books should be written...until it gets boring :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    That's why it's so awesome :love: nothing is irrelevant...

And that is how all books should be written...until it gets boring :giggle:
    It ould be a mixture of awesome and strangeness if all books were written like that :giggle:

I still need to finish reading the hitchhikers books I'm still at the beginning or So Long and Thanks for all the Fish
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Provided that I don't get any work tomorrow I'm wondering what to have for lunch...I feel like treating myself.

So...do I go out to this posh cafe in town and get steak (expensive, time consuming but the best thing ever, gets me out the house)

Go get a sandwich in town (inexpensive, time consuming, tastes good, gets me out the house)

Or get one of the really nice M&S ready meals (semi-expensive, quick, super yums, stay at home and get stuff done)

I really can't decide

(Original post by JWH)
    It ould be a mixture of awesome and strangeness if all books were written like that :giggle:

I still need to finish reading the hitchhikers books I'm still at the beginning or So Long and Thanks for all the Fish
    :p: get reading then...and yes awesome and strange :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    True, but that never stopped me from enjoying it :cute:
    (Original post by skipp)
    It was pretty enough to overlook that :giggle:
    Indeed, I thoroughly enjoyed it Very prettiful, well made fight sequences and all.

Only thing stopping it top marks really is the lack of a decent plot :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Provided that I don't get any work tomorrow I'm wondering what to have for lunch...I feel like treating myself.

So...do I go out to this posh cafe in town and get steak (expensive, time consuming but the best thing ever, gets me out the house)

Go get a sandwich in town (inexpensive, time consuming, tastes good, gets me out the house)

Or get one of the really nice M&S ready meals (semi-expensive, quick, super yums, stay at home and get stuff done)

I really can't decide
    First one. for two reasons, a) where's the fun in life if you don't treat yourself occasionally, and b) it's good to get out of the house for a bit :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)

I really can't decide

:p: get reading then...and yes awesome and strange :giggle:
    I've been busy with art work and exams lately so I haven't had a chance to read in a while.

Also I cannot give advice on where to go for food seeing as anytime I feel like treating myself I just go to the subway which is locate rather close to my house :giggle:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Cooro)
    First one. for two reasons, a) where's the fun in life if you don't treat yourself occasionally, and b) it's good to get out of the house for a bit :yep:
    Good advice...I'll be going out for posh steak tomorrow then :p: was pretty easy to convince myself there :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Good advice...I'll be going out for posh steak tomorrow then :p: was pretty easy to convince myself there :giggle:
    that sounds pretty great.... I might have to drag someone to the Ha Ha Bar with me tomorrow for their fab steak sandwiches :coma: If I can find someone who'll go with me...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Cooro)
    that sounds pretty great.... I might have to drag someone to the Ha Ha Bar with me tomorrow for their fab steak sandwiches :coma: If I can find someone who'll go with me...
    I'll be going to the cafe alone :sad:...get on a plane and join me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    I'll be going to the cafe alone :sad:...get on a plane and join me?
    Tempting, very very tempting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Wow...what a fantastic idea

Go find my Art Teacher...she'd love you...she'd probably even make you tea if you asked nicely

And I haven't played any...my friend had some...and I knew I'd get addicted so never allowed myself...for years I've walked into hmv, picked up the newest incarnation...and put it down again...every time I go in

I have Advent Children on dvd though...so pretty
    I shall find her. :yep: I promise you that. :hugs:

You think she'd also like my previous project where I was looking for pretty shadows? :giggle:

Ah... I can understand why you wouldn't want to be addicted. When FFX came out I missed school a few times because I couldn't put it down. :giggle:

(Original post by JWH)
    Well FF1 (haven't completed though),3,4,7,8,9,10,10-2,12,Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core and Dissidia even though it isn't technically one of the proper FF games :giggle:
    wow... i've only played 7, 8, 10, 10-2, Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core. I imagine I wouldn't find the earlier ones that interesting if i'm honest...

Dissidia looks fun. :tongue:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I rated Advent Children on animation, music and action alone, more or less. Having not played the games I had no idea who any of the characters were, or any of the backstory or anything, but it was still pretty. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    wow... i've only played 7, 8, 10, 10-2, Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core. I imagine I wouldn't find the earlier ones that interesting if i'm honest...

Well FF3 and 4 were techincally the DS remakes on FF1 you can get on the psp :giggle:. FF1 isn't that good but FF3 is decent and FF4 is rather good in fairness but not as good as my fav FFs

Dissidia is very fun you never get tired of just fighting Sephiroth as Cloud in the Northern Crater map let along all the other characters or maps :giggle:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    I shall find her. :yep: I promise you that. :hugs:

You think she'd also like my previous project where I was looking for pretty shadows? :giggle:

Ah... I can understand why you wouldn't want to be addicted. When FFX came out I missed school a few times because I couldn't put it down. :giggle:

She'd doubly love the shadows idea...she organised the project that involved us going into a neolithic tomb and playing shadow puppets inside it :giggle:
    That was a great part of a project...me and one of my friends did a story about the nature of war...and birds

I'm off to bed/give my father his computer back now though guys, night :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Night Skipp :hugs:

Katanagatari episode 2 post done and dusted :proud:...........now what to watch :beard:

ReputationRep:
    :ninja:

Bye :flip:

ReputationRep:
    Had the worst dream ever!!!!!!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.