Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Chiaki (Nodame Cantible) and Hei(Darker than Black). An asian cosplaying asian characters. :top: I'd also do Kon if I could find the damn costume! I aint making anything. :p: Marks and Spencers - For my cosplay outfits. :ninja:

I need a violin for first cosplay otherwise I'll just look like an asian guy in a suit. I can't exactly do the conductor version either as people might think I'm cosplaying an asian wizard. :mmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Hmm looks alright. I need a white wand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I don't know what an expo is
    It's this.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Keoje)
    It's this.
    Oh, I'm differentiating those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Oh, I'm differentiating those.
    Simple stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas how I make this? lol

Spoiler:
    Show

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Keoje)

Spoiler:
    Show

get a rock and paint it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    It's this.
    nice:mmm:

(Original post by Keoje)

Spoiler:
    Show

I thought about making one of those a long long time ago but the problem is that humans have noses:erm: Im imagining that making a large flat one would look weird?:dontknow: its doable with a baloon and paper mache though :erm:

although saying all that you can buy them http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Darker-than-BL...d=p3286.c0.m14 ...but would you really want to spend £50 on it :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    I thought about making one of those a long long time ago but the problem is that humans have noses Im imagining that making a large flat one would look weird? its doable with a baloon and paper mache though

although saying all that you can buy them http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Darker-than-BL...d=p3286.c0.m14 ...but would you really want to spend £50 on it
    It's only £25.57 but unsure about p&p. Looks pretty damn neat tho. Surely p&p can't be that much....

@Juno I won't be able to see through it.

[edit] ok maybe p&p does....meh they don't ship from china to hk. would be so much cheaper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)

Spoiler:
    Show

This plus some paint :awesome:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by caraniel)
    This plus some paint :awesome:
    how was work? :jumphug:

I was in asda and they had a pos for a cara egg, but then i realised it was short for caramel :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    It's only £25.57 but unsure about p&p. Looks pretty damn neat tho. Surely p&p can't be that much....

@Juno I won't be able to see through it.

[edit] ok maybe p&p does....meh they don't ship from china to hk. would be so much cheaper
    :sadnod:

mummy's idea is pretty good if you can find the right basemask :yep: the eyes in that one though :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    how was work? :jumphug:

I was in asda and they had a pos for a cara egg, but then i realised it was short for caramel :sad:
    It was OK actually, I wasnt put in the hellish Physio dept (don't think they know I'm back :mmm:) as I went to my manager 1st and more or less refused to go :ahee: So was in Audio all day - its manic, but at least because its a much smaller department I can do things my own way (and all their records are digital so no tiny boxed filled office of files :woo:)

Have to see what comes of the OccHealth report and if I can be moved permanently (and if Physio will let me go :erm:)

ReputationRep:
    This plus some paint
    Oooh I like this idea.

@Vin My mask is cheaper than 'your' mask. :p: Same seller.

ReputationRep:
    It was OK actually, I wasnt put in the hellish Physio dept (don't think they know I'm back :mmm:) as I went to my manager 1st and more or less refused to go :ahee: So was in Audio all day - its manic, but at least because its a much smaller department I can do things my own way (and all their records are digital so no tiny boxed filled office of files :woo:)

Have to see what comes of the OccHealth report and if I can be moved permanently (and if Physio will let me go :erm:)
    thats good mummy:hugs:

demand that they release you:sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Hello Hello

How be everyone today :grin:

Also with that mask thing Cara's idea is a good one one of my friends used a base mask when making a mask for some art work and that turned out rather good though Vin's idea of using paper mache would work as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Oooh I like this idea.

@Vin My mask is cheaper than 'your' mask. :p: Same seller.
    oh Ive seen that, over £170 :lolwut:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

I had blood tests today *waves arm* And then I took my prescription to the pharmacy, and the woman there said she liked my nails And I bought a purse; they said it should be £6 but it didn't have a tag so they let me have it for £1 instead. It's kinda beige and goes with my Radley bag really well.

And I played my new tape in my car (tape deck, woo) and then my car made a horrible squeaky noise :cry: So I phoned my daddy, who instantly diagnosed the problem, laughed at me, and told me how to mend it - I just needed to rewind the tape :blush:

And then I went to the parcel place and got my parcel :grin: And I went to asda. I bought a top but decided i don't like it, and a jumper but picked up the wrong size. Strangely when that happens it's always my sister's size :dontknow: So I txt her saying i'd got her a present, and when she asked what it was she got the cryptic clues of "it was on the wrong hanger" and "mum wouldn't approve but I think you'll like it". She couldn't guess, and phoned me the second she was on her lunch break.

But I've had a productive day - I've done 2 pieces of homework for my IT course, and done one question of my maths assignment. I started the next, but put my dash in the wrong place which completely changed the meaning. I wrote f'(x) when I meant f(x) :sad: But it's not due for a while. And I changed my room around - I got rid of stupid table and now have my shoe cupboard! My room seems so much bigger this way. Daddy is also happy, as he cut up stupid table and turned it into a computer bench.

And yeah, that's just an epic post about my day.

Really, it isn't up to Physio. If your report says you can't do it then they have to let you go. Even if not, you can at least insist on doing things properly and having a break every so often like the guidelines say. Have you bought a new mouse yet? Or insist on doing things at a slower pace. If it doesn't get done then it's not your problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I had blood tests today *waves arm* And then I took my prescription to the pharmacy, and the woman there said she liked my nails And I bought a purse; they said it should be £6 but it didn't have a tag so they let me have it for £1 instead. It's kinda beige and goes with my Radley bag really well.

And I played my new tape in my car (tape deck, woo) and then my car made a horrible squeaky noise :cry: So I phoned my daddy, who instantly diagnosed the problem, laughed at me, and told me how to mend it - I just needed to rewind the tape :blush:

And then I went to the parcel place and got my parcel :grin: And I went to asda. I bought a top but decided i don't like it, and a jumper but picked up the wrong size. Strangely when that happens it's always my sister's size :dontknow: So I txt her saying i'd got her a present, and when she asked what it was she got the cryptic clues of "it was on the wrong hanger" and "mum wouldn't approve but I think you'll like it". She couldn't guess, and phoned me the second she was on her lunch break.

But I've had a productive day - I've done 2 pieces of homework for my IT course, and done one question of my maths assignment. I started the next, but put my dash in the wrong place which completely changed the meaning. I wrote f'(x) when I meant f(x) :sad: But it's not due for a while. And I changed my room around - I got rid of stupid table and now have my shoe cupboard! My room seems so much bigger this way. Daddy is also happy, as he cut up stupid table and turned it into a computer bench.

And yeah, that's just an epic post about my day.

Really, it isn't up to Physio. If your report says you can't do it then they have to let you go. Even if not, you can at least insist on doing things properly and having a break every so often like the guidelines say. Have you bought a new mouse yet? Or insist on doing things at a slower pace. If it doesn't get done then it's not your problem.
    :emog:nice day

ReputationRep:
    Juno's days sounds like a busy but enjoyable one :yep:

Yeah I think that regardless of what Physio managers say I'll be taken out of that department, its just not suitable working conditions for anyone - surprised I'm the 1st one to kick up a fuss about it really. They'll just have to find some other poor sod to take care of their stupidly huge backlog (although since I set up all the spreadsheets and files I'll have to train whoever takes over :rolleyes:)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    does anyone want to go to download with me :puppyeyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.