Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here driven a 175-mile long journey? Well any long distance. What was it like? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Has anyone here driven a 175-mile long journey? Well any long distance. What was it like? :confused:
    I've been in the passenger seat a few times while my auntie drove me from Manchester to London. It's quite pleasant... I think it was just over 200 miles and came to around 4 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    I've been in the passenger seat a few times while my auntie drove me from Manchester to London. It's quite pleasant... I think it was just over 200 miles and came to around 4 hours.
    That's as the passenger. I have done the same from Durham twice...as passenger. No cruise control is going to be a :mad: for a 3-4 hour drive

ReputationRep:
    I quite like driving long distances - so long as I've got a good playlist on the ol iPod, a bottle of water and a packet of mints I'm good to go anywhere :mmm:

However right now I'm going to bed

:ciao: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    G'Night Cara-sama :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    That's as the passenger. I have done the same from Durham twice...as passenger. No cruise control is going to be a :mad: for a 3-4 hour drive
    Well during the drive I asked my auntie if she was tired or anything - because I know she can be quite restless - but she kept saying she was fine. She and I get along though and we hardly stopped talking to eachother so I guess our talks broke the mundanity.

Will you be alone? Ipod?

ReputationRep:
    Well during the drive I asked my auntie if she was tired or anything - because I know she can be quite restless - but she kept saying she was fine. She and I get along though and we hardly stopped talking to eachother so I guess our talks broke the mundanity.

Will you be alone? Ipod?
    Haven't made a final decision yet but probably unless someone wants to hitch a ride with me. I'm not really a big fan of trains. :nutcase::cry: I guess it depends on if I can get it for 1 or less changes via train + if I get a 5 year free railcard.

Will have some form of Ipod by then. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    I quite like driving long distances - so long as I've got a good playlist on the ol iPod, a bottle of water and a packet of mints I'm good to go anywhere :mmm:

However right now I'm going to bed

:ciao: :hugs:
    Goodnight Cara.

ReputationRep:
    my dad drove from london to leeds and back in one day. that was so long and boring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Have fun :wavey:

If it's too sterile I'll be afraid just designing it...you're kitchen's having at least a little character whether you like it or not :p:

Just started one on paint, white floor, stainless steel or black appliances, silver work tops, white fittings, playing with a purple table and walls, but not sure that works, going to try pale blue next and work from there :hmmmm:

edit: Ok problem solved, you're getting your modern kitchen :p: I like the 2nd design out of those two the most, so loosely based on that, added a bit of pale blue so it's not sterile, it's going to be quite a big kitchen so you have a proper clean working space, but the far end is going to be a little more quirky, a gradual transition from the splendor of the rest of the house to the cleanliness of your kitchen...the best part is the positioning, can't describe it but I think you'll approve :p:

In fact I think I'm going to alter all your living spaces to be a bit like that...

Actually pale green with a bit of pale pink possibly would give it an oriental feel which would be great :hmmmm: which do you prefer?
    As long as the transition is slowly gradual and still blends in perfectly then i'll be happy. :giggle:

A clean kitchen can still have character Jen. :o: I like to see where the dirt or smudges are and make them shine. I'm at peace when everything is clean and pure - at times in my Kitchen I like to brush my hand against the surfaces and sigh while smiling. :giggle:

If by living spaces you mean bedroom, then I enjoy pastel colours in my room - light ones. Definitely not pale pink. :o: You can have one of our living rooms as a pale pink room if you wish... i'd hardly be in there. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    my dad drove from london to leeds and back in one day. that was so long and boring
    Hello Anna.

Really? My friend once drove me to the Leeds festival a few years ago and drove me back again and we had a fantastic time. Throwing peanuts into her mouth, singing songs, talking about anything and everything. :o: Oh, and towards the last hour I read to her a few chapters from 'Charlotte's Web' and she began to cry so I stopped. :o: Far too sensitive.

How was your day Anna? Are you well?

ReputationRep:
    Hello Anna.

Really? My friend once drove me to the Leeds festival a few years ago and drove me back again and we had a fantastic time. Throwing peanuts into her mouth, singing songs, talking about anything and everything. :o: Oh, and towards the last hour I read to her a few chapters from 'Charlotte's Web' and she began to cry so I stopped. :o: Far too sensitive.

How was your day Anna? Are you well?
    i'm alright. i woke up at 10, but couldnt be bothered to get out of bed, fell asleep and woke up again at 5, so havent done much today, i wanted to go shopping. been watching some of the olympics though,a dn i really want to go snowboarding now.
    how was your day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    i'm alright. i woke up at 10, but couldnt be bothered to get out of bed, fell asleep and woke up again at 5, so havent done much today, i wanted to go shopping. been watching some of the olympics though,a dn i really want to go snowboarding now.
    how was your day?
    :giggle: Whenever I watch the winter olympics it makes me want to snowboard. I'm an easily inspired person which I guess makes me somewhat fickle. :o:

What a calm day. Sounds like me in year 12 where i'd miss school due to lack of sleep, wake up at 2pm and read some novels. :giggle:

Mine ws fairly relaxed as well. I had a late chinese new year dinner with my cousins which was rather pleasant. Gathering together as a mass chinese family always makes me too relaxed. :o: Oh that reminds me, I need to buy a new scarf. I left mine on the bus on the way home. It was a rather nice scarf...

ReputationRep:
    being in a bobsled looks fun :yes:

bedtime

ReputationRep:
    Me too :goodnight:

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    :giggle: Whenever I watch the winter olympics it makes me want to snowboard. I'm an easily inspired person which I guess makes me somewhat fickle. :o:

What a calm day. Sounds like me in year 12 where i'd miss school due to lack of sleep, wake up at 2pm and read some novels. :giggle:

Mine ws fairly relaxed as well. I had a late chinese new year dinner with my cousins which was rather pleasant. Gathering together as a mass chinese family always makes me too relaxed. :o: Oh that reminds me, I need to buy a new scarf. I left mine on the bus on the way home. It was a rather nice scarf...
    What did you eat? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glass123)
    What did you eat? :teeth:
    So much. :giggle: They kept bringing more. I thought the starter was the main meal. :giggle:

Starter - Roast pork
    - Fried Dumplings, fried crab cake, spicy shredded chicken leg, squid.

Main Meal - Assorted vegetable stir fry
    - Noor May Faan. That's what it sounds like. :mmm: Basically, sticky rice. :giggle:
    - Fried beef
    - Some mushroom stir fry

And traditional chinese birthday cake. (fruit toppings. Yum! :cute:)

ReputationRep:
    So much. :giggle: They kept bringing more. I thought the starter was the main meal. :giggle:

Starter - Roast pork
    - Fried Dumplings, fried crab cake, spicy shredded chicken leg, squid.

Main Meal - Assorted vegetable stir fry
    - Noor May Faan. That's what it sounds like. :mmm: Basically, sticky rice. :giggle:
    - Fried beef
    - Some mushroom stir fry

And traditional chinese birthday cake. (fruit toppings. Yum! :cute:)

Oooh! Sounds delicious. I had the creamy fruit cake for Chinese new year too! Yum! I also ate crab! Wait... you had crab cake? What's that? Is it like small and round, yellow on the outside and white inside and you dip it in chilli sauce or vinegar? If so that's my favourite dim sum dish! Yum!:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glass123)
    Oooh! Sounds delicious. I had the creamy fruit cake for Chinese new year too! Yum! I also ate crab! Wait... you had crab cake? What's that? Is it like small and round, yellow on the outside and white inside and you dip it in chilli sauce or vinegar? If so that's my favourite dim sum dish! Yum!:coma:
    Oh! I know what you're talking about.

I love it too. :love:But no, these were round dumplings which were fried as well.

ReputationRep:
    Oh! I know what you're talking about.

I love it too. :love:But no, these were round dumplings which were fried as well.
    No, not those, I haven't eaten them for at least 5 years. I dislike them because at one point my grandmother made them everyday for a few months. Got sick of them. I might like them now though I was talking about this!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.