The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5180
Now I'm hungry.
Good evening. :smile:

I just arrived home from the Tate Modern. It was - as always - a very interesting and fun visit. :h: This time I went with an architect student instead of a literature student and it was slightly more enjoyable.

There's an exhibit called 'No Ghost Just a Shell' going on until the end of May. It questioned the nature of art and images, identity and existence through the character Ann Lee. There were various 3D animations going on and some truly brilliant paintings in the exhibit.

:yes: Needless to say, I liked this exhibit the most.

The Unilever Series this time round produced a building - simple in design, like a big crate with one side open - in which there was no light present. Inside it was almost pitch black if not for the dim reflection of light from the open wall. The implication and symbolism of this piece was linked to Plato's allegory of the cave and the nature of life. :yes:
Glass123
Dim sum in the morning! Thats absurd! XD

I did it in Hong Kong... :o:

What's wrong with dim sum in the morning?
Reply 5183
Kagutsuchi
Oh I see - about the pink. :giggle: I'm sure the cherry tree will look lovely and on a pastel green tea tone it will certainly look beautiful.

Debatable. :giggle: Vanity must come in a manageable amount - you can certainly be too vain wherein you care for your appearance over your health...

:smile: Good good :p:

And yes I suppose there is a line :yep: but if it's possible I'd like to be beautiful...or be somewhere beautiful when I die :hmmmm: it's just probably best if doing so isn't the cause of my demise :p:
skipp
:smile: Good good :p:

And yes I suppose there is a line :yep: but if it's possible I'd like to be beautiful...or be somewhere beautiful when I die :hmmmm: it's just probably best if doing so isn't the cause of my demise :p:

Oh of course, I would too. :tongue: But most people are beautiful as long as they take care of themselves properly - eat properly, plenty of exercise. Be intelligent and kind. :yes:

Could I see the kitchen designs which kept you up so late? :hugs: How was your day?
Reply 5185
Glass123
You're right, we should talk about shoes. I want a pair of timberlands:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270529047261&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:1123

It says they're a size UK 3 and a EU 35, that doesn't make sense :mad:
*sighs oh well

:pierre:eww

you're a size 3 :lolwut:
Reply 5186
Kagutsuchi

I just arrived home from the Tate Modern. It was - as always - a very interesting and fun visit. :h: This time I went with an architect student instead of a literature student and it was slightly more enjoyable.

There's an exhibit called 'No Ghost Just a Shell' going on until the end of May. It questioned the nature of art and images, identity and existence through the character Ann Lee. There were various 3D animations going on and some truly brilliant paintings in the exhibit.

The Unilever Series this time round produced a building - simple in design, like a big crate with one side open - in which there was no light present. Inside it was almost pitch black if not for the dim reflection of light from the open wall. The implication and symbolism of this piece was linked to Plato's allegory of the cave and the nature of life. :yes:

oooh Ive seen that :yep: It was really quiet that day and there was barely anyone in that exibit and I sat on the floor for a while watching it :proud:
Reply 5187
Glass123
You're right, we should talk about shoes. I want a pair of timberlands:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270529047261&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:1123

It says they're a size UK 3 and a EU 35, that doesn't make sense :mad:
*sighs oh well

Yes it does :giggle: Although I thought I was a UK 3-3.5 and a US 35-36 :hmmmm: maybe Europe and US have the same sizing?
I now realise I haven't even looked at the shoes :p: how rude of me...
edit: They look like good comfy boots :yep: nice choice
Reply 5188
im so hungry :cry2:
skipp
I don't mean the one in yo9ur house where he's chained up :giggle: but I'm sure he'd cook for you if you asked nicely...

I'd cook for you too but not sure it would of Kag's standard :sad:

:hugs: how are you today vin-kin?

Now now, i'm sure you cook lovely enough. :hugs: Even if it's bad i'll be too nice to say anything and eat it with a smile. My standards in terms of food are pretty low anyway - just make it with love.
skipp
Yes it does :giggle: Although I thought I was a UK 3-3.5 and a US 35-36 :hmmmm: maybe Europe and US have the same sizing?

i thought normally 36 was 3, 37 was 4 etc
and you have small feet, are you short?
vin

What's wrong with them?

My sister's size 3 and a half. Vin, have you never been near a small oriental woman?

vin
oooh Ive seen that :yep: It was really quiet that day and there was barely anyone in that exibit and I sat on the floor for a while watching it :proud:

Oh? Was this when you were in London a while back? I had no idea you went to the Tate.

Did you also see the black box? I'm not quite sure when it was erected... i'm talking about the Unilever series. Or were you there when the previous one - the crack in the floor - was showing? I went to that one as well but it wasn't as exciting as the box.
Reply 5192
vin

:biggrin: I think they're cool :cool: Nicer than other waterproof hiking boots I've seen

:ahee: Yeah I'm a size 3, it means I can get junior shoes which are cheaper booyah :teehee:
Reply 5193
Kagutsuchi
Oh of course, I would too. :tongue: But most people are beautiful as long as they take care of themselves properly - eat properly, plenty of exercise. Be intelligent and kind. :yes:

Could I see the kitchen designs which kept you up so late? :hugs: How was your day?

I will upload it all at some point, but the scanner's still broken, and I have once again lost my camera charger :facepalm: I have 2, how can I not find one?

Kagutsuchi

:eek: that's amazing...I want to go :puppyeyes:

I visited the Tate Liverpool on my way to Aber...which was pretty good

This: http://www.tate.org.uk/liverpool/exhibitions/joyousmachines/default.shtm

was on, has to be one of my favourite exhibitions ever...not as pretty as what you saw...but automaton fascinate me... :love: I have a copy of the exhibition book signed by Landy...

Kagutsuchi
Now now, i'm sure you cook lovely enough. :hugs: Even if it's bad i'll be too nice to say anything and eat it with a smile. My standards in terms of food are pretty low anyway - just make it with love.

Your support is overwhelming :indiff: but I like cooking :p: so all's good
Small feet are just :sexface:
Reply 5195
skipp

Hang on that make sense? :ahee: I thought :
UK 3 = EU 35.5 = US 3.5
UK 2.5 = EU 35 = US 3

Please prove me wrong, I'll take any excuse to buy these boots :sogood:
Reply 5196
Annaconda
i thought normally 36 was 3, 37 was 4 etc
and you have small feet, are you short?

No I'm average height, but I've got small feet on both side of the family...so mine are tiny :giggle: I'm roughly a 3.5 and roughly a 36, they're all about the same :hmmmm:
Reply 5197
Glass123
Hang on that make sense? :ahee: I thought :
UK 3 = EU 35.5 = US 3.5
UK 2.5 = EU 35 = US 3

Please prove me wrong, I'll take any excuse to buy these boots :sogood:

Oh wait...you've almost got it:

http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html
Reply 5198
Kagutsuchi
What's wrong with them?

My sister's size 3 and a half. Vin, have you never been near a small oriental woman?

Oh? Was this when you were in London a while back? I had no idea you went to the Tate.

Did you also see the black box? I'm not quite sure when it was erected... i'm talking about the Unilever series. Or were you there when the previous one - the crack in the floor - was showing? I went to that one as well but it wasn't as exciting as the box.

Im not keen on those :no:

no I havnt :indiff:

oh wait the woman at a takeaway I used to go to was behind a counter so I couldnt see her feet :eyebrow:

yes that was when I was there over the summer :yes:

black box?:confused: crack in the floor?:s: I didnt see any of those, or were they in an area you had to pay to get into :sad:
Speaking of Art, there's an interesting exhibit here at my uni's gallery :smile: There's this sort of ... City scape thing on the wall. A weird boat type thing (both made out of cardboard) ... and this strange thing made of sticks that you walk through XD

Latest