Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! watch

Announcements
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Back, finally. The expo was great, as was the rest of my long weekend/short week away.

I said before leaving that I'd buy mainly anime and manga, as they provide more entertainment than figurines and look just as impressive on my shelves. I stuck to that for the most part, no anime though as the only decently priced box sets were region 1. But for anyone interested, here's my mountain of manga:

Spoiler:
    Show

That's two vols of Maria+Holic (new series), two of Yotsuba&! (my first since ADV went bust ages ago), two of Sgt. Frog, and one each of Ikkitousen/Battle Vixens, Spiral, Tsubasa (the wrong volume, I'm missing 19 :o:) and Spice & Wolf (the graphic novel, not the manga). With regards to the cover of Spice & Wolf, yes I did say that I liked Yen Press' realistic sideboob Horo, but I wasn't going to say no to a version with the original art as a dust cover. At least now I have the option of either. :yes:

I also got a new hat:

Spoiler:
    Show

Not a great photo I realize, but check out my epic bubblebath collection in the background. :p:

So, does the hat make me an official fanboy?

An obligatory plushie:

Spoiler:
    Show

Konoka (left) is the new one, I bought Asuna in the 2008 expo and thought she'd appreciate the company. Both are from Negima!

And finally, the figurines:

Spoiler:
    Show

Anise from the forgettable RPG anime Tales of the Abyss. A pretty random purchase, but it was cheap and I liked her character.

The most expensive, risque and (IMO) greatest purchase? I wouldn't have bought her if Katana100 hadn't agreed to buy another figurine from the same series:

Spoiler:
    Show

Melona from Queen's Blade. :proud: Image slightly edited to comply with TSR rules, because arranging her in a worksafe position was virtually impossible.

I have no idea how much I spent, but I do know how much I didn't spend. I'm not worried so long as I have a sensible amount left in my bank account. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Because he's Plushenko and he's amazing.

Seriously, it's partly because they practise and have technique and partly because they're good at acting. In the film "ice princess" a lot of them are skaters and not actors, but because skating is about acting they're good in the film. Skaters skate with injuries and don't show it - once Christopher Dean had to go to hospital immediately after a competition (I forgot when) but still managed to win a medal.

So yeah, Plushenko and others might be feeling sick or dizzy afterwards but good skating is about not showing it.
    Ice skaters are pretty damn amazing and cool.

Wish I was good at something too. :o: Procrastination doesn't count.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Bubble bath collection :indiff:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Ice skaters are pretty damn amazing and cool.

Wish I was good at something too. :o: Procrastination doesn't count.
    I used to be good at kayaking:blush:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Back, finally. The expo was great, as was the rest of my long weekend/short week away.

I said before leaving that I'd buy mainly anime and manga, as they provide more entertainment than figurines and look just as impressive on my shelves. I stuck to that for the most part, no anime though as the only decently priced box sets were region 1. But for anyone interested, here's my mountain of manga:

Spoiler:
    Show

That's two vols of Maria+Holic (new series), two of Yotsuba&! (my first since ADV went bust ages ago), two of Sgt. Frog, and one each of Ikkitousen/Battle Vixens, Spiral, Tsubasa (the wrong volume, I'm missing 19 :o:) and Spice & Wolf (the graphic novel, not the manga). With regards to the cover of Spice & Wolf, yes I did say that I liked Yen Press' realistic sideboob Horo, but I wasn't going to say no to a version with the original art as a dust cover. At least now I have the option of either. :yes:

I also got a new hat:

Spoiler:
    Show

Not a great photo I realize, but check out my epic bubblebath collection in the background. :p:

An obligatory plushie:

Spoiler:
    Show

Konoka (left) is the new one, I bought Asuna in the 2008 expo and thought she'd appreciate the company. Both are from Negima!

Spoiler:
    Show

Anise from the forgettable RPG anime Tales of the Abyss. A pretty random purchase, but it was cheap and I liked her character.

The most expensive, risque and (IMO) greatest purchase? I wouldn't have bought her if Katana100 hadn't agreed to buy another figurine from the same series:

Spoiler:
    Show

Melona from Queen's Blade. :proud: Image slightly edited to comply with TSR rules, because arranging her in a worksafe position was virtually impossible.

I have no idea how much I spent, but I do know how much I didn't spend. I'm not worried so long as I have a sensible amount left in my bank account. :p:
    Wow AJ Nice hat :awesome:

I might have gone to MCM expo, but Keele anisoc couldn't get any transport

Nice figurines, especially AJ you perv :five: Katana too :mmm:

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

I also got a new hat:

Spoiler:
    Show

An obligatory plushie:

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

booooooring:no:

someone likes one piece:hahaha:

ReputationRep:

I also got a new hat:

Spoiler:
    Show

Not a great photo I realize, but check out my epic bubblebath collection in the background.

Welcome back AJ. Sounds like you had a great time. Very nice hat and yes that does make you a fanboy!

Oh hope you don't mind me drawing on your picture but I thought I had to ask about this...
    Spoiler:
    Show

Dare I even ask...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Welcome back AJ. Sounds like you had a great time. Very nice hat and yes that does make you a fanboy!

Oh hope you don't mind me drawing on your picture but I thought I had to ask about this...
    Spoiler:
    Show

Dare I even ask...?
    :indiff:

AJ :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I used to be good at kayaking
    I used to do rowing. That was quite fun. Although ever since that time... I was rowing in a single and I capsised.... I don't like it. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)

Spoiler:
    Show

Dare I even ask...?
    good eye:rofl:

I did wonder about that stuff behind:erm: but I assumed it to be his sisters room because she had a mirror:dontknow:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Keoje)
    I used to do rowing. That was quite fun. Although ever since that time... I was rowing in a single and I capsised.... I don't like it. :emo:
    i hate rowers

ReputationRep:
    I think I might be feeling wierd I have not been postinf properly... at all!
    :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atherilia)
    I think I might be feeling wierd I have not been postinf properly... at all!
    :sadnod:
    is that avatar from macross frontier ath?:teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    is that avatar from macross frontier ath?:teeth:
    Yer :smug:

ReputationRep:
    Alto-hime! :drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atherilia)
    Yer :smug:
    Alto

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah I remember that I actually hate him for being so pretty :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    :sleep:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Thanks whoever repped me.
    :itsme:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    :adore:

You got the name wrong. :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.