Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGX_RSV2)

:teehee:
    Hi IGX :hi:

So true :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Fantastic. The Piano is my favourite musical instrument. I've only learnt on a practical basis so far but i'm looking to incorporate the theory of it in the coming months.

Look at this.

Yes, i've heard about grade skipping which is what I want to do, but i've never heard of ungraded theory grade skipping. I'll ask some of my friends another day.
    Thanks for link. The exam dates aren't too shabby either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Thanks for link. The exam dates aren't too shabby either.
    Oh! I just looked at it myself. I could take the exam on the 14th of June and go to China 2 days later. :giggle: Fantastic.

Out of curiosity, how are you going to go about learning Piano?

ReputationRep:
    Oh! I just looked at it myself. I could take the exam on the 14th of June and go to China 2 days later. Fantastic.

Out of curiosity, how are you going to go about learning Piano?
    Internet, Youtube, Books.

It's been done before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Internet, Youtube, Books.

It's been done before.
    Oh yes, that's my plan as well. It shouldn't be too hard - my little brother is doing grade 2 at the moment and his pieces are simple.

Coincidentally, the featured video there - Canon in D - is the first piano piece I ever set off to learn. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Hello Hello

Slightly thankful there was a teacher training day today but sadly it does nothing about the fact I'm back in school tomorrow

Well how be everyone

ReputationRep:
    :moo:

The person in charge didnt show up to monday animu so I took over:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, that's my plan as well. It shouldn't be too hard - my little brother is doing grade 2 at the moment and his pieces are simple.

Coincidentally, the featured video there - Canon in D - is the first piano piece I ever set off to learn.
    I like Chopin Nocturne Op.9 No.2 :awesome:

Hi JWH. I am okay

Vin. You killed them all and now back? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I tried to teach myself the piano though but I found I had cursed myself by learning to play the saxophone first resulting in me not being able not to end up on concentrating on one hand at a time. On the saxophone your hands work together to make the notes and their right in front of you so it's easy and you don't have to worry about chords or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    I like Chopin Nocturne Op.9 No.2 :awesome:

Hi JWH. I am okay

Vin. You killed them all and now back? :lolwut:
    I prefer Moonlight Sonata myself. When played properly it invokes such emotion. :love:

(Original post by JWH)
    I tried to teach myself the piano though but I found I had cursed myself by learning to play the saxophone first resulting in me not being able not to end up on concentrating on one hand at a time. On the saxophone your hands work together to make the notes and their right in front of you so it's easy and you don't have to worry about chords or anything.
    Oh, i'm sorry to hear. I like to zone out and let my fingers just do the work for me... it's quite strange but that's how it works for me. :o:

I've always wanted to learn saxophone. That's on my list after piano and violin.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, i'm sorry to hear. I like to zone out and let my fingers just do the work for me... it's quite strange but that's how it works for me. :o:

I've always wanted to learn saxophone. That's on my list after piano and violin.
    Saxophone is a fun to play but you are only ever good at playing once you have learnt to play Bakers Street which I can :proud: ..... well could I haven't played it in over a year. I didn't like the new saxophone teacher in my school so in the end I got fed up and stopped playing which sadly also ment I had to give the sax back seeing as it was the schools . I was actually a bit sad about that it was a good instrument though it was a bit old and leaked spit if you ever played it for too long :ninja:

I played the violin for a bit before I learnt how to play the sax. It's pretty eays to play if your good at judging length. There are no markers to tell youthe right spots for the notes so a lot of people to begin with just put tape down to remind them :giggle:

I did have a go at playing the guitar before which was surpisingly simple. It took me about 5 minutes to learn a fair sized part one of the songs my friend was playing for his music exam :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    One day...

^ Self taught 2 months. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    One day...

^ Self taught 2 months. :awesome:
    The first one is epic and impressive at the same time that looks really hard to play.

ReputationRep:

Sorry for whoring music stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)

Sorry for whoring music stuff!
    Don't be sorry. :tongue:

Beautiful.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    :love:

ReputationRep:

Oh yes... :love: So sad... so beautiful...

ReputationRep:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.