The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6160

No idea but it sounds great.

Nodame Cantible :love:

The first 2-3 minutes of this sounds so epic. After that ..not so epic.
Reply 6162
I'll stop here. :p: Those were all the links I had on my bookmarks. :smile:
Reply 6163
JWH
Saxophone is a fun to play but you are only ever good at playing once you have learnt to play Bakers Street which I can :proud: ..... well could I haven't played it in over a year. I didn't like the new saxophone teacher in my school so in the end I got fed up and stopped playing which sadly also ment I had to give the sax back seeing as it was the schools :frown: . I was actually a bit sad about that it was a good instrument though it was a bit old and leaked spit if you ever played it for too long :ninja:

I played the violin for a bit before I learnt how to play the sax. It's pretty eays to play if your good at judging length. There are no markers to tell youthe right spots for the notes so a lot of people to begin with just put tape down to remind them :giggle:

I did have a go at playing the guitar before which was surpisingly simple. It took me about 5 minutes to learn a fair sized part one of the songs my friend was playing for his music exam :lolwut:

I play the sax (alto) :biggrin: although like you I haven't played it in a while, I really want to play the violin, but it would be expensive to take up another instrument :giggle: people put tape on their sax's? :hmmmm:
Reply 6164
skipp
I play the sax (alto) :biggrin: although like you I haven't played it in a while, I really want to play the violin, but it would be expensive to take up another instrument people put tape on their sax's?

Cheap as chips. Well a few bags anyway. I was looking for one for my cosplay but it was either red or gold. :cry:
Reply 6165
Keoje
Cheap as chips. Well a few bags anyway. I was looking for one for my cosplay but it was either red or gold. :cry:

£60 is a huge chunk of my savings :s-smilie: but £5.19? :teeth: surely it can't go for that?
Reply 6166
skipp
£60 is a huge chunk of my savings :s-smilie: but £5.19? surely it can't go for that?

Well there's p&p to consider...but well...

[edit] Ok I just refreshed. Who bidded with £20?
Reply 6167
Keoje

Ugh what an ass...I may have been tempted at ~£5.69 :grumble:
Reply 6168
skipp
I play the sax (alto) :biggrin: although like you I haven't played it in a while, I really want to play the violin, but it would be expensive to take up another instrument :giggle: people put tape on their sax's? :hmmmm:

I ment the voilin :giggle: though I did have tape on my saxophone but that was to cover up the places it leaked :frown: ah the brilliance of the school saxophones, still sounded good though :grin: . I play/ed the alto as well the other ones were too big for me and the smaller ones looked weird.

I wouldn't mind learning the guitar myself like I said I have had a go of it before and I think I could get thehang of it pretty quickly if I could get guitar books that used notes instead of tab. I have no understanding of how tab works at all :frown:
Reply 6169
I want this for my cosplay. I don't know how to make it look like metal tho. :frown:
Reply 6170
Keoje

That is still strangely cheap :lolwut: though I was looking at the saxophones from the same seller and their about £150 at the cheapest so I am guessing that violins price is going to go up by quiet a bit speically seeing as it's a gold one which I haven't seen before.
Reply 6171
JWH
That is still strangely cheap though I was looking at the saxophones from the same seller and their about £150 at the cheapest so I am guessing that violins price is going to go up by quiet a bit speically seeing as it's a gold one which I haven't seen before.

Yeah it is quite cheap. :p: I'm planning on buying a digital piano and I need to fork out ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ for a semi-decent one. Price tag will remain a secret. :p:
Reply 6172
JWH
I ment the voilin :giggle: though I did have tape on my saxophone but that was to cover up the places it leaked :frown: ah the brilliance of the school saxophones, still sounded good though :grin: . I play/ed the alto as well the other ones were too big for me and the smaller ones looked weird.

I wouldn't mind learning the guitar myself like I said I have had a go of it before and I think I could get thehang of it pretty quickly if I could get guitar books that used notes instead of tab. I have no understanding of how tab works at all :frown:

Ah that makes more sense :p: and yes the tenors were huge :s-smilie: plus alto's got the better parts in band :h: band, a chance for music teachers to have an hour each week feeling like gods :rolleyes:
There are guitar books that don't use tabs, but very often they'll be piano/guitar books, and not be particularly interesting. Tabs are easy to understand once you get them...on a basic level they just display the music as it would be on a guitar, but you'd have to learn what all the x's etc. meant :giggle:
Reply 6173
Keoje
I want this for my cosplay. I don't know how to make it look like metal tho. :frown:

I guessed Hibari just after seeing the tonfa :giggle: well if you want to make them look like the ones in that pic ou could try wrapping in that silver card you can get. If you use multiple pieces you could even get the retractable look with them. You could also try painting them but I don't think that would work good on foam.
Reply 6174
JWH
That is still strangely cheap :lolwut: though I was looking at the saxophones from the same seller and their about £150 at the cheapest so I am guessing that violins price is going to go up by quiet a bit speically seeing as it's a gold one which I haven't seen before.

Instruments are very expensive :sad: except the record and the ocarina...but I have one of each, currently looking for a new wooden treble recorder :yep:
Reply 6175
JWH
I guessed Hibari just after seeing the tonfa well if you want to make them look like the ones in that pic ou could try wrapping in that silver card you can get. If you use multiple pieces you could even get the retractable look with them. You could also try painting them but I don't think that would work good on foam.

Hmm sounds like an idea. I could always eat a...couple..kitkats and use the silver foil :gah: :teehee:

skipp
Instruments are very expensive except the record and the ocarina...but I have one of each, currently looking for a new wooden treble recorder

I bought an ocarina online a few years back. Zelda style. They sent me two by accident. I never told em. BARGAIN. :awesome:
Reply 6176
Keoje
Yeah it is quite cheap. :p: I'm planning on buying a digital piano and I need to fork out ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ for a semi-decent one. Price tag will remain a secret. :p:

I once saw a electric violin which quiet frankly sounded awesome though later in the day I saw it get broke as someone knocked it off the side of a amp while it was in it's case. It would have been fine but we were on a stage so the violin had a 3 meter drop onto a set of stairs which resulted in it being broke in half :frown: I don't want to think how much it cost.
Reply 6177
Keoje
Hmm sounds like an idea. I could always eat a...couple..kitkats and use the silver foil :gah: :teehee:

I bought an ocarina online a few years back. Zelda style. They sent me two by accident. I never told em. BARGAIN. :awesome:

:giggle: kitkats :coma:

I was once sent two lots of some art stuff I ordered which after some emails made them think I had only been sent one :evil:
Reply 6178
JWH
I once saw a electric violin which quiet frankly sounded awesome though later in the day I saw it get broke as someone knocked it off the side of a amp while it was in it's case. It would have been fine but we were on a stage so the violin had a 3 meter drop onto a set of stairs which resulted in it being broke in half :frown: I don't want to think how much it cost.

:coma: whoever owned that must have been pissed...as you said I don't think I can imagine how much that cost :afraid:
Wouldn't an electric violin be awesome? I think that's my ultimate dream instrument :yep: I used to know I guy who had one and played it in a band...guitars are all very well and good...but step on to a stage with an electric violin...and you are god :awesome:
Reply 6179
Keoje

Awesome :awesome: mine's only a 4 hole so it's a flat circle rather than the shell shaped one from zelda :yep: you can almost play all the songs from there on it :yep: but there's a few notes missing :mmm:

Latest

Trending

Trending