Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! watch

Announcements
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by vin)
    good:proud: how's jenni:hugs:
    I'm good thanks vin :hugs: got loads of physics done :woo:

(Original post by eugenius 8)
    :eek:

skippy :hugs:
    How are you Eug? :hugs:

(Original post by Keoje)
    If I don't get lost or get shot in Nottingham. Sure
    :mmm:

Ok then, if you get back in one piece you can tell me all about it :yep:

(Original post by Juno)
    :huff:
    Huffy faces aren't much better than sad ones :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Damn I'm getting sick of seeing my own signature but I don't want to change it. :emo:
    :hahaha:

only a little more
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by skipp)
    I'm good thanks vin :hugs: got loads of physics done :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! How's everything going? I finally got my FP2 and 3 book I shall finish D1 by the end of the week and soon start FP1 and then 2 :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)

quite sleepy :yawn: you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    hey Choud :borat:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    Hi everyone! How's everything going? I finally got my FP2 and 3 book I shall finish D1 by the end of the week and soon start FP1 and then 2 :o:
    Awesome :hugs: remember to do D1 papers at regular intervals :yep:

Hope you're doing FP3 next year :giggle: otherwise I will be throwing you in the asylum :p: but it's a good module, wish I'd gotten to take the exam :emo: if you're on MEI (and possibly the other boards) FP2 and FP3 both have optional chapters, so you can look into what choices you have :yep:

quite sleepy :yawn: you?
    Physicsy :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)

:awesome:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    :awesome:
    I finally understand Flemming's Left Hand Rule :mmm: I don't see why it's got a formal name...it's just like pissing around in pre-GCSE science lessons and making comics and mnomics for stuff that don't actually make sense :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Awesome :hugs: remember to do D1 papers at regular intervals :yep:

Hope you're doing FP3 next year :giggle: otherwise I will be throwing you in the asylum :p: but it's a good module, wish I'd gotten to take the exam :emo: if you're on MEI (and possibly the other boards) FP2 and FP3 both have optional chapters, so you can look into what choices you have :yep:

I'm aiming to do all 21 modules for Maths, 9 or 12 on OCR and the rest on MEI. FP2 seriously looks really interesting now. Well all maths that involves complex numbers, trig not involving proofs, or calculus are the topics I find interesting. I hate vectors and similar stuff.

(Original post by skipp)
    I finally understand Flemming's Left Hand Rule :mmm: I don't see why it's got a formal name...it's just like pissing around in pre-GCSE science lessons and making comics and mnomics for stuff that don't actually make sense :confused:
    His rule makes no sense to me as it seems like a load of rubbish. I find it easier to learn the directions and stuff as written in the book instead of using the rule and I'm left handed :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    lol i remember that rule, didnt know what my teacher was on about :nah:

ReputationRep:
    I want to be a superhero. :awesome:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm aiming to do all 21 modules for Maths, 9 or 12 on OCR and the rest on MEI. FP2 seriously looks really interesting now. Well all maths that involves complex numbers, trig not involving proofs, or calculus are the topics I find interesting. I hate vectors and similar stuff.
    Ah 21...you went down as a hero in my school's math department for doing that :p: so it's probably good you're getting so much done now...provided you don't burn out, will it be 9 you'll have by the end of this year?

Also never knew you could mix normal OCR with MEI, but I suppose there's the modules only available on MEI, and it's still the same exam board so it doesn't matter?

And FP2 is very interesting :yep: I wanted to redo it this year, but realised that I probably needed to spend the time on physics instead :giggle: Can't say vectors had a big enough effect on me to form an opinion one way or another...but I also liked things like complex numbers and trig :yep: algorithms I wasn't such a fan of :yawn: it was like hitting my brain with a blunt object....
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    His rule makes no sense to me as it seems like a load of rubbish. I find it easier to learn the directions and stuff as written in the book instead of using the rule and I'm left handed :rofl:
    lol i remember that rule, didnt know what my teacher was on about :nah:
    Exactly, I learnt it without the 'rule' before I realised what it was on about :giggle: this book just keeps going on about rubbish :facepalm: thank goodness for the internet :yep:
    Plus you could never use it in the exam, because waving your hands about counts as attempted cheating, if you wanted to use that sort of thing in real life surely you'd make something up for yourself? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Guess no one likes the idea of Keo being a superhero. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Guess no one likes the idea of Keo being a superhero. :emo:
    Keofail :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Ah 21...you went down as a hero in my school's math department for doing that :p: so it's probably good you're getting so much done now...provided you don't burn out, will it be 9 you'll have by the end of this year?

Also never knew you could mix normal OCR with MEI, but I suppose there's the modules only available on MEI, and it's still the same exam board so it doesn't matter?

And FP2 is very interesting :yep: I wanted to redo it this year, but realised that I probably needed to spend the time on physics instead :giggle: Can't say vectors had a big enough effect on me to form an opinion one way or another...but I also liked things like complex numbers and trig :yep: algorithms I wasn't such a fan of :yawn: it was like hitting my brain with a blunt object....
    I'm actually not sure how it works either, I think I might have to do my 9 on OCR now and then do 3 for OCR at college and cash in all my grades and then start FAM on MEI as that is the board supported by my college, though I'm not even sure if it is possible to do that. I actually hate algorithms as well soo booooring, How is physics at a level? Is it a lot of Mechanics stuff that comes in M1/2/3??

ReputationRep:
    Fighting evil by moonlight,
    Winning love by daylight,
    Never running from a real fight,
    He is the one named Super Keo.

He will never turn his back on a friends,
    He is always there to defend,
    He is the one on whom we can depend,
    He is the one named Keo..

Super Keo!

With secret powers all so new to him,
    He is the one named Super Keo.

Fighting evil by moonlight,
    Winning love by daylight,
    He is the one named Super Keo,
    He is the one named Super Keo
    He is the one
    Super Keo
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm actually not sure how it works either, I think I might have to do my 9 on OCR now and then do 3 for OCR at college and cash in all my grades and then start FAM on MEI as that is the board supported by my college, though I'm not even sure if it is possible to do that. I actually hate algorithms as well soo booooring, How is physics at a level? Is it a lot of Mechanics stuff that comes in M1/2/3??
    You might want to check that out then :giggle: so long as you do each individual qualification on the same sub-board hopefully there shouldn't be issues...but my school and the ones people from my STEP club went to all did MEI...so there wasn't this issue...

Well I'm on OCR A for physics and there's a depressing lack of mechanics...the two shorter modules (1 at AS and one at A2) are both Mechanics based, but that leaves the two larger modules one of which is Electrons, Waves and Circuits (heavy on electric circuits) and the one I'm on now seems to have a lot about Magnetic fields...but I love physics so I don't mind studying the other stuff...even if I'm not wild about parts of it :yep:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.