Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)

Thanks JC :jumphug: also loving the pic :top:
    No problem Glad you like it
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by skipp)
    That's understandable, but if it's a job you love, (or in the current climate if it's a job :p:) it's worth it :yep: & hoping it's the former UGS:
    I work for an advertising and branding agency in NYC. It has an informal and creative environment, which I like. The team have also been really welcoming, so it's close to my definition of a perfect job. :smile:

Today wasn't the best, but there's always tomorrow
    Of course, remaining optimistic and having the willingness to continue forward regardless of the circumstance is important. :smile:

And on that note I need to the rabbits and head off to bed :yawn:
    Night, Jenni. :smile:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    C4D is really the easiest to use from all of the 3D software to use, but if you like me used it first, and then went to the other software, you would feel the limitations of it compared to lets say Max which is mind-blowing, especially when you look at what you can do with these software, and how few limitations there are, though in my first few uses of them, I found one limitation pretty fast :p:. I used to live in Manhattan, born there, lived in Midtown, near 32nd street on Lexington Avenue, if you might be familiar with that part, not too far from Times Square?
    Yes, it's more consumer friendly, which is what I want. It's also practical since it can run natively on Mac OS X, which I use.

I live in Chelsea, so downtown. I know Lex, near Gramercy Park, right? :smile: - Rare to find a native New Yorker posting on a British UK forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Quite, and blended too with anything else reasonably editable in his fridge.
    An argument with the checkout assistant?
    Takamura would be proud.
    Only thing that blenders should make are smoothies.
    No argument. :p: I'm trying to change
    If I fast tho...that means I've only had 1 1/2 fried eggs with rice today. :cool: well 1 meal.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Only thing that blenders should make are smoothies.
    An egg and beer smoothie. :tongue:

No argument. :p: I'm trying to change
    :giggle:

If I fast tho...that means I've only had 1 1/2 fried eggs with rice today. :cool: well 1 meal.
    A growing boy like you should have something more substantial than that. :sadnod:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Hello everyone. :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    Think I'll pass! I like berry smoothies (without beer or eggs)

I REMEMBERED SOMETHING! I had an orange and an apple too.

Hello AJ :hi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    What did you have? :smile:

I'm well, Vin-kin. I've thankfully managed to finish the work I've been assigned, so I have some free time until After Effects has exported everything.
    some stuff my sister made :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Hello everyone. :yawn:
    Hello, AJ. :smile: - I like the Maria Holic avatar. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Yes, it's more consumer friendly, which is what I want. It's also practical since it can run natively on Mac OS X, which I use.

I live in Chelsea, so downtown. I know Lex, near Gramercy Park, right? :smile: - Rare to find a native New Yorker posting on a British UK forum.
    Yeah, it is, but I do live in the UK right now so not too rare. Well, it was closer to Murray hill actually :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    some stuff my sister made :yes:
    Took a while to respond, Vin-kin. I'm disappointed. :sadnod:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Keoje)

Hello AJ :hi:
    Hello! :hi:

Orange + apple = win. :yes:

(Original post by Aiko)
    Hello, AJ. :smile: - I like the Maria Holic avatar. :giggle:
    Thanks. I picked up the first two volumes of the manga at the Telford anime expo, hence my renewed interest in the series. :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yeah, it is, but I do live in the UK right now so not too rare. Well, it was closer to Murray hill actually :p:
    What a coincidence; prior to my moving to NYC, I lived in London for seven years. I do miss my time there, but I'm happy here too. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Took a while to respond, Vin-kin. I'm disappointed. :sadnod:
    Ive been writing a report about finite element analysis on the driver worm of a hydraulic screw pump
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Trust Vin-kin to have such aesthetic taste. :smile:
    :proud:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Understandable. :tongue:

And here I thought you hadn't eaten properly. I'm honestly relieved. :smile:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    Ive been writing a report about finite element analysis on the driver worm of a hydraulic screw pump
    I see... :erm: - Pierce the heavens?

:proud:
    An expectancy, of course. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    What a coincidence; prior to my moving to NYC, I lived in London for seven years. I do miss my time there, but I'm happy here too. :smile:
    12 years there, 4 here for me, such a coincidence :p: though I do intend on going back home once I finish uni
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Thanks. I picked up the first two volumes of the manga at the Telford anime expo, hence my renewed interest in the series. :p:
    Admittedly, I can't say I was all that bowled over the manga myself, but I found Shaft's anime rendition reasonably amusing. I do like the choice of avatar, though. :smile:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Admittedly, I can't say I was all that bowled over the manga myself, but I found Shaft's anime rendition reasonably amusing. I do like the choice of avatar, though. :smile:
    Everything in the first volume was more or less the same as the first few eps of the anime, and I've yet to read the second volume. :yes:

What was it about the manga that didn't impress you, out of interest?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    12 years there, 4 here for me, such a coincidence :p: though I do intend on going back home once I finish uni
    I see. I'm intending to stay here for long-term. I'm originally from Japan myself and moved to London for university. I then chose to work upon graduation up until now, where I moved to NYC. :smile:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.