Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! watch

ReputationRep:
    I found more devil fruit. :ahee:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Everything in the first volume was more or less the same as the first few eps of the anime, and I've yet to read the second volume. :yes:

What was it about the manga that didn't impress you, out of interest?
    At the time, the humour simply didn't appeal (parody of yuri tropes) nor the characterisation. When the anime adaptation aired, I was arguably more receptive to the humour, but even then, it didn't appease in the way it probably should have done. :o:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Keoje)
    I found more devil fruit. :ahee:
    Samu Samu no Mi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    I see. I'm intending to stay here for long-term. I'm originally from Japan myself and moved to London for university. I then chose to work upon graduation up until now, where I moved to NYC. :smile:
    I wish to see Japan once in my life :yes: Life in New York is awsome, it's just amazing really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Samu Samu no Mi?
    I don't tell jokes :p:

I'm eating another appleorange :woo:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    I wish to see Japan once in my life :yes: Life in New York is awsome, it's just amazing really.
    The more time I spend in this city, the more I love it. It's truly one of the best cities in the world, in my opinion. :smile: - It was nice chatting with you, JChoudhry, but I have to resume my work now.

Chat soon everyone. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    The more time I spend in this city, the more I love it. It's truly one of the best cities in the world, in my opinion. :smile: - It was nice chatting with you, JChoudhry, but I have to resume my work now.

It really is the best, it was nice talking to you as well Aiko Have fun with your work now

ReputationRep:
    :ninja: :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)

:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Oh great. I was hungry. I decided to eat an appleorange and now I feel sick. How's that work!!! :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    If I throw an egg it'll break tho? That'll just cause a mess. :no: Don't think egg blended with beer will taste that nice. :puke:

I wish I had a personal chef. There's no one to cook my evening meals for me and I'm too lazy to cook I don't know how to cook.
    If you ever live/visit London I'd be happy to cater for you. In return you'll have to smile while chewing.

Egg and beer? Not quite that, but once in year 11 I attended a party in which I ended up chugging down blended egg, milk and vodka. The result was interesting. The pictures are hilarious.

(Original post by caraniel)
    Oh I can't stomach Guinness (although my GP inisted its good for me since its got plenty of iron in it :lolwut:), I drink Harp, Fosters or Carlsberg :awesome:
    Strange to have a doctor advocate the drinking of alcohol on nutritional benefits. Only in Ireland? :giggle:

--

Hello. I just finished yet another episode of Monster. I need more answers. More answers damn you! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    If you ever live/visit London I'd be happy to cater for you. In return you'll have to smile while chewing.

Egg and beer? Not quite that, but once in year 11 I attended a party in which I ended up chugging down blended egg, milk and vodka. The result was interesting. The pictures are hilarious.

I don't eat stir fry noodles.

How did your stomach like it?

Off to bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)

I don't eat stir fry noodles.

How did your stomach like it?

Off to bed.
    It was fine actually. I didn't throw up - rarely do when i'm drunk off my mind.

Amusingly, I also used my friend's powerful blender to make a chicken and vegetable stir fry smoothie with plenty of vodka. The result was very dangerous for others but queerly yummy for me.

edit: Goodnight Tony.

ReputationRep:
    I was just reading Hajime no Ippo again.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees what I see...

ReputationRep:
    I disappeared to go to Barcelona for a few days xD
    Got some new manga! Love Hina in what I thought was Spanish, but turned out to be Catalan. Should be fun to try and read. And Final Fantasy- Advent Children. : D

ReputationRep:

Open up and watch in 1080p glory :heart:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I was just reading Hajime no Ippo again.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees what I see...
    That depends entirely on what you're seeing :erm: but I have a feeling I know vaguely what you're getting at
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

Today's a fresh start

I wonder if this girl's a little somber, but I think I can relate today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)

Today's a fresh start

I wonder if this girl's a little somber, but I think I can relate today
    When I had my anime picture for each member of the anime society in my profile, this girl was actually Tru. :giggle:

Good morning Jen. I hope you're well? A lot of things planned for today I assume.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    When I had my anime picture for each member of the anime society in my profile, this girl was actually Tru. :giggle:

Good morning Jen. I hope you're well? A lot of things planned for today I assume.
    Really :giggle: trying to find a picture every day to suit our mood/the general mood of the day, so I suppose today's mood must be Hau au au? :hmmmm:

Feeling alright today, need to go and get some physics done in a second...yesterday's results have scared me into being a calm, sensible & productive person...we always react strangely to stress :s:

How are things with you? :hugs:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.