Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Wow that sounds amazing!

Keo I'm actually quite impressed, that you came up with this idea...even if you don't put it into practice

I'll happily help out...but for now got a hungry bunny to feed
    :woo:

Well I didn't really come up with the idea. :o: I read the thread and thought it had potential to be a good manga. Just have to deal with a few bits to the story to make it sound plausible due to a few problems arising. We haven't thought up of a solution as to how a homeless person can keep clean. :ahee: He's going to a smelly main character :teehee:

We got the food sorted out. :cool: I've also introduced a character. Oji-san. He's kinda like an uncle to our main character who will own some sort of food outlet. small one. his character will be kind and offer main char. some work in return for some leftovers/food.

All help is appreciated!

[edit] This is the thread. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I wanna be involved :woo: :woo: :woo: Can I?

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to mention that this will also be of the YAOI genre.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Keoje)
    :woo:

Well I didn't really come up with the idea. :o: I read the thread and thought it had potential to be a good manga. Just have to deal with a few bits to the story to make it sound plausible due to a few problems arising. We haven't thought up of a solution as to how a homeless person can keep clean. :ahee: He's going to a smelly main character :teehee:

We got the food sorted out. :cool: I've also introduced a character. Oji-san. He's kinda like an uncle to our main character who will own some sort of food outlet. small one. his character will be kind and offer main char. some work in return for some leftovers/food.

All help is appreciated!

[edit] This is the thread. :awesome:

Easy, it's a university right? So they'll have some form of sports or swimming team? And they'll have showers, so he can go wash in there in the mornings...plus great chances for ecchi fun :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    In that case I'm out Keo :p:

ReputationRep:
    :giggle: I used to gatecrash my friends lectures all the time. I went to quite a few sociology, women's studies, politics, modern history, social policy and geography lectures......depended who I was met on campus, all of my friends did different degrees :awesome: Didnt make it to any of my flatmates medic stuff though as I was never near their building...although I did go to nearly all their socials - to the point were people who didnt know me well asked why they never saw me at class :mmm:

ReputationRep:

Aye it's a University. I'll have to make up a name for this sometime too.

If we use your idea of a swimming pool - surely they will be someone watching the place.

JC, Cara

Euge's input: Gym usually has a reception. He also suggested jumping in from the roof somehow into the pool. But it'd be hard to get out.
    [edit] Euge has some really immature replies ...He wants main char to be called Roger dickweed. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    How about if he befriends someone who works at the gym and have them let him in the backdoor to use the showers? Of course you could have the boss be a suspicious sort which leads to plenty of near misses and elaborate cover-ups

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Just kidding. I'm taller than the groom.

Well being serious now. Euge linked me to a thread and I got inspired to make it into a manga. So now we're going to work on this manga. Apparently I do the dialogue and he draws the ecchi stuff. Only spent a brief amount of time discussing the details - which has proven quite hard !!! We could use another ThinkTank if anyone is interested. Nothing is final yet but basically it'll be comedy / slice of life genre.

Sypnosis
    A homeless boy who sneaks into university without any qualifications. He drops into many lectures in a number of subjects until one day he finds one that he is passionate about.

We're just doing it for fun. Re-reading it a bit through it does sound meh and lacks what's in my mind. :shifty: [edit] This sounds really uninteresting lol >_>

Aiming to produce Chapter 1 sometime in summer. Hopefully.
    ooh good luck :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    I wanna be involved :woo: :woo: :woo: Can I?
    (Original post by Keoje)
    I forgot to mention that this will also be of the YAOI genre.
    :rofl:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    :giggle: I used to gatecrash my friends lectures all the time. I went to quite a few sociology, women's studies, politics, modern history, social policy and geography lectures......depended who I was met on campus, all of my friends did different degrees :awesome: Didnt make it to any of my flatmates medic stuff though as I was never near their building...although I did go to nearly all their socials - to the point were people who didnt know me well asked why they never saw me at class :mmm:
    :laugh:

Ive thought about walking into random lectures:beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    How about if he befriends someone who works at the gym and have them let him in the backdoor to use the showers? Of course you could have the boss be a suspicious sort which leads to plenty of near misses and elaborate cover-ups
    :beard:
    Thanks Vin
    I could use this. :awesome:
    I need more ideas. :ahee:
    PS I'm stealing parts from what you guys type now on. :mmm: I already have a bit for dialogue for a random student.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Keoje)

Aye it's a University. I'll have to make up a name for this sometime too.

If we use your idea of a swimming pool - surely they will be someone watching the place.

JC, Cara

Euge's input: Gym usually has a reception. He also suggested jumping in from the roof somehow into the pool. But it'd be hard to get out.
    [edit] Euge has some really immature replies ...He wants main char to be called Roger dickweed. :facepalm2:
    This is anime, it doesn't have to be realistic :giggle:

The showers at my school's pool/sports building didn't have a reception :nah: if someone left the back door open (doesn't have to be anyone in particular...it just has to be ajar, maybe the janitor's blind/stupid?) he could just sneak in...maybe nick some keys on his first visit? Or maybe it's an old rotten/broken door, that wouldn't need any explaining, just would need to be drawn that way

I like Cara's idea, but near misses always annoy me in this sort of thing, think if it were me I'd make incidental things more simple, and focus on putting loads of other interesting plot lines & situations in
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by IGX_RSV2)
    hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, how are you? :hugs:
    Sorry, Coco distrcted me and then I had to go to work :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I know it's an anime. I'm just a little anal about it. :giggle:

Moving on. I need some plot ideas for the first chapter. What kinda characteristics would you like to see in this main character? And what should he look like? :beard: For the last part. Maybe show a picture(within spoiler) and what features you want from him.

Beer golf in the arcade has totally ****** up my firefox. :grr:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    I know it's an anime. I'm just a little anal about it. :giggle:

Moving on. I need some plot ideas for the first chapter. What kinda characteristics would you like to see in this main character? And what should he look like? :beard: For the last part. Maybe show a picture(within spoiler) and what features you want from him.

Beer golf in the arcade has totally ****** up my firefox. :grr:
    please not the usual nerdy guy with square glasses from the 80s :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Euge suggested Keitaro type for main character. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Euge suggested Keitaro type for main character. :giggle:
    but thats such a cliche :erm:

its funny because keitaro was exactly who I had in mind :giggle:

why so many square glasses though:s: is there no specsavers over there :s:

ReputationRep:
    Think I'll avoid that cliche and make the main character free of glasses. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    but thats such a cliche :erm:

its funny because keitaro was exactly who I had in mind :giggle:

why so many square glasses though:s: is there no specsavers over there :s:
    theyre always either square or rounder ones like this:

ReputationRep:
    It may be more interesting to have the main character be a charismatic type like Akira Takizawa from Eden of the East or Shinobu Morita from Honey and Clover or even Gintoki from Gintama - would be a bit easier to believe that characters would want to help him out then.

Although I'm biased since I like those kinds of effortlessly charismatic characters :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.