Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! watch

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Euge suggested Keitaro type for main character. :giggle:
    Well considering we have to get the balance between homeless/academic/yaoi I think we need a bishie :yep: a homeless guy isn't going to have glasses, and everyone likes looking at pretty people :dontknow: but he couldn't be too striking, because that'd just end up a mess, so maybe like these guys:

Wearing a scruffy suit, or a shirt, undone tie & ill-fitting (preferably on the baggy side) trousers or just general slightly scruffy versions of good looking clothes...so he can blend in, look serious about his academics...but also not make the whole homeless thing too unbelievable

He could also chew his pen and pull this face at some point :hmmmm: as Cara says, he needs Charisma!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    It may be more interesting to have the main character be a charismatic type like Akira Takizawa from Eden of the East or Shinobu Morita from Honey and Clover or even Gintoki from Gintama - would be a bit easier to believe that characters would want to help him out then.

Although I'm biased since I like those kinds of effortlessly charismatic characters :p:
    character types you like :hmmm: and then you admitted it :giggle:

if he's homeless surely he'd look more like hobo hei?:erm: he doesnt exactly have access to the right facilities for looking beautiful:nah:

ReputationRep:

EDIT: Aye Hobo-Hei would be a logical one :p:

ReputationRep:
    Noted down all the replies. :ahee:

It's making me start to wonder about Euge's drawing skills. :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    If you change your mind about the Yaoi, you could try a Lelouch like figure or even ichigo :rolleyes: and I have a friend who might be interested if it isn't yaoi :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ideas for what could happen in the first chapter. Go!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    did someone mention yaoi:?! :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Well in the 1st chapter you're going to need to establish the main character's personality, how he became homeless (or if you want that to be a mystery to add to the characters appeal just drop some subtle hints) and why on earth he ends up infiltrating a university - genuine desire to learn, mistaken identity or stalking someone are the a few reasons that jump to mind :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I have an idea. Hehe, it is pretty stupid as hell though warning you now :p: There's this rich guy right, who has a son who is stupid as ****. He wants his son to be a doctor, and he finds someone and pays for him to do the degree for him :rofl: PRetty stupid I know, but I had to say it
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Ideas for what could happen in the first chapter. Go!
    Well chapter one is usually an introduction or character introduction:

Our hero's walking down the street, kicking a can, shoulders hunched hands in pockets, he looks up, to stare at the university, a huge clean building in the distance (juxtaposed to the litter and grime around him)

Can't remember if it's an anime or a manga we're designing here...if it's an anime cut to theme

if it's a manga/after theme:

An attractive man walks quickly down the street, not looking where he's going...dressed in the clean fashionable clothes of a university student...despite obviously not belonging there he seems comfortable, even carefree in the street, he's carrying a pile of books under one arm & has a messenger style bag slung over his shoulder

He collides with our hero, papers go flying, contents of bag fly everywhere...both men land on top of one another in a traditional, compromising manner...opportunity for lolz or emotion as you please here...make sure you make them blush!

Our hero & the new comer hurry to collect up his belongings, make sure they're flustered and doing this hurridly!...new comer awkwardly thanks hero (comedy speedy bowing)...and runs off the way he came...but!

He's left a page of his notes behind...the hero reads this, falls in love with academia & the guy who dropped it...and vows to go to the university & return it to him...& learn for himself (maybe something about becoming equal/good enough for this man? or fulfilling a life long dream?)

ReputationRep:
    Well in the 1st chapter you're going to need to establish the main character's personality, how he became homeless (or if you want that to be a mystery to add to the characters appeal just drop some subtle hints) and why on earth he ends up infiltrating a university - genuine desire to learn, mistaken identity or stalking someone are the a few reasons that jump to mind :mmm:
    I say because he has **** all else to do :yes:
    Spoiler:
    Show

EDIT: Aye Hobo-Hei would be a logical one :p:
    :rofl: I think he got the idea mummy

still in anime nothing is logical :nah: hobo hei was quite unpopular :s:

(Original post by JChoudhry)
    I have an idea. Hehe, it is pretty stupid as hell though warning you now :p: There's this rich guy right, who has a son who is stupid as ****. He wants his son to be a doctor, and he finds someone and pays for him to do the degree for him :rofl: PRetty stupid I know, but I had to say it
    you said it was stupid a million times:hmmm: are you hiding something!? do you know someone who is really doing this!?:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Ah but the wonder of Hobo-Hei is that with a shave and haircut he turns back into Bishie-Hei :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Ah but the wonder of Hobo-Hei is that with a shave and haircut he turns back into Bishie-Hei :awesome:
    :erm: for a man on the run he keeps surprisingly tidy :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)

you said it was stupid a million times:hmmm: are you hiding something!? do you know someone who is really doing this!?:lolwut:
    :hmmm: how did you find out? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    :hmmm: how did you find out? :lolwut:
    it was so stupid it had to be true :sadnod:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Now this is a great idea :yep:

:eek: combine this with my first chapter idea & it could be a cinderella parody!

Now that would be awesome sauce :five:

If Keo's not writing this maybe I will :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    :erm:I see this is gonna be the type of thing to make fangirls wet themselves :s:

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Vin.

If this manga ( I can't animate it and it'd be hard going for a good 20 mins. Let alone 720p quality :ahee: ) was handled by females it'd be some epic yaoi(which I was joking about lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    it was so stupid it had to be true :sadnod:
    I'm so stupid for making things so obvious :sadnod: btw bleach spoilers are ******* awsome atm
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I think Yammaji just died
    :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    What? tis quite common in fanservice shows, we're just substituting the frumpy girl turned bishoujo with a scruffy fella turnd bishie!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.