Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! watch

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    The anime isn't a very good adaptation to be honest. :no: Ken Akamatsu's series never seem to get decent adaptations, excluding the recent Negima OVAs. The Love Hina manga though, is epic.
    :eek: I noticed that about Negima! (the series...didn't bother with the OVAs)
    The anime adaptation was a real let down :sadnod: Never knew they were by the same person :p: might try out the manga then...because the Negima manga is proving to be excellent!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Keoje)

Spoiler:
    Show

....................../´¯/)
    ...................,/¯../
    ................../..../
    ............/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........./'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    .......('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    ........\.................'.../
    .........''...\.......... _.·´
    ...........\..............(
    .............\.............\..../
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ffffff]
    Very mature Keo :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Waiting to buy Genbu Kaiden, because I just can't read something I've been looking forward to online. : D

And now,I have a super-long 'to read' list. Woohoo!

ReputationRep:
    I can't seem to get into Ken Akamatsu's series at all. I've watched Negima! (and half of Negima!?) and only found it watchable - couldnt get into the manga at all......think I read about 10-15 chapters before getting incrediably bored. Love Hina I've just never been able to watch - sat through 5 episodes before loosing the will to go on.

ReputationRep:
    The anime isn't a very good adaptation to be honest. :no: Ken Akamatsu's series never seem to get decent adaptations, excluding the recent Negima OVAs. The Love Hina manga though, is epic.
    they better be fighting of the safety of the galaxy at a million times the scale of anything on earth:hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    they better be fighting of the safety of the galaxy at a million times the scale of anything on earth:hmmm:
    :poke: I made my 100th blog post a work rant as requested
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by skipp)
    :eek: I noticed that about Negima! (the series...didn't bother with the OVAs)
    The anime adaptation was a real let down :sadnod: Never knew they were by the same person :p: might try out the manga then...because the Negima manga is proving to be excellent!
    Obviously with the setting being a guy running a girl's dormitory, it's got less plot and more ecchi compared with Negima, but the comedy is as good if not better. :yes:

(Original post by Keoje)
    I'm leaning towards an idea which will promote watching anime and trying out new and different anime. I'll watch 1st Ep of whatever you tell me to watch and you watch 1st Ep of whatever I tell you to watch. :beard:

We'll ignore the fact that I have about 10 recommended series downloaded onto my HDD that I haven't touched.
    That's a brilliant idea. If you decide to do it, I'd put forward The SoulTaker as my series choice. It's a series that people seem to either love or hate, so I'm usually wary about recommending it, but if it's just the first episode then why not take the risk? :p:

ReputationRep:
    NANI?!?!?! EVEN YOU CARA? :zomg:

:emo:

Do it for the song Yakusoku. It's such a pretty song. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)

watch thse series you already have:spank:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)

Meh, I'm a girl with a pretty thin tolerance for ecchi comedy, not really Ken Akamatsu's target audience :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    That's a brilliant idea. If you decide to do it, I'd put forward The SoulTaker as my series choice. It's a series that people seem to either love or hate, so I'm usually wary about recommending it, but if it's just the first episode then why not take the risk?
    I do plan to watch the anime that you, Cara and others have recommended me when I have the free time. Nowadays, I usually only watch an episode whilst I have supper and maybe another that evening.

What should I call this idea? Think it'd be best to attach a time frame to watch it. eg Within a week. Anyone who wants to try this with me tho - I'm happy to watch it on the day.

I'll accept your offer and watch it this evening. In return you have to watch Hajime no Ippo.

I told you Vin! DMC steaming wouldn't work. Nothing I can do about that :ahee:
    Cara :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Meh, I'm a girl with a pretty thin tolerance for ecchi comedy, not really Ken Akamatsu's target audience :mmm:
    I don't really mind ecchi comedy as long as it has some sort of substance. For example, Green Green can piss off when put in the same room as Love Hina and Mahou Sensei Negima.

The latter is actually rather epic - quite a contrast to the initial chapters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Cara :cry2:
    You're happy about that? :giggle: It looks rather funny. :tongue:

Which reminds me, I still need to watch DMC and Beck... Monster and Seirei no Moribito first though.

ReputationRep:
    :poke: I made my 100th blog post a work rant as requested
    :console:poor mummy
    (Original post by Keoje)
    dont be so ******* pathetic, find another site or download it, there are many sources if you can be bothered to get over your own damn prejudice

you asked for a series to watch and I gave you one of the shortest there is. ******* finish it already

ReputationRep:
    Now thats an awesome list of anime Kagu :yep:

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing worse than being rejected from a job because the employer thinks you might get bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    :console:poor mummy
    :hugs:

dont be so ******* pathetic, find another site or download it, there are many sources if you can be bothered to get over your own damn prejudice

you asked for a series to watch and I gave you one of the shortest there is. ******* finish it already
    DMC is hilarious, Keo really should finish it :sadnod:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by IGX_RSV2)
    There is nothing worse than being rejected from a job because the employer thinks you might get bored.
    That's really the worst...sorry to hear that

ReputationRep:
    Now thats an awesome list of anime Kagu :yep:
    Why thank you. Compliments go to Aiko. :tongue:

I'm on episode 6 with Seirei. I could easily marathon it if I wanted to despite it being slow paced - which is weird because I can't seem to marathon Monster even though I wanted to. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    You're happy about that? It looks rather funny.

Which reminds me, I still need to watch DMC and Beck... Monster and Seirei no Moribito first though.
    Regardless of what I usually say - which is to piss off Vin - I do like it and enjoy the moments where the main character is his normal self and not Kaiser.

Vin. Have you ever thought I don't want to finish it as then there would be no more DMC? :p: I'm savouring it. :ahee:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.