Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you hear the difference? :p:

http://mp3ornot.com/
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Do you hear the difference? :p:

http://mp3ornot.com/
    Yes, I knew immediately that it was A, largely in part because I have headphones that would distinguish the difference and that I'm also something of an audiophile (I don't even download MP3 due to its compression, preferring FLAC).

ReputationRep:
    I could tell the difference too - mainly due to headphones I'd imagine.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by caraniel)
    I could tell the difference too - mainly due to headphones I'd imagine.
    How's things, Cara? Since you seldom sign into MSN, we haven't had the opportunity to chat much. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Yes, I knew immediately that it was A, largely in part because I have headphones that would distinguish the difference and that I'm also something of an audiophile (I don't even download MP3 due to its compression, preferring FLAC).
    :poke:does it really make a difference when not using headphones and giant speakers ...if you wernt already aware of a difference:hmmmm2:

goodmorning

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has headphones. :ahee: Cept myself. I got it right with the aid of my speakers.

Can I download anime songs in FLAC? Just recently upgraded all my MF songs to 320kbps replacing the old 160kbps ones. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    How's things, Cara? Since you seldom sign into MSN, we haven't had the opportunity to chat much. :o:
    Meh, not too bad - I'm a bit sore, but thats nothing new - its taking me much longer than it should to write anything these days :sigh:

Hows everything your side?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    :poke:does it really make a difference when not using headphones and giant speakers ...if you wernt already aware of a difference:hmmmm2:
    The significant difference, above all else, is that headphones can block out external noise completely, whereas speakers, of any size, will inevitably not, even if the acoustics are balanced. Aside from that, you'll have to pay considerably more for speakers to gain the same fidelity. I could elaborate a lot more, but that's the general gist of it.

goodmorning
    Morning. :hugs:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Can I download anime songs in FLAC? Just recently upgraded all my MF songs to 320kbps replacing the old 160kbps ones. :o:
    I don't really download music from anime, but anything I've wanted I've sourced from Share or Perfect Dark. :smile:

(Original post by caraniel)
    Meh, not too bad - I'm a bit sore, but thats nothing new - its taking me much longer than it should to write anything these days :sigh:

Hows everything your side?
    This RSI is ever problematic, which isn't helped by your inconsiderate managers at your job. :sadnod:

I've adjusted fully to the move and my job, so I can't complain. Finding it hard to watch as much anime as I used to, though. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    The significant difference, above all else, is that headphones can block out external noise completely, whereas speakers, of any size, will inevitably not, even if the acoustics are balanced. Aside from that, you'll have to pay considerably more for speakers to gain the same fidelity. I could elaborate a lot more, but that's the general gist of it.

Morning. :hugs:
    so then the improvement is less noticable without headphones or a good quality speakers then

:hugs:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    so then the improvement is less noticable without headphones or a good quality speakers then
    You should still be able to tell the difference between 320 and 128 kbps. The free version of Spotify streams at 192 kbps, which is acceptable. Anything below that should be noticeable, even with cheap hardware.

ReputationRep:
    :beard:

I think I'll stick with just finding 320kbps with my usual methods. Perfect Dark seems a bit complicated. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    You should still be able to tell the difference between 320 and 128 kbps. The free version of Spotify streams at 192 kbps, which is acceptable. Anything below that should be noticeable, even with cheap hardware.
    what kbps is flac usually at?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    what kbps is flac usually at?
    According to Soundbooth, the average kbps is 850 for the majority I download, occasionally much higher depending on the conversion/encode.

ReputationRep:
    Cara I just found the complete music collection in FLAC for Kara no Kyoukai. :teeth: 2.31GB :ahee:

Oh god I'm turning into an audiophile. :emo:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Cara I just found the complete music collection in FLAC for Kara no Kyoukai. :teeth: 2.31GB :ahee:
    I recently finished this and will eventually get around to reviewing it. :smile:

Oh god I'm turning into an audiophile. :emo:
    Based upon the emoticon you've chosen to use, you deem this a bad thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    I recently finished this and will eventually get around to reviewing it.

I like Kalafina's songs. One day I'll watch it too.

I don't think it is necessary a bad thing. I just think there's something wrong with me when I start replacing all my anime songs with higher quality ones. :giggle:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Keoje)
    I like Kalafina's songs. One day I'll watch it too.
    I'll reserve my impression for my review, but it's definitely worth watching. A recommendation from Cara, no less. :smile:

I don't think it is necessary a bad thing. I just think there's something wrong with me when I start replacing all my anime songs with higher quality ones. :giggle:
    Regarding you have the hardware to support the difference that FLAC can provide (high fidelity), then it's understandable why.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Oh yes, before I forget, thank you for the Takamura rep, Tony. I didn't realise until this morning. That match was hugely satisfying. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    I recently finished this and will eventually get around to reviewing it. :smile:

You annoy me :hmmm:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.