Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    :hugs:

Laughing at my misfortune :huff:
    :emog:

(Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    I may be wrong but I believe Aiko was going to make the next thread.

As for when the picture spam starts there's been no real agreement to it. We could start now... Aiko and I began the previous one at 9826.

I dislike structure in regards to the spam. One day it will just start and it will be beautiful.
    its 9900:mad: just because you choose to ignore it doesnt mean there isnt a start point:hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Yes that's why I said I'd contact her :giggle: or you can if you prefer...so long as someone does

And yes picture spam is great and wonderful...if it doesn't start before we have another thread lined up :hmmm:
    I don't mind how it starts - with or without a plan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    its 9900:mad: just because you choose to ignore it doesnt mean there isnt a start point:hmmm:
    Who made this starting point? Cara - one of the co-leaders of this society - just stated 200 - 300 (posts from 10,000) was the norm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    I stole this idea from the backroom. :ninja: What's your handwriting like? :p:
    Spoiler:
    Show

My hand writing is really bad

Spoiler:
    Show
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by vin)
    :emog:

False alarm, dinner soon though

I'm with vin on this one :giggle: picture spam can effectively go on forever if no one closes the thread, so what's the rush to start? It completely puts an end to conversation until the new thread gets posted, so it's quite nice to have some warning (most easily done by having a formal start point) for those of us without huge picture collections to use up

My picture a day scheme means I have about 3 pictures to post...but got pro now...so at least they'll be viewable this time :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    :yum:
    hi you :poke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    My hand writing is really bad

Spoiler:
    Show
    You weren't lying. I actually thought you were writing about the fuhrer.

ReputationRep:
    Who made this starting point? Cara - one of the co-leaders of this society - just stated 200 - 300 (posts from 10,000) was the norm.
    yes I know who mummy is :wtf:, I dont understand why you're bringing "authority" into this because you of all people pay no attention to that, unless its for something in your favour it seems:rolleyes:

(Original post by skipp)

I'm with vin on this one :giggle: picture spam can effectively go on forever if no one closes the thread, so what's the rush to start? It completely puts an end to conversation until the new thread gets posted, so it's quite nice to have some warning (most easily done by having a formal start point) for those of us without huge picture collections to use up

My picture a day scheme means I have about 3 pictures to post...but got pro now...so at least they'll be viewable this time :mmm:
    one of the more recent times, there had been no decision on who was starting the thread, so by the time pic spam started there was no hope of a decision until about 500 posts later when everyone got bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)

There is no rush to start Jen. I just like to push the thread as far as it can go past the designated limit along with viewing the tons of pictures - if it's closed by a mod I cannot see them.

I've always viewed picture spam as somewhat chaotic so to have a formal opening on it is lost on me. :tongue: As for the huge picture collection, you could easily make a new album on Photobucket filled with wondrous pictures in just an hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    yes I know who mummy is :wtf:, I dont understand why you're bringing "authority" into this because you of all people pay no attention to that, unless its for something in your favour it seems:rolleyes:
    I wasn't questioning your memory of who is who in the society, I was just highlighting her status and her knowledge of the society with that.

I don't understand why you're bringing my nature into this. We were talking about when picture spam starts - what does my acknowledgement of authority have anything to do with that?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Unfortunately, I don't believe I'll have enough time to prepare what I had in mind for the next thread due to work. Maybe somebody can take my place this time around? :o: - I also hope I'll be able to participate in this upcoming picture spam. If it begins while I'm at work, I won't be able to. :sad:

Hello everyone. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Unfortunately, I don't believe I'll have enough time to prepare what I had in mind for the next thread due to work. Maybe somebody can take my place this time around? :o: - I also hope I'll be able to participate in this upcoming picture spam. If it begins while I'm at work, I won't be able to. :sad:

AIKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:jumphug:
    We has missed you, alot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)

Will you be saving your idea for the thread after the next or could you tell us what was on your mind? Jen can - she did say she had an idea for one but was reluctant to carry it out having made a relatively recent thread.

Hello Aiko. :hugs: How are you today?

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't questioning your memory of who is who in the society, I was just highlighting her status and her knowledge of the society with that.

I don't understand why you're bringing my nature into this. We were talking about when picture spam starts - what does my acknowledgement of authority have anything to do with that?
    which I think we're all fully aware of:confused:

I brought it up because it was very odd to see you bringing up "the voice of authority":s:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Atherilia)
    AIKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:jumphug:
    We has missed you, alot!
    Hello, Cay. I've missed chatting with you too. :hugs: - I hope you're keeping well. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Hello, Cay. I've missed chatting with you too. :hugs: - I hope you're keeping well and working hard. :smile:
    yes I am though alas, working hard is both tiring and in this particular case extremely boring, essays :hmmm: :yucky:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Will you be saving your idea for the thread after the next or could you tell us what was on your mind? Jen can - she did say she had an idea for one but was reluctant to carry it out having made a relatively recent thread.
    It's something that's long overdue and will require some revision on my part. :o: - Jenni is more than welcome to take my place. :smile:

Hello Aiko. :hugs: How are you today?
    I spent much of today relaxing in Central Park with friends and had a random walkabout in the History museum which is located nearby. Trying to appreciate the weather and to reduce my use of the computer a little. :smile:

Everything good with you, Vay? :hugs:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Atherilia)
    yes I am though alas, working hard is both tiring and in this particular case extremely boring, essays :hmmm: :yucky:
    If it's any consolation, at least the harder your work, the quicker you're likely to finish it. :smile: :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    which I think we're all fully aware of:confused:

I brought it up because it was very odd to see you bringing up "the voice of authority":s:
    If you read my post again you'll see me type that it was her "knowledge of the society" that I was highlighting. You already touched upon my reluctance to accept or follow authority - why on earth would I bring it up in my favour? Scratch that - why would you think I was bringing it up in my favour?

You are right, I don't care about authority - never really have - but i'm holding Cara's knowledge of the thread in high esteem regardless of what authority she has.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)

:puppyeyes:hi

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.