Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sloth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atherilia)
    Time to claim a sin people

Lust:
    Envy:
    Gluttony:
    Greed:
    Sloth:
    Wrath:
    Pride:
    I call greed :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    I call Sloth :grin:
    gommen, Keo got there first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    I call greed
    Get your own deadly sin.

Well well...isn't someone a quick ninja. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    :lolwut: really?

Maybe vin is different in real life :moon:
    facebook quizes arnt very accurate though:giggle: ...oh what the hell was that quiz on :wtf:

yeah Ill be wrath :cool:

not really:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    I call greed :grin:
    kk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Get your own deadly sin.

Well well...isn't someone a quick ninja. :ahee:
    :p: I would have beaten you to it too if it wasn't for those medling kids my slow connnection :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    This is making me want to go to that underground pub in nottingham with torture things on the walls and great cocktails named after FMA characters:sad:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Oh! Of the anime society? Of Quake? I've still yet to see a picture of orbb in all it's glory. :o:
    I'll say no more, only that nothing is determined yet. :o: - As for Orbb, I completely forgot about that. :p:

*goes to check the earthcam hall of fame*
    I checked myself and I couldn't decide whether I was disappointed or relieved. :tongue:

If it makes you feel better, had I been in time square while you waved in a frantic fashion I probably would have hug tackled you.
    We both know you would have hug tackled me anyway. :tongue:

:tongue: I've been to Leicester Square many times since I realised the cam's existence and i've yet to see it. I'll go there one day and run back and forth, doing back flips and cart wheels. Who knows? Someone may even walk past and give me money.
    I only have one request while you're doing this and you should already know what that is. :tongue:

:giggle: As is the custom with gyoza - or most oriental dishes... very haphazard in that sense.
    Indeed. :giggle:

(Original post by vin)
    :proud:
    Little Vin-kin. :hugs:

I finished it, only one more peice left to do, and I have till next week to finish it :woo:
    Good work, Cay. Now you can watch some anime. :smile:

(Original post by skipp)
    Hey Aiko :hugs: had a feeling that'd be the case, but I'm eager to see the idea you came up with how about I make one in reserve, so there's no pressure on you to finish it in time, and if you're finished soon we'll use yours & if not we'll have one as a backup?

Or if anyone else is wanting to make an alternative it'd be great, the OP is a place to show off creativity...to design our home for the next 10,000 posts as it were, so I'd feel a little guilty hogging it...even if only as a backup :o:
    The main problem is time. As mentioned, I've also decided to limit my use of the computer outside work. So, when I'm at home, I'm not going to be really on it, especially now that it's getting warmer. I suspect, given what the post count already is, that it's highly probable I won't be able to finish it. I'm sure nobody will mind if you made the next thread. :smile:

New York sounds amazing, how are you finding living there? Was watching a vlog of someone who lives there & it looks like such an interesting place! Really want to visit it at some point :yep:
    I had visited a few times before and even considered studying here before deciding upon London instead. NYC is an incredible city, undoubtably, and probably the only place I could seriously see myself living in the US. It's similar to London in that it's highly multicultural and therefore has an unrivaled breadth of choice, whether it be the food on offer to the festivities that take place here. It's a melting pot of constant change. It's closer to what I'd personally associate to a "city" with its high-rise buildings. In that respect, the immenseness reminds me of Tokyo more than London, even though both cities are expectantly different. I definitely recommend that you visit. I could probably elaborate on a personal level, but we should probably reserve that for another time. :smile:

Travel :moon:
    Plenty of time. :smile:

I'm off to watch some anime. Nice chatting briefly with all of you. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want Lust???

ReputationRep:
    Hug tackle...

...Glomp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Sloth.
    :huff: i make a better sloth

i call whatevers left.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Anyone want Lust???
    I vote you Cay :yep:

Mainly because I can imagine you wearing Lust from FMA's dress :hmmmm:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Annaconda)

i call whatevers left.
    Ooo Anna I was about to pm you

Starting to talk about who makes the new OP and as it seems unlikely that Aiko will be able to do hers I've started on an alternative...but that can be used any time, know you haven't done one yet so just wondering whether you'd like the option of doing this one?

Sorry if I'm talking about this too much everyone :o: just in the mood to get it sorted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)

i call whatevers left.
    you are lust

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Truthfully, until yesterday when I was speaking to Vin-kin about the 'Railgun' (he was doing some research on it), I was unaware that such a gun even existed, let alone anything that's remotely similar to the one found in Quake 3. :giggle:

I'm intending to watch a few more episodes tonight. I'll agree that it's something of a necessity to watch Index before this to fully appreciate it. :smile:

Yes, I can't really see the resemblance myself. Here's the one in the anime series:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Not sure if you will be informed of this quote or not ... but I thought I'd transfer this over here so it's not in the on-topic thread

THAT rail gun is just a pretty version. The ones currently developed in real life have the beam, but it disperses rather than staying focused behind it. Also, her projectile is MUCH smaller than the ones used in real life ones.

Also, they're not really existing yet ... they have made one work, but they haven't got a good enough version to make it usable. I doubt there would ever be a hand held one, or at least any time soon, because I imagine the power requirements to generate that level of electromagnetism must be enormous.

So yeah, the beam behind Misaka's railgun IS plasma, just like the real life one, only it stays focused rather than appearing like an explosion.

This all makes sense in my head, but it rarely does when I explain it to people ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Little Vin-kin. :hugs:

I'm off to watch some anime. Nice chatting briefly with all of you. :hugs:
    bye:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    I'll say no more, only that nothing is determined yet. :o: - As for Orbb, I completely forgot about that. :p:
    Then I await your work with childish enthusiasm. *hops on spot*

(Original post by Aiko)
    I checked myself and I couldn't decide whether I was disappointed or relieved. :tongue:
    I did the same. :o: I'm disappointed, very disappointed.

(Original post by Aiko)
    We both know you would have hug tackled me anyway. :tongue:
    Ahaha. :giggle: You know well Aiko.

(Original post by Aiko)
    I only have one request while you're doing this and you should already know what that is. :tongue:
    It's happening in June. Early June. I'll have it completed by then. :teeth: I can't remember what I wanted from you when I meet you... um...

ReputationRep:
    Hi :wavey:
    I went skiing for a week, but I'm back now unharmed :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Ooo Anna I was about to pm you

Starting to talk about who makes the new OP and as it seems unlikely that Aiko will be able to do hers I've started on an alternative...but that can be used any time, know you haven't done one yet so just wondering whether you'd like the option of doing this one?

Sorry if I'm talking about this too much everyone :o: just in the mood to get it sorted
    um no thanks, i wouldnt have a clue what to put in it.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.