Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XVI: The One Piece War continue's, Aiko goes poof well looky here! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    ^

This coming from the deluded little boy who believes he or Jenni could create unhackable systems(despite having limited computing knowledge), and somehow find enough money to buy Jersey and turn it into one big private island, magically having the right people and nations on his side :teehee:

Jersey's GDP is £3.6 billion, no doubt any attempts to buy it from the crown would cost at least ten times that.
    Did I say Jen's or mine? The systems will be developed by geniuses all around the world and only nominally belong to Jen and me. :rolleyes:

Also, who on earth said we'd buy Jersey?

Oooo. Assumptions Alex. Not good. :teeth:

We won't magically have the people and nations we need - they'll come of their own accord because we're so loveably fantastic and so is our home. Through attracting the people, we attract the nation's support. You're the silly boy who thinks you could penetrate and manipulate anything and everything. :giggle:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :cry: My shoulder was mostly well behaved al day but is really hurting now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Did I say Jen's or mine? The systems will be developed by geniuses all around the world and only nominally belong to Jen and me. :rolleyes:

Also, who on earth said we'd buy Jersey?

Oooo. Assumptions Alex. Not good. :teeth:

We won't magically have the people and nations we need - they'll come of their own accord because we're so loveably fantastic and so is our home. Through attracting the people, we attract the nation's support. You're the silly boy who thinks you could penetrate and manipulate anything and everything. :giggle:
    Industrial espionage and labour poaching it is, then.

Not everyone will like your interpretation of paradise ;P Propaganda would also put a cog in the works and alienate you as a cult leader, just like David Koresh, or Marshall Applewhite. You think that the international community, even, would let you establish a private island dictatorship with high-tech weapons on Jersey?

Yeah, I'm playing the get real game seeing as you poo-pooed me :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    My shoulder was mostly well behaved al day but is really hurting now
    Ask the doctor for some cream where you need to apply it and then put a bag of frozen peas on Worked for me.

I'm off to bed. Night all.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Ask the doctor for some cream where you need to apply it and then put a bag of frozen peas on Worked for me.

I'm off to bed. Night all.
    Peas and cream? I'd rather have strawberries.

ReputationRep:
    Industrial espionage and labour poaching it is, then.

Not everyone will like your interpretation of paradise ;P Propaganda would also put a cog in the works and alienate you as a cult leader, just like David Koresh. or Marshall Applewhite. You think that the international community, even, would let you establish a private island dictatorship with high-tech weapons on Jersey?

Fine, seen as you want to play this, let's go.

My interpretation of paradise is one which is clearly founded. First of all, it is not a dictatorship. Politics has no place on our island owing to the fact that it is a sanctuary and not a society. :rolleyes: You viewed it as such and that's the flaw in your plan.

You can't say who won't let me do anything because you cannot predict the future. A bit like the cat in the poison box scenario. With various fiscal and service ongoings we will most likely be able to either break a deal with various nations who are willing to accept.

As to your propoganda plan, it was effective in influencing the masses but now with mass media - which you will most likely never take a hold of due to the aforementioned deals we will have formed by then - we can spell out the truth nice and clearly. You wish to influence the public through lies and deceit. This alone warrants retaliation against you in the shadows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Fine, seen as you want to play this, let's go.

My interpretation of paradise is one which is clearly founded. First of all, it is not a dictatorship. Politics has no place on our island owing to the fact that it is a sanctuary and not a society. :rolleyes: You viewed it as such and that's the flaw in your plan.

You can't say who won't let me do anything because you cannot predict the future. A bit like the cat in the poison box scenario. With various fiscal and service ongoings we will most likely be able to either break a deal with various nations who are willing to accept.

As to your propoganda plan, it was effective in influencing the masses but now with mass media - which you will most likely never take a hold of due to the aforementioned deals we will have formed by then - we can spell out the truth nice and clearly. You wish to influence the public through lies and deceit. This alone warrants retaliation against you in the shadows.
    If you're talking about Jersey, then how will you ensure that it is a sanctuary without displacing many people and putting into place your own laws? There are political practicalities to think about, unless you correct them you won't get very far :tongue:

The truth won't get past corporate media if it is deemed dangerous, the BBC will also portray you in a negative light if it doesn't wish to be branded a terrorist/cult sympathiser.

I'm going to go to bed :goodnight:

Night night. Medieval Europe lecture I DO NOT WANT TO MISS.

ReputationRep:
    Night!

:hugs: :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    If you're talking about Jersey, then how will you ensure that it is a sanctuary without displacing many people and putting into place your own laws? There are political practicalities to think about, unless you correct them you won't get very far :tongue:

The truth won't get past corporate media if it is deemed dangerous, the BBC will also portray you in a negative light if it doesn't wish to be branded a terrorist/cult sympathiser.

I'm going to go to bed :goodnight:

Night night. Medieval Europe lecture I DO NOT WANT TO MISS.
    You seem to be assuming that our home will be home to many people with many different views. :rolleyes: It will not be like this. It will be our HOME. As such, the "political practicalities" you speak of are irrelevant and if you're basing your argument that this then i'm afraid you fail quite severely.

We will just have smart and intellectually like minded people over from time to time - sometimes months at a time - to chat and have fun. We won't make a society.

This is strange seen as I had already mentioned Britain would be one of our allies. :erm: We aren't stupid Alex, the security measures will be our little secret while we're in cahoots with the nations who supply us with them. We make agreements and deals to ensure our safety of course. :rolleyes: For that reason, we are allowed to attack anyone who crosses our borders with intention of destruction - i.e. you - and the world won't do anything to stop us.

Oh! Goodnight. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I'll be going to bed to then - Bloody Monday is almost over.

:goodnight:

ReputationRep:
    just watched Irreversible, in the end it was a great film, just had a really ****** up begining and middle scene :afraid: one film i wont be watching again :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    i am eating an amazing peanut butter and jam sandwich right now, shame i dropped it on the floor and it split open and landed peanut butter and jam side down, so i am probably eating a load of dirt now as well. oh well.

ReputationRep:
    :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    :coma:
    :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    :yawn:
    i see what you did there :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    k im going to bed, night :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    5 hour sleep :emo: with my sleep deficit

Someone read Darren Shan manga please.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Right you ugly lot, I had a dream about pokemon because of you!

I went to the doctor and she was evil. She made me move my arm in ways that hurt :cry: Then she told me I have to use ice and try to move it, and go see her again in 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    I had a good nights sleep:proud:
    (Original post by skipp)
    :pinch: oh vin....

Haven't me and Vay both offered to adopt you? :rolleyes: you won't be living in a box unless you want to...
    onee-sama would never allow it:sad:

(Original post by caraniel)
    You know, I have absolutely no notion what you lot are talking about these days
    the children are so imaginaive these days :moon:

:hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    -continues conversation from top of page 63 'cause I can't be arsed reading anything else-

Can we not just buy Sealand instead? :awesome:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.