The Student Room Group

tempted to do stupid things

does anyone else get that crazy split second where they want to..step off a high building?..let go of the steering wheel doing 90?...step off the kerb in front of a lorry?

i dont know if its the fact i feel utterly **** and want to go to sleep and not wake up...or maybe there are other strange people too :frown:

leaving the house and walking along the streets everyday is starting to get interesting....
Yeah. Well, not really seriously enough to do it, but yesterday I did have a thought... 'What would happen if I just fell underneath this car, I'm pretty much on a zebra crossing and it hasn't stopped, I'd get compo!'

:emo:

On a serious note, don't do anything silly :smile: Find something interesting to do with your life, or if you want a buzz take up some extreme sports or go sky diving.
Yeah I get that a lot. Usually walking under buses but also, worryingly, like pushing people off train platforms etc :s-smilie: I wouldn't do it but like I play it out in my head everytime I wait for a train.
Reply 3
The idea of what would happen if I did something stupid like the things you mentioned does cross my mind, but actually thinking of doing it.. not really.

This is especially the case with cars speeding by at high speed. I'm amazed how easily I could **** over EVERYTHING by being a couple of meters to the side.
edit: Same with trains when waiting on platforms. You get the picture.
Sortof, but they are usually less suicidal and more about, 'what would happen if i did this?' or if this happened to so and so...
Reply 5
Like in a Mall..what would happen if I fell 5 levels from here..but it is a thought, not something I would do...just out of interest..probably loads of people think about it.

maybe try omegle.com:tongue:
Reply 6
Yep I think a lot of people get that. I was laughing about it with my archaeology teacher once on a trip, we were both near the edge of a cliff and both got the urge to throw ourselves off it. I'm always like ahh wtf, and get scared at the thought.

i dont know if its the fact i feel utterly **** and want to go to sleep and not wake up

this is a seperate issue though and you should talk to your GP or call an advice help line. Is there anything making you feel like this?
Maybe you should watch my film 'Get Confident, Stupid!'
LOl... SUICIDAL TENDENCIES... See a counselor retard.
ConstantHigh
LOl... SUICIDAL TENDENCIES... See a counselor retard.

I'm sure calling a suicidal person a retard is really going to help their self esteem! Well done.

OP I think a lot of people think about these things but you should talk to someone about why u are feeling like you want to never wake up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIvGLOJPels

Sums up what your talkin about
yoshi_105
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIvGLOJPels

Sums up what your talkin about

so true,
Reply 12
Yep I do. Though not as suicidal as you, OP.

Latest

Trending

Trending