The Student Room Group

Best City In The World? [POLL]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Jakko247
What, in your opinion is the best city in the world.
You can use any criteria you want to!

You've only got 20 cities on the poll. Fail.
Reply 21
Berlin!
WTH! No Hong Kong :frown:
I pick Zurich, absolutely amazing place.
Quiet, reserved, no skyscrapers, no tourist hotspots, completely simplistic...and yet manages to mainstain one of the best quality of life measures and is one of the top 5 top financial capitals of the world.
Paris is lovely. Ain't been to any other of those places though.

I woulkd have said Newcastle if it was on.
New York, ******* amazing place.
Reply 26
5piderpig
You've only got 20 cities on the poll. Fail.

16, actually [FAIL]
& that's the max, pal.
I just love London, its so hard to beat.
RamocitoMorales
Where's Istanbul which is always included in the top 10 if not the top 5.

Istanbul is in Turkey, honestly if you wanted to know so badly you should Google it.
Reply 29
Jakko247
16, actually [FAIL]
& that's the max, pal.

I guess I can't count. :cool:

But yeh, your poll is still a failure. :smile:
Reply 30
Jakko247

Rome?
Reply 31
Jakko247

Why isn't Manchester a choice? God came down from the heavens and created Manchester on the 7th day. Manchester beat London in the living thing poll... in fact it is better placed to beat the recession than London and recently named 15th best city in the world.
Reply 32
The only city I've lived in out of those choices is New York, when I was very young (from 2 to about 3 and half). I lived in Spanish Harlem which, to put it lightly, isn't the most appealing of places. :s-smilie:

I chose New York because the good outweighs the bad, but there are some nasty nasty parts!
um wheres bristol??
Reply 34
There are thousands of cities in the world from Aberdeen to Zagreb. They should all be in the poll.
haha London. talk about bias.
Reply 36
Yuppie20
Rome?

Hmm! Yea I can agree, maybe Rome deserves to be there but it's only really ranked in religious, historical and architectural terms, not really for the modern city criteria which most cities adhere to nowadays!

Atleast during my brief research it was never named anywhere in 'league tables'.
Beijing? They did have the Olympics after all..
Reply 38
Jakko247
Hmm! Yea I can agree, maybe Rome deserves to be there but it's only really ranked in religious, historical and architectural terms, not really for the modern city criteria which most cities adhere to nowadays!

Atleast during my brief research it was never named anywhere in 'league tables'.

Modern city criteria suck. Rome is good, as is New York. Although I suppose Rome only ranks due to its impressive architecture- I strongly dislike Italians, do not trust them, not for a minute.
Reply 39
San Francisco, Manchester and Vancouver are all missing. Failure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending