Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best City In The World? [POLL] watch

• View Poll Results: Out of the following, Which city do you rate top? (use any criteria you like)
    Vienna
    3.72%
    New York
    18.62%
    London
    39.10%
    Zurich
    0.53%
    Dublin
    3.46%
    Singapore
    2.93%
    Tokyo
    8.51%
    Chicago
    0.80%
    Frankfurt
    0.27%
    Brussels
    1.86%
    Milan
    1.60%
    Amsterdam
    2.93%
    Washington DC
    0.80%
    Toronto
    3.46%
    Paris
    8.51%
    Sydney
    2.93%

ReputationRep:
    Why is Frankfurt up there when Berlin is not?

Why's Moscow, Los Angeles, Rio de Janiero, Barcelona or Istanbul not up there, yet Zurich, Brussels and Vienna are? Lolwut?

ReputationRep:
    way too hard for me to choose just one, but from where i've been, it's out of

New York
    Miami
    Los Angeles
    London

and places i haven't been but i think are awesome

Tokyo
    Rome
    Milan
    Sydney
    San Francisco
    Barcelona
    Valencia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Why is Frankfurt up there when Berlin is not?

Why's Moscow, Los Angeles, Rio de Janiero, Barcelona or Istanbul not up there, yet Zurich, Brussels and Vienna are? Lolwut?
    Lol, did you recently add Obama to your communist party pic? didn't notice him before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Lol, did you recently add Obama to your communist party pic? didn't notice him before
    You like?

Why on Earth are Frankfurt and Brussels on the list?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Stalin]Why is Frankfurt up there when Berlin is not?

Why's Moscow, Los Angeles, Rio de Janiero, Barcelona or Istanbul not up there/QUOTE]
    Pretty self-explanitory; they're ****. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domino0806)
    Why on Earth are Frankfurt and Brussels on the list?
    Have you ever been to Brussels? Because it's a lovely city.

(Original post by Fusion)
    I'm not saying it's not lovely. Oxford is lovely. They're roughly the same size. hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Also, Belgium was ranked 17 places above the UK in a recent 'Best Place to Live' survey. Subjective, but still...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    You like?
    Tis verrrry nice, i like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucible)
    Where on the list :yep: It should be on there!
    SAN FRANCISCO.
    thank god for that! for a minute there, i thought you were showing a terrible knowledge of geography!

and yes, its amazing! i was only there for 2 nights, but it exceeded all my expectations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Just out of curiosity, what about Brussels do you find lovely? I live here and it's a ********. And the population isn't all that either.

ReputationRep:
    No Stockholm either?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ines24)
    Just out of curiosity, what about Brussels do you find lovely? I live here and it's a ********. And the population isn't all that either.
    The architecture (even in residential areas), layout, churches, culture, character (tin tin murals!)..all in all it makes for a really nice city. Also Good location in terms of proximity to London, Paris, Berlin and Amsterdam, as well as being less than one hour from other Belgian cities.

ReputationRep:
    I like LA, particularly Santa Monica and Hollywood. I like Chicago too, I think it's under-rated.
    Went to Vancouver this year and it's great, plus it's in BC so it's close to the lakes and mountains, much better than Ontario (or so I've heard). Haven't been to NYC yet, want to though.

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone saying London? London is boring, dull and big. Have you ever been? Its just houses. I had a random interest in London there for a while... but, man, that place = former shadow of its old self. I think like most british kids i grew up imagining the Olde London (about 500 years ago lol). All primary school history was about London events, like Tower of London, Great Fire, yaddayaddaya. Sadly it isn't like that today. I think if Shakespeare was here today he'd spit out his ale. Would you reeeally want to get the tube everyday? One trip and its like emerging from the coal pit.

New York for best city

ReputationRep:
    :zomg: I wan' go Moscow. Now their Underground= :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakko247)
    LOL are you serious? I can't think of a worse city to live in.
    Baghdad? Riyadh? Mexico City? Islammabad? Kabul? Wolverhampton? St Helen's? Addis Ababa?

ReputationRep:
    I quiet like Yellow Stone Park
    But that isnt a city :confused:

ReputationRep:
    BRIGHTON! Lived there my whole life and it's fantastic. Culturally diverse and buzzing with life! Woop.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.