Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

HELP. Building society roll number?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to apply for student finance (trying being the keyword here...).
    I know full well that Abbey is not a building society, therefore I know to leave the space completely blank, however, when I press 'next' it says:

"The bank details provided are invalid."

I know they're not, and I assume this is because I've left the space blank.

Can anyone help? Do I just give my account number instead?

ReputationRep:
    Bump? This is pretty important...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by briesandwich)
    I know full well that Abbey is not a building society, therefore I know to leave the space completely blank, however, when I press 'next' it says:

You'll need to give the account number and sort code, a roll number shouldn't be required for an Abbey (aka Santander) account. Have you tried that?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I've given my sort number and account number, and it still won't let me continue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by briesandwich)

hi i'm having the same problem now with abbey. I saw u did this in 2008- how did u sort it out in the end?

ReputationRep:
    It might be that it thinks the account number is too short. Try adding a 0 to the start.

ReputationRep:
    how did people solve this problem?!?

ReputationRep:
    Has no-one else with Abbey encountered this problem? Does anyone know how to solve it?

ReputationRep:
    i've got this problem too. thinking of calling the helpline in desperation...

ReputationRep:
    I'm with Loyds and had no problem. (no roll number either) Your sort code should be 6 numbers long and your account number should be 8 numbers long?

ReputationRep:
    I'm with Abbey and had no such problems

ReputationRep:
    yep yep now mines doing it.... it keeps taking away the 0 at the begining of the sort code how did you guys fix it?? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicola.Garner)
    yep yep now mines doing it.... it keeps taking away the 0 at the begining of the sort code how did you guys fix it?? x
    This is bizarre, as it did this to mine, but went through fine... WHAT IS WITH YOU, SYSTEM.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I had this problem aswell.

you only put in the first 8 numbers of your account number ...and leave your roll number blank

ReputationRep:
    i had this problem. you type the first 8 numbers of your account number not the extra two numbers

ReputationRep:
    Im having this problem now? anyway to sort it?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.