Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey.

I applied for medicine 2009 entry, and only got my 5th choice which was Biology at Southampton (BBB). Ive been at Soton for a few months now and i absolutely LOVE biology. So much that im thinking about taking it as a primary degree.

Which has got me thinking, I got 3.5 A's at Alevel, and loads of UCAS points from Music and Drama, about 550 in total. I was wondering whether i should reapply for some higher universities like Imperial and Cambridge, my UCAS level is above average and i know that i love the course.

Will admissions people look down on the fact that ive 'dropped out' of soton - even though its in pursuit of a more intense challenging degree?? Any opinions would be great

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slivra21)
    Will admissions people look down on the fact that ive 'dropped out' of soton - even though its in pursuit of a more intense challenging degree?? Any opinions would be great
    No, that's fine, make sure you're getting good grades in your current course though as they will look at that.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt Cambridge will accept you unless you did their “special” program and you have basically all A*’s in your GCSE’s and three A’s at a level. If you drop out you will have to pay back all your loans and grants with the loans typically being on a higher interest. You can get transferred though but I’m unsure how that system works. Best advice I can give you is to stick with your degree unless you’re not enjoying it. It may seem easy in the first year but the second and third years are a lot harder.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot guys. Lots to think about

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.