Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey guys, I posted a thread on here not too long ago about dropping out and reapplying to do another course elsewhere.

Well, I've sent off my UCAS application now, so that's all sorted just waiting for replies! I'm in the process of trying to sort out the finance issues at the moment. If there's anyone here who's also dropped out into their second year and gone to another university I was wondering if you could help, I have a few questions. To be clear, I've not actually dropped out of uni yet, I'm waiting to see if I get an unconditional for the universities I want to go to, and I wanna see how this finance situation pans out. If I can't fund my new degree then I'll stay at Loughborough.

1) I realise that dropping out this far in will mean that I'm only entitled to 2 years of funding, so I have to find my first year's tuition fees, but I should still get a maintenance loan, is that right?

2) Did you guys have to pay any of your living cost loan back?

3) Did you have to pay any bursaries you got from the university back?

Thanks for any replies, I have a meeting with the finance office tomorrow about it all but I wanted to hear first-hand how people coped!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.