My higher level subjects:
    Chemistry HL
    Biology HL
    Psychology HL

My standard level subjects:
    Swedish A1 SL
    English A2 SL
    Mathematics Studies SL

I don't really know what my options are here My maths studies is really limiting me from going into Medicine, which is something I really want to do. Or at least something that is close/related to medicine/biomedicine. Does anyone know what educations I can apply to? And do you think I can read some more maths after I finished IB and then apply to a university? I'm so lost

Anyone know what different educations are available for someone with my subjects? It doesn't have to be medicine-related.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...e_Requirements

I don't think you're too limited :3

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, it sounds so soppy but just follow your heart!
    Where are you hoping to study, in the UK?
    I'd say that it is definitely good to do math studies because it is so much easier than standard/higher so you will get higher IB grades overall, with more options of med schools. So yeah, I have friends who have done this and are now doing A level math to boost their grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...e_Requirements

I don't think you're too limited :3

oh thank you for the link! but where they don't mention maths, does it mean that it's OK to apply with maths studies? :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Viola~)
    Seriously, it sounds so soppy but just follow your heart!
    Where are you hoping to study, in the UK?
    I'd say that it is definitely good to do math studies because it is so much easier than standard/higher so you will get higher IB grades overall, with more options of med schools. So yeah, I have friends who have done this and are now doing A level math to boost their grades.
    haha aw thanks
    yea that's actually true, u have a point in that. and yeah I'm hoping to study in the UK, I just don't know where to apply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SwedenSappy)
    oh thank you for the link! but where they don't mention maths, does it mean that it's OK to apply with maths studies? :O
    If they don't specify it, then I'd assume either was fine... you might want to contact admissions for the universities in question to doublecheck though, just to be safe.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.