Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ok I am a second year BA Geography student and I feel that I could have done better on 2 of the exams I have just taken in the last week simply because I have let the work pile up on top of me.

I have promised to myself that I will not let this happen again and really put the work in, in future since I usually get a 2:1 in essays.

I hope to finish my third with a 2:1 degree, but I am just wondering if a third in lets say a couple of modules could seriously effect my chances of this aim because I have maybe messed up one or 2 exams in the first semester.

I hope to hear some response from third year students and pass students that may hopefully relieve my huge anxiety at the moment.

each uni is different

but at there we do your % mark which you need like 59.5% for a 2.1

then they look at credits, if you pass 150 credits at 2.1 and get no more than 90 at a 3rd or fail then your awarded a 2.1

I'm a second year as well, so can't be much help there but don't panic! You may have done better in the exams than you thought, I wouldnt be too concerned until you find out.
    What I've found helpful is setting myself targets of revision and so I have an even load and do a certain amount each day.
    Have you got a library you can study in? I'm so much more productive when im not at home! It could help
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.