Turn on thread page Beta

Red face in winter grrrr...! watch

Everyday in winter when I walk to school, I always get a bright red face, mainly on my cheeks and nose.
    Whats worse is I have a few spot scars when don't look noticable when my face is normal, but after being out in the cold they go purple and look awful.
    I wear a light foundation, but it doesnt seem to help. I was wondering what other people do to stop this! None of my friends seems to have that flushed faces, and no one has such a red nose as me aggh.

I dont want to clog up my face with lots of foundation, advice please?

ReputationRep:
    maybe you need to try and find the silver lining to this cloud, don't look at it as a disability, instead think about all the doors this could open for you.
    Your jolly red face might make you perfect for career opportunities impersonating santa claus.

(Original post by Arkady)
    maybe you need to try and find the silver lining to this cloud, don't look at it as a disability, instead think about all the doors this could open for you.
    Your jolly red face might make you perfect for career opportunities impersonating santa claus.
    Ive been called rudolph a few times I don't mind my cheeks so much, just my nose :/

ReputationRep:
    My face flushes red all over in the cold too OP. I don't do anything about it, I wear minimal makeup as I kind of roll out of bed in time for my lectures and that's about all I can manage before coffee and the afternoon! I don't know what to suggest, I can offer sympathy though. I'd much rather my face flushed than I got eczema like my friend does, as she says it's v. painful - so I just count my blessings.

You could take a small concealer stick to school with you to cover up the scars? or a small pot of foundation.

ReputationRep:
    Put on a Darth Vader mask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkyrocker)
    I'd much rather my face flushed than I got eczema like my friend does, as she says it's v. painful - so I just count my blessings.
    I get both :emo:

I thought red face in the cold happened to everyone....?

ReputationRep:
    Oh and by the way scars on a woman are totally hot, they demonstrate that you are a badass capable of defending my offspring from predators.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Scarf? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Just wear a balaclava; it offers both heat and concealment.

Big win!

But don't carry the gun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Everyday in winter when I walk to school, I always get a bright red face, mainly on my cheeks and nose.
    Whats worse is I have a few spot scars when don't look noticable when my face is normal, but after being out in the cold they go purple and look awful.
    I wear a light foundation, but it doesnt seem to help. I was wondering what other people do to stop this! None of my friends seems to have that flushed faces, and no one has such a red nose as me aggh.

I dont want to clog up my face with lots of foundation, advice please?
    I get a red face in winter, but I also have a condition called Rosacea, which can be caused by one of two things I think - blood vessels being too close to the surface or a skin sensitivity to a bacteria that we all have on our faces. Mine's caused by the later, so I have an antibiotic cream to put on when it really flares up. The other treatment is a steroid cream to reduce the blood vessels I think.

For people who have it, it shows up as redness mostly around the nose and cheeks, with less on the chin and forehead. It comes with dry skin and blister like spots too.

Have you tried a mineral foundation to cover it? I use Lily Lolo - inexpensive, and lasts for ages. Much better for your skin, and I get great coverage - and I am painfully pale too. Make sure you moisturise really well too. Something like Simple is a great brand if you have sensitive skin.

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lust of a Gardener)
    But don't carry the gun!
    DO carry the gun, it's just further evidence that you are ready and willing to defend any potential offspring with lethal force when necessary and that you are the sort of rough and ready lass who isn't afraid of getting a few scars in the process.
    I also have to point out that if you're packing some serious heat, NOBODY is going to be looking at your red face when they're staring down the barrel of your gun.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.