Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    alright

i'm male - i often shave my head to grade 1 (next up from shaved completely) and my mum n gf dislike it quite a lot!

its very practical and i think looks good but gf n mum say it don't!
    dad n that dont seem to mind though.

what do you people think? any alternatives to completely short?

thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hammers91)
    alright

i'm male - i often shave my head to grade 1 (next up from shaved completely) and my mum n gf dislike it quite a lot!

its very practical and i think looks good but gf n mum say it don't!
    dad n that dont seem to mind though.

what do you people think? any alternatives to completely short?

thank you
    Not completely short?

:/

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't great on Britney Spears...

ReputationRep:
    Most people don't look good with shaved heads. Trust your mum and gf on this one.

ReputationRep:
    Shaved heads are hot as **** :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a similar boat.

My parents hate the shaved head, GF loves it and I love it, although sometimes when I grow it I like that too.

What I tend to do is shave it to a number 2, keep it this way with a few trims each week, and then just simply let it grow for a few weeks as I want to see how I will look with longer hair.

At around the stage when it is about a number 5, I feel that it's too long, have no idea what to do with it, and shave it again.

Repeat the process.

If you like it, so what?

ReputationRep:
    Shaved heads are chavvy, so no. The alternative is letting it grow out, which probably look much better. Although if you're someone who doesn't really wash then I would keep it shaved. Shaved looks better than greasy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBez)
    I'm in a similar boat.

My parents hate the shaved head, GF loves it and I love it, although sometimes when I grow it I like that too.

What I tend to do is shave it to a number 2, keep it this way with a few trims each week, and then just simply let it grow for a few weeks as I want to see how I will look with longer hair.

At around the stage when it is about a number 5, I feel that it's too long, have no idea what to do with it, and shave it again.

Repeat the process.

If you like it, so what?
    thats spot on - i'm at the stage where id have to start styling it but i cant be arsed shaving it seems so much easier!

you're lucky your gf likes it, mine doesn't

ReputationRep:
    Just do whatever you feel the best.

Personally I suit it, I look like a cross between Brad Pitt, Channing Tatum and Paul Walker, so I'm cool. Ha.

Longer hair makes me look much younger than what I am anyway.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.