Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    alright

i'm male - i often shave my head to grade 1 (next up from shaved completely) and my mum n gf dislike it quite a lot!

its very practical and i think looks good but gf n mum say it don't!
    dad n that dont seem to mind though.

what do you people think? any alternatives to completely short?

thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hammers91)
    alright

i'm male - i often shave my head to grade 1 (next up from shaved completely) and my mum n gf dislike it quite a lot!

its very practical and i think looks good but gf n mum say it don't!
    dad n that dont seem to mind though.

what do you people think? any alternatives to completely short?

thank you
    Not completely short?

:/

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't great on Britney Spears...

ReputationRep:
    Most people don't look good with shaved heads. Trust your mum and gf on this one.

ReputationRep:
    Shaved heads are hot as **** :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a similar boat.

My parents hate the shaved head, GF loves it and I love it, although sometimes when I grow it I like that too.

What I tend to do is shave it to a number 2, keep it this way with a few trims each week, and then just simply let it grow for a few weeks as I want to see how I will look with longer hair.

At around the stage when it is about a number 5, I feel that it's too long, have no idea what to do with it, and shave it again.

Repeat the process.

If you like it, so what?

ReputationRep:
    Shaved heads are chavvy, so no. The alternative is letting it grow out, which probably look much better. Although if you're someone who doesn't really wash then I would keep it shaved. Shaved looks better than greasy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBez)
    I'm in a similar boat.

My parents hate the shaved head, GF loves it and I love it, although sometimes when I grow it I like that too.

What I tend to do is shave it to a number 2, keep it this way with a few trims each week, and then just simply let it grow for a few weeks as I want to see how I will look with longer hair.

At around the stage when it is about a number 5, I feel that it's too long, have no idea what to do with it, and shave it again.

Repeat the process.

If you like it, so what?
    thats spot on - i'm at the stage where id have to start styling it but i cant be arsed shaving it seems so much easier!

you're lucky your gf likes it, mine doesn't

ReputationRep:
    Just do whatever you feel the best.

Personally I suit it, I look like a cross between Brad Pitt, Channing Tatum and Paul Walker, so I'm cool. Ha.

Longer hair makes me look much younger than what I am anyway.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.