The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I didn't come into contact with any during my three years at university.

Obviously, you could tell which people used them, but I never saw any myself.
Reply 2
I know alot of people at university that smoke weed, alot of Arabs smoke it aswell...
Reply 3
My flatmate's boyfriend smokes weed, and one of my school friends who I've pretty much lost contact with has apparently gone off the rails. Apart from that I've never noticed anything :dontknow:
Reply 4
Drugs were everywhere when i was at uni
Reply 5
I've been to two universities.
First (Swansea) didn't see any drugs except once or twice, second (Aberystwyth) saw loads, police even searched my neighbours room.:p:

Although I guess Aberystwyth is quite a hippy place, and has lower entry requirements.
NW86

So much so, that if you don't do them, they kick you out :eek:
Reply 7
Wardy23
I got offers from both of them but declined in favour of Exeter and Southampton. I declined Sussex as well which is allegedly a bit of a ghetto for Ketamine users and Potheads.

hahaha i can vouch for this! it's actually really quite irritating; drugs don't bother me either way but it sometimes feels as though very few people actually have other hobbies/interests. :rolleyes:
Reply 8
fortysixandtwo
So much so, that if you don't do them, they kick you out :eek:

fact.
Reply 9
my uni is going to be rife with rifles, "no dat"
Reply 10
NW86

ahh the 70's

Nevasleep

Although I guess Aberystwyth is quite a hippy place, and has lower entry requirements.

From what i can see you're implying that people who take drugs do not perform as well at A Level, two of my friends got AAAA at AS level and both smoke weed?
I don't think casual drug taking is related in any way to academic sucess.
Reply 12
I have yet to go to uni. And I like what I'm reading :biggrin:
Popppppy
From what i can see you're implying that people who take drugs do not perform as well at A Level, two of my friends got AAAA at AS level and both smoke weed?
I don't think casual drug taking is related in any way to academic sucess.

Stereotypically, its the people who do badly in school who are generally drug users. Thats not to say the people doing well don't, but they are less likely to.
callum9999
Stereotypically, its the people who do badly in school who are generally drug users. Thats not to say the people doing well don't, but they are less likely to.

Stereotypically, it's the people prone to stereotyping who are most likely to do drugs.

:p:
is not some crazy old druggie place uni
clearly if you go looking you will found them, but really it dosn't matter its not in your face, they are not pushed on to you
Reply 16
Wardy23
I got offers from both of them but declined in favour of Exeter and Southampton. I declined Sussex as well which is allegedly a bit of a ghetto for Ketamine users and Potheads.

Im at Sussex, I love the university but unfortunately this generalisation is the truth for the most part. One of my flatmates is constantly of his head on meph and ketamin. Weed also everywhere. You can't buy spirits on campus and a lot of people say it is easier to buy drugs then alcohol on campus. Drives me mental - what a complete waste of money and time!
I can often smell weed in corridors at my student flats, but other than that I've not come into direct contact with any drugs.
caffee
Im at Sussex, I love the university but unfortunately this generalisation is the truth for the most part. One of my flatmates is constantly of his head on meph and ketamin. Weed also everywhere. You can't buy spirits on campus and a lot of people say it is easier to buy drugs then alcohol on campus. Drives me mental - what a complete waste of money and time!

If drugs are a complete waste of time and money, then surely you agree alcohol is a complete waste of time and money..?

To the op - Depends where you go, any city, like here in bristol, you will find drugs. Drugs are everywhere here, but it's not like you have to do them just cause your at uni, many choose to do drugs, many do not.. personal choice really. But, i'd say 90% of the students i've met smoke weed, but then again, most people seem to anyway.
Reply 19
students love cheap highs

Latest

Trending

Trending