Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you drink at clubs and how much? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm going out in a few months clubbing for the first time, and just wondered what everyone has for a drink? and how much?
    Can someone recommend me one, I like fruity drinks, nothing that tastes too much like alcohol

Also, if your a girl, do guys ever buy you drinks if you dont know them? Just wondering cause my friend said when she went clubbing the other night, this guy bought her 3 friends a drink :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I usually drink Vodka/Rum and Diet Coke but that will taste alcohol-y. Fruity? Might like to try a cocktail but be warned they can be very expensive (up here anyway).

Prices vary really but expect to pay between £1.50-£3.50 for a normal drink, but most places have some sort of offers on where people sticker you to death when you go outside.

I'd drink before so you're not spending tonnes on drink.
    Yes, guys do offer to buy you drinks but I'm pretty wary and don't accept them.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the above comment, i usually have like a quater bottle of voda before so I'm nice and merry.
    For you I would recomment an alcopop because you dont sound like a heavy drinker and alcopops are usually a resonable price depending on where you go.
    If you looking good guys will probably offer you drinks, I usually get free shots from the barmen and if i know any bouncers, the majority of times when im in a club looks good guys offer me drinks and ill accept if i dont feel to drunk already lol
    If a guy isnt offering you a drink then dance on them really nicely then when theyre all in to it stop dancing and say your thursty...its a garenteed drink haha

hope this helped

p.s. dont get too drunk or you may be kicked out.

ReputationRep:
    Malibu and diet coke everytime my parents think that it tastes like suncream though lol.

ReputationRep:
    I just have vodka and orange or vodka and lemonade generally... this is because 'my club' has Poundance on a Wednesday, where entry and all drinks are £1 up until midnight (except double spirits which are £2), so I usually get like 3 singles and a double or two as soon as I get in, carry those round and drink them and then I'm fine for the night!

... I look like such a skank for the first bit though where I'm struggling to hold all my beverages, hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananacake14)
    Malibu and diet coke everytime my parents think that it tastes like suncream though lol.
    Sounds interesting, I might try it out at home to see if I like it I love Malibu though, with lemonade or pineapple juice

ReputationRep:
    well i went out for the first time on fri for my 18th
    we drank before we went out
    had a couple of wkd's then after that vodka and coke malibu and coke and some yummy cocktails !
    cost depends on where we went 1 place was all drinks for 1.50 then other places was like £8.50 for a round of 3
    well my friends told me before we went out dont accept drinks off boys you meet only takes a second and they could slip something into it

ReputationRep:
    It's easy to get into clubs here, in Spain, I've been going since I was sixteen or so. I understand that out measure are A LOT bigger than yours, too. One of our measures is three measures of your apparently? Anyway; for starters at a bar or something, I usually have some shots- tequila, sambuca, concha-lima, vodka-lime, etc. Move onto beer or cider. Then when we go proper clubbing, I move onto vodka and rum and others. It's just 'cause I'm used to the alcohol by now anyway. DON'T drink too much on your first night out. Mind you, it's not a real party until someone passes out, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaniLou17)
    well i went out for the first time on fri for my 18th
    we drank before we went out
    had a couple of wkd's then after that vodka and coke malibu and coke and some yummy cocktails !
    cost depends on where we went 1 place was all drinks for 1.50 then other places was like £8.50 for a round of 3
    well my friends told me before we went out dont accept drinks off boys you meet only takes a second and they could slip something into it
    Sounds fun Did you enjoy the night?

ReputationRep:
    I drink cider but that's because my town has the most amazing cider bar. It usually a quid or two a pint. Guys have bought me drinks occasionally but I never accept them unless i'm at the bar ordering it and it never enters their hands (in case it's poisoned :ninja:). Some of my friends always get free drinks though.

ReputationRep:
    Gin and tonic is delightfully refreshing and you can hardly taste the alcohol.

I once made malibu and diet coke with my friend and we BOTH spit it out. I'd never tasted anything that disgusting in my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowplay)
    Gin and tonic is delightfully refreshing and you can hardly taste the alcohol.
    Definitely, can't go wrong with a G&T...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeeGRANT)
    Mind you, it's not a real party until someone passes out, anyway.
    I don't know why this made me laugh as much as it did!
    repped

ReputationRep:
    nice fruity drinks are archers and lemonade and malibu and coke/lemonade. Tend to be a bit more than alcopops but nicer...

Guys can buy you drinks but don't rely on it... it just looks cheap in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I try to drink lots before I go out these days.

I like drinking beer at home, in bars and in pubs but never in clubs.

I stick to Alcopops (Blue/Lemon/Cherry) and spirits with mixers. I occasionally have a few cheeky shots of Vodka, Sambuca and Jagermeister.

Alcopops because they're cheap and easy to carry round in bottles without spilling due to drunkenness/people knocking into you. Spirits and mixers are a bit more expensive but get you drunk faster. I avoid beers because they often rip you off. They assume they are rarely purchased and people who buy them will be men too scared to let themselves look weakened by a price.

ReputationRep:
    Just don't drink treble gin and lemonade. This girl gave me on the other day and I just thought it was Vodka, one of the worst things i've tasted.

ReputationRep:
    usually its double vodka redbull
    or double vodka lemonade

or corona/desperado

and sambuca, sometimes sourz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Just don't drink treble gin and lemonade. This girl gave me on the other day and I just thought it was Vodka, one of the worst things i've tasted.
    Yeah gin tastes awful on its own (and apparently with lemonade ), I once ordered "gin" in a club, I was too drunk to add "& tonic". I was given just gin and it blew my drunken mind away.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely malibu and pineapple, though it doesn't really get me drunk, no spirits seem to. If I'm planning to get drunk then I drink wine, it becomes a very cheap night out as well because I only need a few large glasses to become very very merry! However, I'm off wine for a while after getting carried away and drinking through about 2.5 bottles on my own in the space of 3 hours (I didn't think I'd drunk quite that much, my limit is usually 1-1.5 bottles) and making myself very very ill!

ReputationRep:
    I normally drink Jack Daniels and Coke. Mmmmm
    It's normally £2 - £4 depends on where. I've never had it for a quid

If I'm drinking to get sloshed, and knowing I'll have a massive hangover it's straight on the red wine.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.