Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right, so, I've got an email from them saying they're inviting me for an interview and since I'm from another country I don't have to do it, I can just send them my work and an essay of 500 words. Now I have some issues I'd really love some help with.

1.) Is it better to do an interview in person or just send them my work?

2.) Are there any guidelines for Norwich graphic design, BA(hons) that tell you what a portfolio should include? Because I can't seem to find any.

3.) How do I respond to the email (okay I know this one is stupid), but...should I immediatly respond, or wait till I have all the information I have to give them and then respond?

4.) Anything else you want to share (:?

Thanks a lot (:

ReputationRep:
    Oh and also, could someone tell me if I have a chance in hell (I've applied to year 0 btw), judging by some of these. It'd help a lot to get some opinions.

Link
    Link
    Link
    Link
    Link
    Link
    Link
    Link
    Link

ReputationRep:
    If you are confident person and you can beck up what you do well, ofcourse it's better to have an interview... but if you're very quite and shy, its better to send it.

I've applied for BA hons Illustration in there (already got place, just need to get merit) so don't know what they want to see, but in the college we (illustrators) work together with graphic design students, and they have to do a tones of different stuff. It's good what you already have, but you need to think outside the box, aka: do stuff on paper, do collages, do loads of them and experiment as much as possible, they want to see an open mind. Dont show them only those works that you did on Photoshop.

I suggest that if you send them your stuff, you should write comments with them as well, mention them names of the people that you like that inspires you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 9, 2010

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.