Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

does any one hate their personality ?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i really do and it disturbs me on a daily basis.

I'm really quiet and do not talk much. I also find it hard to get on well with people straight away and i'm awkard around new people and this really annoys me as i there is so much i wanna do and these things are holding me back.

do you think personaity is something you can change or literally someone that you are and should get used to ? Does anyone hate their on personality or feels like it's holding them back??

ReputationRep:
    I think you and your personality need to have a good heart-to-heart chat, and you need to tell it to buck its ideas up. Also, just drink alcohol constantly and that would have the desired effect, just keep yourself mildly drunk at all times.

ReputationRep:
    no im fine with mine =) and you can always change your personality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKin2U)
    no im fine with mine =) and you can always change your personality
    Agreed.

If you don't like it, you CAN change it.

ReputationRep:
    You sound the same as me OP :/

Just practice talking a lot more, to people you're really comfortable with. Then when you meet new people you won't feel as bad.

ReputationRep:
    I find that personality traits can hold you back sometimes, but yes, they can be changed. Although in your case, being quiet isn't a problem, it's simply something where you need to find people who enjoy the company of someone quieter, if everyone was loud, no-one could hear themselves think.

ReputationRep:
    sound like me !!! it can be annoying specially when we go for a night out i have to get drunk before im chatty with new people can be annoying
    some people i can click with and others i just get really shy its really annoying !

ReputationRep:
    I think most people on a daily/weekly/monthly 'hate' something about them selves. I don't think its your personality you hate, because you are you it's probably more to with issues you may have, or something about yourself you'd like to change. Of course only you can do this, but i will say having a positive outlook will 'change your personality'. Sending out good karma will by its very nature be resiprocated and thus the karma circle begins. Make those first initial steps (small ones) and you'll get there, as for confidence just throw yourself in !! it feels great :0)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaniLou17)
    sound like me !!! it can be annoying specially when we go for a night out i have to get drunk before im chatty with new people can be annoying
    some people i can click with and others i just get really shy its really annoying !
    yup this is me drinking before i can be chatty lol

I find myself irritating. And I dislike the ever-present side of me which is determined to wallow in self-pity, because frankly it's pathetic.

Look I'm doing it now :p:

I try to change.. but it's not so easy not being yourself. Wears you down and then you just feel a little bit crap for not succeeding.

Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tweety_2479)
    i really do and it disturbs me on a daily basis.

I'm really quiet and do not talk much. I also find it hard to get on well with people straight away and i'm awkard around new people and this really annoys me as i there is so much i wanna do and these things are holding me back.

do you think personaity is something you can change or literally someone that you are and should get used to ? Does anyone hate their on personality or feels like it's holding them back??
    If you recognise a flaw in your personality, the normal person would think... AH right, something I need to work on, perhaps change about myself

OR

They'd accept who they are and if people can't accept it, they can GTFO

Normal people wouldn't come to an internet forum for advice... You just get cocky remarks like this one

ReputationRep:
    I'm quiet and awkward around new people too. When I started at university I had a good long look in the mirror and took a deep breath before leaving my room, all smiles and confidence. After a while the fake confidence wore off and was replaced by real confidence.

Anyway, I love me. The only thing about my personality I don't like is my laziness.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I wish I was more emotional and fell in love and stuff, but then I realise that would be more painful and irrational :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I mostly hate my laziness and tendency to procrastinate when it comes to anything. Also, I am forgetful and disorganised.

ReputationRep:
    I feel exactly the same way - even when I do get a bit louder and more confident I dont like mayself/ how I act etc. It's not that easy to change.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair I'm a ****. I fluctuate between euphoria and depression. But I'd prefer this than much of the blandness like "omfg I luv sex and gettin drunk <3 <3 lmao".

Like Eskimo Jo I'm a procrastinator too. Well procrastinator is a 21st century for a lazy couch potato who oversleeps, spends far too much time on the web and owns an XBox. :awesome: Nah I'm joking.

We're all different though and you must like your own personality. If you don't that's really sad.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I think I have no personality :laugh:

I want one :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    I mostly hate my laziness and tendency to procrastinate when it comes to anything. Also, I am forgetful and disorganised.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...lies/ditto.gif
    Marry me Liq! :love:

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't worry about it too much.

We all have things about ourselves which we dislike, but by acknowledging them and being conscience about them, it will change over time.

By nature, I am actually quite shy and introverted, and spent much of my early 20's worrying about this, but most people who meet me now would not have me down as shy or introverted!

Do things which will introduce you to lots of people. It sounds strange, but the more you push yourself into things which feel uncomfortable, the more you will end up feeling ok with it. Good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.