x Turn on thread page Beta

does any one hate their personality ?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Marry me Liq! :love:
    Leave it till tomorrow, I cba tonight :o:

ReputationRep:
    Take a bat, and beat your personality until it stops being such a wuss.

ReputationRep:
    i'm struggling to understand how you can hate your own personality?

ReputationRep:
    i like who i am, except for the parts where i get a teeny bit too jealous and paranoid sometimes, and im lazy too but hey mcdonalds always needs employees so its all good

ReputationRep:
    I hate my personality when I am around the person I *like*. It's always that awful thing of analysing your behaviour afterwards and just wanting to strangle yourself.

And I find my personality seems to change on the outside (obv it stays the same on the inside) depending on who I'm with. I can be loud, quiet, geeky, cool, funny, boring...
    (Oh god..now I have that Mika song in my head..."I can be brown, I can be blue, I can be VIOLET SKY!")

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    :ditto:
    ME TOO!!!

also, i find myself really annoying, so i wouldnt worry about hating yourself. everyone does at somepoint!

ReputationRep:
    I wish i was slightly more confident but apart from that i'm quite happy with it.

ReputationRep:
    Hate is a strong word but I do dislike my personality sometimes...
    I'm so overly sensitive, get angry/worked up quickly, don't think before I act on my anger, love too much n too easily. Also I can be obsessive and think too much into things.
    Omg this thread is making me hate myself haha

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes
    Sometimes I feel really awkward and clumsy and if I'm contemplative, I go into a daze and walk into people really heavily haha. It makes me feel like a hippo or something :facepalm: And I hate it when I am shy. I'm usually fine but sometimes I get shy which is so strange! Then I go into contemplative mode and walk into people haha :laugh:
    Plus, I wish I was more confident and wittier.

(Original post by tweety_2479)
    i really do and it disturbs me on a daily basis.

I'm really quiet and do not talk much. I also find it hard to get on well with people straight away and i'm awkard around new people and this really annoys me as i there is so much i wanna do and these things are holding me back.

do you think personaity is something you can change or literally someone that you are and should get used to ? Does anyone hate their on personality or feels like it's holding them back??
    Don't be too harsh on yourself. Write down the changes you want to make within yourself and slowly start making these changes. I say 'slowly', because you cannot expect to wake up one day and suddenly be talkative and bubbly.

I think starting uni/ sixth form (whichever applies to you) would be a good start.
    I've seen it happen, my sister was the quietest person on earth and no-one outside my family could get a word out of her normally :p: But when she moved to a new school, she completely changed - got the attitude, confidence etc.
    Even if it feels bit hard for you, just continue - fake your confidence till you make it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Leave it till tomorrow, I cba tonight http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/o.gif
    Me either tbh. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I'm seven shades of awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I laugh too much :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    its def not that easy to change as people are saying it, much easier said than done. I think it will take quite a bit of time. One thing that always helps me is wen u want to be confident, make urself belive that u are confident rather than ur trying to be,, if it makes sense, it works!

ReputationRep:
    hmm I wouldn't say I hate my personality, I often hate how I feel I come accross to others though, because I feel that they're not seeing the real me, as I'm often quite reserved around new people. I also dislike the fact that I'm lazy and always worry about things too much.

ReputationRep:
    I hate two of my personalities, but my third and final one is okay I guess. Apart from the homicidal part of it, that's not entirely good.

ReputationRep:
    There are aspects about me which need improvement - self confidence for example - but fundamentally I'm happy with who I am.

ReputationRep:
    I'm negative and lack empathy with other people, which can make me quite unhappy and lonely.

But there are tangential other qualities which I do like about myself - being rational, and never excessively emotional - which probably exist because of the above.

Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it when people constantly puts themselves down on a regular basis.

ReputationRep:
    Annoyingly i fall in love too easy :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.