Turn on thread page Beta

How old were you when you first got drunk? watch

• View Poll Results: How old were you when you first got drunk?
    16.88%
    14-16
    40.92%
    16-18
    24.04%
    18-20
    5.63%
    20+
    1.02%
    Never
    11.51%

ReputationRep:
      The fact I got drunk means I have no recollection of when I first got drunk. Is that bad?

Well, the first time I got real drunk drunk was probably just before uni.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by IdRagThat)
      Goon you ruined my poll,now I have to start over :eek:
      Erm, sorry :getmecoat:

Your poll isn't that helpful anyway since a lot of the options run over, like I said before with choosing 16.

ReputationRep:
      The first and only time I was 17

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ily_em)
      Erm, sorry :getmecoat:

Your poll isn't that helpful anyway since a lot of the options run over, like I said before with choosing 16.

simmer down i was joking

ReputationRep:
      17 at a friend's 18th

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Frieza)
      Allow little kids to buy booze, and let natural selection do its course.

I'm 26, never been drunk, never will be.
      Think thats a little heavy.

I don't agree with all this minimum price on certain alcohols etc though. If somebody wants to drink they will drink and there is no practical way of making alcohol totally inaccessible. In that light the best thing to do is discourage drinking in the same way say smoking is discouraged and leave the ultimate decision up to the individual (or parents if they're minors) rather than to waste money on pointless and disruptive regulations.

ReputationRep:
      Properly drunk? 21

ReputationRep:
      17 years and 3 months

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by mathew551)
      I was quite tipsy one time when I was 15. After all the drinking I really needed to go, so I pissed on a step.
      I pissed onto train tracks once-:ninja: (could have ended badly)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by IceDiveFresh)
      Think thats a little heavy.

I don't agree with all this minimum price on certain alcohols etc though. If somebody wants to drink they will drink and there is no practical way of making alcohol totally inaccessible. In that light the best thing to do is discourage drinking in the same way say smoking is discouraged and leave the ultimate decision up to the individual (or parents if they're minors) rather than to waste money on pointless and disruptive regulations.

My dad who sells **** says since the discouragement of them, there is more youths smoking them than ever. He says he has never been so busy selling them.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by theronkinator)
      17, but I'm late at everything. I can remember the month and where.
      i'm laterrr than you! :sigh:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jessaay!)
      The fact I got drunk means I have no recollection of when I first got drunk. Is that bad?

Well, the first time I got real drunk drunk was probably just before uni.
      What? You mean you don't even remember the year? Sounds to me like you have a problem ma'am. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by IdRagThat)
      My dad who sells **** says since the discouragement of them, there is more youths smoking them than ever. He says he has never been so busy selling them.
      Well no offence intended, but theres pretty solid evidence that significantly less people smoke now than say 50 years ago that contrasts with your dads anecdotal study and I doubt he was selling cigarettes to youths before the discouragement to compare the figures anyway.

ReputationRep:
      I was 18... amusingly though your poll is useless as i can vote for either 18 option i like.

ReputationRep:
      17. It was my best friend's 18th birthday and I drank all of the vodka, laughed uproariously at the advert for that album by The Priests, wrote on my arm 'this is why peopell drink', threw up my fish and chips, and then fell asleep on the settee before we could watch an episode of Peep Show. Let it never be said that I don't know how to have a good time

ReputationRep:
      16 or 17, on a class trip. Twice since at Uni. I prefer tipsy. :-)

ReputationRep:
      Only on TSR would <13 get so few votes :facepalm:
      I think I was about 11.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by IceDiveFresh)
      Well no offence intended, but theres pretty solid evidence that significantly less people smoke now than say 50 years ago that contrasts with your dads anecdotal study and I doubt he was selling cigarettes to youths before the discouragement to compare the figures anyway.

What do you mean? He has sold them for like 30 years. He has sold more than ever in these last few years.
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      PS Helper
      New Years Eve 2009.

So in otherwords, less than a month ago, but I'm 16 in 4 days so I can just say, Yehhh..back when I was 15 I got properly "car-parked" .

ReputationRep:
      Age 17. Parents were away so my friends and I decided to try all the alcohol in the house. There was quite a lot.

Submit reply
    Turn on thread page Beta
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.