Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How old were you when you first got drunk? watch

• View Poll Results: How old were you when you first got drunk?
    <13
    16.88%
    14-16
    40.92%
    16-18
    24.04%
    18-20
    5.63%
    20+
    1.02%
    Never
    11.51%

ReputationRep:
    15 at a (older) friend's birthday party, I got a lift home from the mum and felt so guilty during it.

ReputationRep:
    16, for my friends birthday, she was drinking for the first time too and she ended up going to hospital, she nearly died

what an eventful night that was

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    My Dad used to let me have little sips of his beer when i was like 6 or 7 :|

Did i get drunk off it? I don't remember. Says a lot.

ReputationRep:
    15, then threw it all up. Yay, cheap cider! Mixed with.. goodness knows what.

ReputationRep:
    Nearly said 16, but then I remebered drinking one can of Carlsberg or something at a friend's house at least a year before and feeling pretty drunk off that, so probably 15.

ReputationRep:
    at 15 i got pretty drunk, on my 16th birthday i got absolutely blazed and vomited everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frieza)
    Allow little kids to buy booze, and let natural selection do its course.

I'm 26, never been drunk, never will be.
    Bundle of fun you must be.

ReputationRep:
    I had my first drink at 13.

I got pished for the 1st time at 16.

ReputationRep:
    I first got "tipsy" aged 16, year 11 leavers day.

I haven't really been any more than very tipsy ever since- I can't seem to get drunk without feeling extremely sick xD

ReputationRep:
    16, and quite spectacularly - on a mix of absinthe, chartreuse, vodka [as a mixer :facepalm:] and lime cordial.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    8 at my cousin's 18th- i thought her "lemonade" tasted nice and every time she pt it down id finish it before people noticed- needless to say my mum and aunt noticed as i was wandering round drunkenly!

ReputationRep:
    I drank a little bit a couple of times before I turned 18 but not much.
    My 18th was the first time I got truely drunk.

ReputationRep:
    When I was 7 apparantly new years eve 1999 I went round all the tables at the party we were at and drank about 5 glasses of champagne :erm:

Properly I was 13 although the first time I was sick from drinking was when I tried downing a pint, which was half cider and half sambuca, so not cool or elegent

ReputationRep:
    14. Went on holiday - all inclusive so all the cocktails, shots and beer were free. You can guess the rest lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    When I was 7 apparantly new years eve 1999 I went round all the tables at the party we were at and drank about 5 glasses of champagne :erm:

Properly I was 13 although the first time I was sick from drinking was when I tried downing a pint, which was half cider and half sambuca, so not cool or elegent
    thats the way to role!! :cool:

ymm cant remeber when, probs at year 7 while camping at birthdays, but wouldnt say I got KO'd till I was in year 12!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    15. I never really did the whole 'tipsy' thing. Once I started drinking I started drinking epically.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.