Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Change university but family problems effecting my choices watch

ReputationRep:
    I am currently a first year student studying law and business but want to change course to criminology single honours, but the uni that i am at now only does criminology as a combined subject.

The problem is my dad is terminally ill and so i dont want to move too far away from home as i don't know how things will effect me at a later date. Am too scared to tell my parents that i am not enjoying my course and worried how my mum and sister will react knowing that both my Dad and I won't be at home if i did move away.

I want to be there for my mum and sister and as selfish as it sounds i want to make the most out of uni aswell, but the closest universities that do criminology as single subject are at least an hour away! And a closer university approx 40mins is asking for ABB and i onli have BBB.

I am thinking of using criminology as a back up if i dont do well this year I am allowed to still apply through ucas and not tell the other universitites that am still attending a university or should i just drop out if am not enjoying the course?

I am really confussed !!!

I would really appreciate any thoughts/advice, thank you!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.