Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please help!
    I need to make / buy something cute (and cheap!) for my boyfriend for valentines day.
    I was thinking of making something like this : http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/bo...a_comic_chair_

what do you think?
    but have no idea where i'd get a cheap chair like that?!

And then i wanted to get some Krispy Kremes but they dont do delivery and my nearest shop is about 100 miles away! Eek.. Ideas?!

Does anyone have any other ideas?

xx

ReputationRep:
    just try seond hand shop for the shair and redeisgn yourself
    as for the krispy keremes... tesco near my house does it.. maybe there's a tesco nearby, you can ring them up. Selfridges have them as well

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, let me think on this. How much would you be thinking of spending/ how good are you at making things?

ReputationRep:
    How about making him a photo album of you guys?

ReputationRep:
    thats a £345 chair?!

Bloody hell luv, you the daughter of a premiership footballer or something? Most of us peasants settle with a box of chocolates!

Ar well, i'm probs taking the gf out somewhere, do that pretty much every year because it is something we enjoy together :p:

£345 chair (even 2nd hand) or a trip to blackpool or such a place? My moneys on the pool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie2310)
    Please help!
    I need to make / buy something cute (and cheap!) for my boyfriend for valentines day.
    I was thinking of making something like this : http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/bo...a_comic_chair_

what do you think?
    but have no idea where i'd get a cheap chair like that?!

And then i wanted to get some Krispy Kremes but they dont do delivery and my nearest shop is about 100 miles away! Eek.. Ideas?!

Does anyone have any other ideas?

xx

how about inviting him round for the evening, make him a really posh meal, decorate the table, make the room all romantic with candles and paper hearts, and then rent a movie and share a big tub of ben and jerrys :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daytona01)
    thats a £345 chair?!

Bloody hell luv, you the daughter of a premiership footballer or something? Most of us peasants settle with a box of chocolates!
    lol I'd never buy it.. i just think its cute and i'd love to make something like it...if i could get hold of a chair!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOTEK)
    Hmmm, let me think on this. How much would you be thinking of spending/ how good are you at making things?
    max about £35... Im not too bad... Got a sewing machine, staple gun etc!
    Do you have any good ideas?!
    xx
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Sexual treats.

ReputationRep:
    Someone's an eager beaver, it aint february the 13th yet, no need for buying gifts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Sexual treats.
    bang on the money

ReputationRep:
    A chair like that should cost £5 at most I should think, go round junk shops etc. Fabric to recover the seat a similar price, then whatever comics cost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie2310)
    max about £35... Im not too bad... Got a sewing machine, staple gun etc!
    Do you have any good ideas?!
    xx
    Hmm, in that case, I would think it's possible to get hold of a cheap chair, and from there, see if you can get hold of some material in many many colours. The comic chair is something you technically could make, but it would end up being very expensive indeed. However, if the idea of a chair appeals, then somthing with a myriad colours ought to be just as good. Personally, I quite like the idea of a chair, it's certainly not what would be expected, and the hand made touch is always really good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morg)
    how about inviting him round for the evening, make him a really posh meal, decorate the table, make the room all romantic with candles and paper hearts, and then rent a movie and share a big tub of ben and jerrys :p:

Aww, I like this idea. :yes:

And OP, if you want to do something a bit personal, what about making a photobook of you both? Kinda like a photo album, but is a bit fancy and the end result is awesome...

Various prices, I had quite a big one for £35.

http://www.myphotobook.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tacita)
    Aww, I like this idea. :yes:

And OP, if you want to do something a bit personal, what about making a photobook of you both? Kinda like a photo album, but is a bit fancy and the end result is awesome...

Various prices, I had quite a big one for £35.

http://www.myphotobook.co.uk/
    i try my best

and yeah those photo books are great, one of my mates made one from his trip to new york and it is pretty amazing!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.