Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well I am in year 10 and I want to start focusing on my GCSEs. I am predicted C's for English, Maths and Science but when I am older I want to be a doctor. I am quite lazy in class and I was just wondering if anybody could give me any advice on how I could be less lazy and concentrate more because I really want to get A's. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    If you continue being lazy, you won't achieve your dreams.

If you work hard from today onwards, you can make that dream come true.

ReputationRep:
    Trouble is when the teacher says something, I listen and then I think about something stupid in my head so then I don't know what they said.

ReputationRep:
    Time flies and so will your dreams unless you grasp them.

ReputationRep:
    Okay i have a friend who is in the exact same situation except we're now doing our a-levels
    In class, try chewing gum its meant to make you concentrate and if doesnt work at least youll be minty fresh. Make notes when the teachers talking, this may seem a bit geeky but at a-level your expected to do it in every class without being told so try and jot a few points and ideas down during discussions and when your teachers talking. This will also allow you to actually process the information when in class. When you get home you should always try and have a look over the work you've done in class that day, it's hard to get into the habit at the start but come exam time its a great help cos your not having to re-learn your course just revising it. if you want to medicine your gonna have to work hard as its hard to find a uni thats not AAA well most good ones at least. My friend did zero work and got 7As 3As and a GCSEs at not bad considering her lack of revising but when our school offer medicine conferences courses she cant go cos theyre allocated on grades so if you work you should be grand..most look for around 5A*s. GCSEs are no way near as everyone makes out but if you put in the time it really will show! Also for medicine cos its so competetive you need to have quite a lot of extra-cirruclar stuff going on and its really good to have experience in hospitals and nursing homes etc, and volunteering.
    Hope this helps :]

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.