Turn on thread page Beta

To you think this excuse for ending it is genuine? watch

We loved each other, but he lived 3000 miles away. I haven't seen him since summer, but we talked on voice cam everyday.
    I used to get upset quite alot because of the distance and I was always worried about whether we'd everbe together.

On the weekend he ended things. He said that although he loved me and wanted to be with me, he could see having a long distance boyfriend was hurting me etc.....also he is muslim and never told his parents about us, and he said that when he gets older and wants to marry they have to "approve" of the wife......he said he was worried they wouldn't approve of me since we met online and I'm british and everything.....he said he doesn't want to string me along for years then we can't be together anyway. He said ending now would cause less pain for me than prolonging the pain of distance and then probably not being able to be together. He said he doesn't want me to blame him for wasting my uni years and everything......

To you think this excuse is genuine? Or he just doesn't want me anymore? I'm confused, I need an outsiders opinion

ReputationRep:
    How are we supposed to know? Ask him.

ReputationRep:
    He obviously still cares about you, and it is very difficult with the parent issue, however, I am not too sure about marrying someone, looking too far into the future kinda scares me a little bit. But maybe he needs some 'action' you know. I can't imagine having a long distance relationship, personally because I need a hell of a lot more attention than just chatting everyday. Maybe he is feeling the same way.

If it is meant to be, he will change his mind and think differently in the near future, but until then, try to accept it and move on, it will only hurt you more if you don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by common_person)
    You're supposed to be smart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    You're supposed to be smart.
    What's the answer then, smartarse?

ReputationRep:
    From what you've said, it seems genuine, although I can't really judge properly without knowing much about him.

CP just looooves giving advice! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Seems genuine. How sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    CP just looooves giving advice! :ahee:
    It's because I care.

It's because I care.
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    What's the answer then, smartarse?
    You're the smart one. :ahee:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.