Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys Have To Know This. watch

ReputationRep:
    so this is going to be a long explanation of a reasonably simple fact, but context is everything.

after having watched marlon brando in streetcar named desire, me and some boys in my class were discussing how attractive he is (me) and what a man he is (them). they talked about the usual things, pecks, arms, and were incredibly shocked when i said - "easily the best thing about him was his back". they thought i was the weirdest person for thinking that his back was attractive.

asking the other girls in my class, all of whom confirmed that the best thing is easily the perfect V-shaped back, which rippling shoulder muscles.

so basically, guys, my message is - if you have to work on something, don't bother with a six pack or pecks - broad shoulders, excellent lats and powerful legs are what girls (at least me and all my friends) definately want.

p.s. manly hands and being tall are also great, but sadly thats just nature so we understand

ReputationRep:
    Im short

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miranda-ae)
    so this is going to be a long explanation of a reasonably simple fact, but context is everything.

after having watched marlon brando in streetcar named desire, me and some boys in my class were discussing how attractive he is (me) and what a man he is (them). they talked about the usual things, pecks, arms, and were incredibly shocked when i said - "easily the best thing about him was his back". they thought i was the weirdest person for thinking that his back was attractive.

asking the other girls in my class, all of whom confirmed that the best thing is easily the perfect V-shaped back, which rippling shoulder muscles.

so basically, guys, my message is - if you have to work on something, don't bother with a six pack or pecks - broad shoulders, excellent lats and powerful legs are what girls (at least me and all my friends) definitely want.

p.s. manly hands and being tall are also great, but sadly thats just nature so we understand
    GAY

...I'll keep that in mind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    GAY
    Bench and curlz my man bench and curlz...

ReputationRep:
    Shut up, get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich. :yy:

Girls have to know this.

ReputationRep:
    You watched A Streetcar Named Desire and all you could think about was Marlon Brando's neck? Tennessee Williams must be turning in his grave...

On a separate note, can you please watch Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and tell me:

a) why was Paul Newman then the best looking man in the world?
    b) why was Liz Taylor then the best looking woman in the world?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)

Girls have to know this.
    i go to an all boys school, that is pussy compared to usual.

try growing a pair

ReputationRep:
    If I workout at all, its because I want to get fitter and stronger, not because you and your school friends have a penchant for backs.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that

ReputationRep:

try growing a pair
    Can't be an all boys school if you're a girl and you go there:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)

Girls have to know this.
    I knew someone would say this!....:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    sorry babes your not speaking for every one! men keep at them 6packs..or if u dont feel like it im happy with very muscley arms

now hugh jackman! HES a man

ReputationRep:
    Good to know those rows, lat pulldowns, pull ups, deadlifts and cleans have been put to good use. I like my muscular back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Double Agent)
    If I workout at all, its because I want to get fitter and stronger, not because you and your school friends have a penchant for backs.
    This really amused me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Can't be an all boys school if you're a girl and you go there:p:
    okay, all boys lower school and mixed but still predominantly male sixth form :P

but thats a bit more of a mouthful than all boys school

ReputationRep:

try growing a pair
    Listen woman, when I go to gym, I know what I want to work on, I don't need some girl to tell me.

Also, I don't do it for girls, I do it for myself.

If you're so interested in the back, i'll put the bread in the bottom draw so you have to bend down to get it to get a back workout. :rolleyes:

Muscles + arm + chest > back

ReputationRep:
    sorry babes your not speaking for every one! men keep at them 6packs..or if u dont feel like it im happy with very muscley arms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polarbbz)

can you see the shoulders here!

http://threadforthought.net/oldimage...esire-1951.jpg

ReputationRep:
    What about big muscular thighs and calves? Do girls like those?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.