Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

anon please :o:

i am 16, male.

i am the typical 'nice' guy who can't get a girl, i.e- desperate and will throw my heart at any girl. the one who constantly thinks that this girl is THE girl etc

recently i have been in a rut emotionally (problems at home) and last october i was constantly feeling down, so i started to go on chat rooms.

i "met" 2 girls in particular that i talk to a lot now. we have used cam, mic, added eachother on facebook, myspace the whole lot. i can feel myself changing to who i was 3 months ago, we talk for hours at a time about anything and everything.

one of these girls, who lives in america, i have started actually caring about, in the same way i have cared about a girlfriend in the past (only ever had one girlfriend, a while back!). i am 'smart' enough to realise that i do not have a crush on this american girl but i have a crush on the IDEA of having a crush and caring about someone. it feels as though i have feelings for her, fairly strongly, and i know they are phony.

i want to end this whole thing, not talk to them both and put the whole charade behind me. but i know if i do that then this american girl will get hurt (shes emotional and had a lot of bad times recently, 2 of her best friends died in a car crash, her grandma died, and she has openly stated to me that i keep her going when shes crying and down)

so what can i do? just slowly stop talking to her? i have a feeling that if i stopped talking to her i wouldnt stop thinking about her, talking to her makes me feel great when i'm talking to her.... but like a total fool when i'm not.

she is one of the nicest people i know, character wise, and one of the hottest too!

please pass comments on my situation if you ahve the time, dont hold back as i can take criticism :p: :rolleyes: i just wanted some honest opinion and advice.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.