Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im applying to St Doms with predicted grades of 3A*s, 4As and 2Bs and a Diploma in ICT... Is that good enough ? .. can anyone who actually goes to the school or has been through the process of applying to the school; tell me what its like.. e.g Interview.

ReputationRep:
    LOL those grades are fine i know people who have got in with all B's! and also its not thhhaaat good a college, its average lots of people still do come out with Cs and Ds etc, the only thing better about domz than mine is they get to do jan modules which i did not know about....in my college the only time we do jan modules is after taking all AS's in May, and then paying for resits in Jan lol
    with those grades you should probably apply to places like woodhouse...mill hill or some of the grammar schools?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geek_For_Now)
    Im applying to St Doms with predicted grades of 3A*s, 4As and 2Bs and a Diploma in ICT... Is that good enough ? .. can anyone who actually goes to the school or has been through the process of applying to the school; tell me what its like.. e.g Interview.
    those grades should be fine, but then again with st doms you can never tell. i applied nearly two years ago now. the interview is quite informal- usually they have decided already who they want and dont want. you'll be asked to confirm subject choices, i was asked what i wanted to do at uni, and as im not catholic to confirm my religion oh and sign the bit of paper the guy interviewing me had been scribbling on.

ReputationRep:
    In harrow? - its near my school:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKin2U)
    with those grades you should probably apply to places like woodhouse...mill hill or some of the grammar schools?
    What are some good grammar schools?

ReputationRep:
    Saint Dom's in harrow? I got accepted but went to Joan of Arc instead.
    I got 3 A's, 5 B's and 3 C's and still got in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samus2)
    Saint Dom's in harrow? I got accepted but went to Joan of Arc instead.
    I got 3 A's, 5 B's and 3 C's and still got in.
    Your Catholic then? Because they are far more leniant with Catholics than non Catholics grades wise, plus if you went to Sacred Heart/ Salvo before then you were guarenteed a place with 6B's.

ReputationRep:
    oh my god i'm still bitter at st.doms, i really wanted to go there but they turned me down and i was so depressedddddd and the interviewer was so misleading, making me get a boner by thinking i'd got in -_- lyf is s0 h4rd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Student)
    tbh there aren't really any grammar schools round here. Latymer (in Edmonton) is probally the nearest- they look for 6A's minimum. Watford Grammar Boys is probally as good as a grammar. Other than that you have to go into Buckinghamshire for the grammars.

ReputationRep:
    You would have such an advantage if you were Catholic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Your Catholic then? Because they are far more leniant with Catholics than non Catholics grades wise, plus if you went to Sacred Heart/ Salvo before then you were guarenteed a place with 6B's.
    I'm baptised, not confirmed. I just go to a catholic school.
    I've been at Joan of Arc since year seven.
    Well, I think I aced my sixth form applications on the interviews as opposed to me grades... because WGGS, Parmiters, JOA and Saint Doms accepted me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Student)
    Ummmmmmmm well mill hill( although im not sure its strictly a grammer school) but you still got to take 11+ for that...Watford boys....QE....Dr Challoners..Merchant Taylors..Parmiters..Haberdashers ...cant think of anymore at the top of my head lol but there not exactly IN harrow, but alot of people from harrow do go there

ReputationRep:
    It's more than good enough to get it.

ReputationRep:
    there are better sixth form colleges than St Dom's. do some research.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for the replies; the main reason for me applying there is because it's closest to my house. I know damn well I won't be able to wake up a minute early to go to school some where else... =) Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    "those grades should be fine, but then again with st doms you can never tell. i applied nearly two years ago now. the interview is quite informal- usually they have decided already who they want and dont want. you'll be asked to confirm subject choices, i was asked what i wanted to do at uni, and as im not catholic to confirm my religion oh and sign the bit of paper the guy interviewing me had been scribbling on."
    That's exactly what happened; I was asked a few questions about my subject choices and then I was asked to fill out a piece of paper confirming details about myself...

=/ *nervous*

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what happened; I was asked a few questions about my subject choices and then I was asked to fill out a piece of paper confirming details about myself...

=/ *nervous*
    Good luck, I hope you get in. It's certainly one of the better non independant 6th forms in the area.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, I hope you get in. It's certainly one of the better non independant 6th forms in the area.
    Thanks; I hope I do get in..

Has anyone had any replies so far ?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks; I hope I do get in..

Has anyone had any replies so far ?
    nope :| apparently they get back to us in mid-april sometime?

ReputationRep:
    my friends and i got our acceptance letters yesterday, maybe if you dont hear from them in the next week you should call them up

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.