The Student Room Group
They're all well respected, good choices (especially Lit and Hist... although I may be bias :ninja:). Erm... yeah. It's actually a really good combo so I'd recommend sticking with it as long as you find those subjects interesting and aren't ignoring any other subjects you enjoy in place of any? :smile:
Reply 2
I took similar ones to the ones you've mentioned (History, English Lit, Geography and Politics). I found they complimented each other really well, and got me onto the uni course I wanted (history at York uni) so I'd say they're good choices. Oxford gave me an interview too, which suggests they're respected enough subjects :smile:
Yoyodiza
Hi,
I'm in year 11 and have chosen to do the following A-levels:

English literature
Psychology
History
Geography

Is this a good combination? And are the A-levels 'respected' enough for good universities?

Thank you. :smile:

Hey
Yeah they're a good combination...however, I would seriously advise you to rethink taking psychology. Obviously some people enjoy it, but if you're more of an arty kind of person (based on the fact you're doing english and history) i'd say don't do it. i take english, history, politics and psychology and psychology really is the most boring subject i've ever studied, and i've been forced to take latin etc so you know.it's so science/mathsy, and just generally boring. look at past papers and stuff to make sure its your kind of thing, but basically if you didn't like science then don't do this.
Reply 4
what do u want to become - history and englit are alright
They are all good A levels,
you have 3 very respected ones there.
Reply 6
They all seem pretty good :smile: but tbh i just recommend choosing what you enjoy, not what's going to get you into uni.
Yoyodiza
Hi,
I'm in year 11 and have chosen to do the following A-levels:

English literature
Psychology
History
Geography

Is this a good combination? And are the A-levels 'respected' enough for good universities?

Thank you. :smile:

anna_disraeli
Hey
Yeah they're a good combination...however, I would seriously advise you to rethink taking psychology. Obviously some people enjoy it, but if you're more of an arty kind of person (based on the fact you're doing english and history) i'd say don't do it. i take english, history, politics and psychology and psychology really is the most boring subject i've ever studied, and i've been forced to take latin etc so you know.it's so science/mathsy, and just generally boring. look at past papers and stuff to make sure its your kind of thing, but basically if you didn't like science then don't do this.

Psychology is not very mathematical or scientific at all. This is coming from someone who studies History, English Lit, History of Art, Psychology and Theatre. Obviously, all my other choices are a lot more arts based and I enjoy Psychology as much as I enjoy History (they are both my favourite subjects). I got B's for Science and Maths at GCSE and I find Psychology incredibly easy. The only thing that is annoying about it is the AMOUNT you have to know at A2. AS is a breeze though :smile: so I'd take it at AS to get a good grade and keep it at A2 if you enjoy it and are prepared to work hard for it! Also, I've never liked Science, so that is how little is based on Science. Take it if it interests you and find out for yourself. Don't be swayed by other people's opinions. Universities aren't THAT big on how respected a subject is... I got into 3 Top 10 Universities for Psychology while studying Psychology, History and Theatre... So go for what you enjoy, not what everyone else says you should take!
Reply 8
the all respectable in my opinion especially english Lit and History

Latest