Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKin2U)
    Noooooooooo =)
    good

ReputationRep:
    Your more in touch with your asian side integrate more to the British side you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    To get in touch with your british sde one suggests the folowing
    Eat some fish and chips
    Learn Cockney
    Eat some Cadbury's
    Go to a cricket match
    Hate Gordon Brown
    Have an Irrational fear of snow
    Hate the M25

South east london is posh last time I looked it wa a s*** hole is all of india just like slumdog millionare or something or is it that that bad. just joking

But seriously you cannot expect people to adhear to our culture because that in the end makes you an *** hole

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _xAnonymous)
    Your more in touch with your asian side integrate more to the British side you'll be fine.
    tbh...its the other way round...i almost feel ashamed tht i can intergrate with me "asian side" seeing as there are no asians in my year =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazamak)
    tbh...its the other way round...i almost feel ashamed tht i can intergrate with me "asian side" seeing as there are no asians in my year =/
    Why do you feel ashamed?
    just try your best to intergrate more
    it can happen if your willing 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john87)
    you can't go to a country and demand them to follow your way of life or culture

maybe it's you who needs to get make an effort to get some understanding and respect for the white culture
    2nd comment and its verging on causing a dispute, gives racial oriented vibes. The initial comment said nothing about demanding anyonee to follow any way of life or culture, ffs what is wrong with you people.

I'm white, had a bengali friend for couple years and known a lot of indian and pakistani people too. It's great to get to know other parts of the UK society because it is real. I live for real while other people stick their head in the sand.

Sad fact is we're not there yet. In your lifetime we'll not have a trully civilised world. That won't happen until there is no such thing as difference between people.

That idiots comment, john87, probably doesnt realise that everyday he lives his life the way disabled people need him to live it, if he likes it or not. Everytime he goes through an automated door and doesnt pull it open himself, hits one of those OPEN DOOR buttons or walks up a ramp instead of stairs.

I bet however he has never complained about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazamak)
    You misunderstand what im saying

im not "converting" anyone. Im simply talking about understanding of different cultures
    Different cultures?

You just said the white people lacked culture.

Very different statements.

You're in the UK - deal with it. People are under no obligation to be understanding or accommodating towards your culture. They may choose to do so - but clearly that has given you a sense of entitlement. If you wish to live as if your culture is the primary culture, go to Bangladesh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emster)
    Then go to a muslim country...i wouldnt go live in pakistan and complain about a difference in culture..i'd deal with it:mad:
    Dude im not a immigrant!! XD im a 17 yrold doin alevels

Im born here. Im just chatting about my asian culture, im not some radical convert LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WebTechGlobal)
    2nd comment and its verging on causing a dispute, gives racial oriented vibes. The initial comment said nothing about demanding anyonee to follow any way of life or culture, ffs what is wrong with you people.

I'm white, had a bengali friend for couple years and known a lot of indian and pakistani people too. It's great to get to know other parts of the UK society because it is real. I live for real while other people stick their head in the sand.

Sad fact is we're not there yet. In your lifetime we'll not have a trully civilised world. That won't happen until there is no such thing as difference between people.

That idiots comment, john87, probably doesnt realise that everyday he lives his life the way disabled people need him to live it, if he likes it or not. Everytime he goes through an automated door and doesnt pull it open himself, hits one of those OPEN DOOR buttons or walks up a ramp instead of stairs.

I bet however he has never complained about it.
    lol i think you get me bro ty
    And dw john87 misunderstood my statement

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.